• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

On the Island of Long: a toilet tax

Started by KBCraig, March 21, 2012, 12:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/cash-strapped-nassau-county-goes-after-19-school-districts-with-toilet-tax/

EAST WILLISTON, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Schools in Nassau County have joined together to try and flush away a new fee they say will literally drain their budgets.

Every flush in every school could soon cost taxpayers, thanks to a new sewer use fee.

....Wheatley School, which doesn't even have sewers.

"We have septic tanks and the water seeps into the ground," Kamberg said.

Jim Johnson

But if you use one drop of water, that affects the entire world ecosystem, so the entire world should benefit from that big turd factory you call a butt. 
You could take yourself out of the system by recycling your waste, i.e. 'Dune survival suit', or the 2 liter plastic bottle system ala 'Speed Freak Steve' in the van down by the river.
...but apparently if you remove yourself from the system you'll be in violation of the interstate commerce clause.

I can see a toilet vouture system on the horizon where each child is allowed one crap per day and no one flushes after peeing.  This will lead to multiple crapping and plugged toilets.  And no one is going to follow Stinky Steve in to the toilets because he always a double flush but he doesn't have the vouchers.

Pat K

Just one of many, many taxes, fee's, permits..........

Tom Sawyer

"Ohhhhh... may I please use your bathroom... I have to go really badly!"

"Wait a minute there buddy... you have to file this environmental impact statement... in triplicate."

sandm000

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 21, 2012, 04:53 PM NHFT
But if you use one drop of water, that affects the entire world ecosystem, so the entire world should benefit from that big turd factory you call a butt. 
You could take yourself out of the system by recycling your waste, i.e. 'Dune survival suit', or the 2 liter plastic bottle system ala 'Speed Freak Steve' in the van down by the river.
...but apparently if you remove yourself from the system you'll be in violation of the interstate commerce clause.

I can see a toilet vouture system on the horizon where each child is allowed one crap per day and no one flushes after peeing.  This will lead to multiple crapping and plugged toilets.  And no one is going to follow Stinky Steve in to the toilets because he always a double flush but he doesn't have the vouchers.

I just deliver it to the offices of the government, I mean if they think they can tell me how often I can go to the bathroom, they'll know what to do with it when I have to go more often. So I put it in cardboard boxes, tied shut with a brown ribbon.

doobie

The government has found ways to tax natural bodily functions.  Who would have thought!

Lloyd Danforth

Restaurants could offer vouchers to patrons to get them in on slow nights.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 22, 2012, 07:51 AM NHFT
"Ohhhhh... may I please use your bathroom... I have to go really badly!"

"Wait a minute there buddy... you have to file this environmental impact statement... in triplicate."

Some folks on Long Island creater a larger-than-average environmental impact when they go potty.

Or walk.

;D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 22, 2012, 03:17 PM NHFT

Restaurants could offer vouchers to patrons to get them in on slow nights.
So, you want the Chilly Burrito Plate with extra onions?  It comes with two flushes.  Did you want the four flush special?  The chef recommends it.

No thank you.  I printed a crappen coupon from crappenintown.com.  That's how I found your place, through crappenintown.com.

Don't get caught crappen in an ally or one of those places like in 'Slumdog Millionaire'. 
Use crappenintown.com... and be prepared.

Free libertarian

Finally a win for the anal retentive.   :P

Russell Kanning

it always bothered me tin Keene if you used one gallon of water on your yard half the charge was for the stinkin waste water system

Lloyd Danforth

I lived for a short time in Bullhead City, AZ. They charged for sewer services based on water usage. Nobody had a lawn. Across the river in Laughlin, NV they didn't, and people grew lawns, at least,  to the extent that it was possible.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 31, 2012, 01:10 PM NHFT
it always bothered me tin Keene if you used one gallon of water on your yard half the charge was for the stinkin waste water system

In my town the sewer is actually more than the water. The adjoining town --same water system, same sewer system-- charges a flat rate for sewer, so that it doesn't spike as much when you water your lawn or garden.

Russell Kanning

apple valley california used to charge 4 times as much for water and its neighbors victorville and hesperia
you could almost see the "green line" as you crossed over the imaginary political border no grass no swimming pools