• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 13

Started by Lloyd Danforth, March 04, 2007, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 25, 2007, 12:36 PM NHFT
Feh, well at least my mockingbird thing got in there somewhere.

?To do something to Ed and Elaine Brown, who haven't done anything, that would be like killing a mockingbird,? said Lauren Canario, who has supported the Browns throughout their trial.

LOL
I got undue credit for being poetic and literary, that should go to Kat.

Kat Kanning

Well, you deserve extra credit for all you've done.  :)

Elwar

FYI...

Just received this text from a co-worker:

by the way some couple in NH didn't pay their taxes and are wholed up in their house with a big USA flag pinned up on the side of the house.. haha. cops are having a stand off..dang Libs!

it made fox today

He said the sound was off so he didn't know what they said about it. But it was on fox news.

lastlady

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 25, 2007, 01:19 PM NHFT
Well, you deserve extra credit for all you've done.  :)

yes yes yes she does and so do you Kat. thanks for posting the article.  :)

Rosie the Riveter

Kat, Kira and Lauren -- Union Leader --over the fold front page -- 5 by 8 picture --

"Kat Kanning, right, of Keene, Lauren Canario of Winchester and Kira Dillon of Keene were among about a dozen people outside U.S. District Court yesterday to support Edward and Elaine Brown. (BOB LAPREE)"

[attachment deleted by admin]

penguins4me

Quote from: error on April 25, 2007, 01:23 AM NHFTPeople going in and out of there make supply runs irregularly.
I'm happy to hear that. :)

Quote from: error on April 25, 2007, 01:23 AM NHFTOne of the articles suggested that the government was making "special plans" to take the Browns.
... first thing which came to my mind: what is the Browns' water source? Near as I can figure, that'd be the weak point in the supply chain - I presume they have a well? I wonder how tamper-resistant wells are. :/

wolf

Our government is run by criminals who are worse than the mob. Paying taxes is equivalent to paying protection money to the mafia. It is beyond my understanding why in cases such as the Brown's, the jury almost always sides with the  feds rather than finding the defendants not guilty by reason of JURY NULLIFICATION. The IRS should be on trial for the crimes of robbery, extortion, assault, murder, willful destruction of private property and a host of other aberrant acts.

penguins4me

Quote from: wolf on April 25, 2007, 07:34 PM NHFTIt is beyond my understanding why in cases such as the Brown's, the jury almost always sides with the  feds rather than finding the defendants not guilty by reason of JURY NULLIFICATION.

That's because our "peers" are largely made up of apathetic folks who care about little else beyond getting out the deliberation room as quickly as possible so they can go back to thir normal lives and resume whatever it is they normally do.
On top of that, few are likely to have any interest in the way our system of gov't is supposed to work, as in many cases, the gov't's overbearing iron fist hasn't come crashing down upon them yet.

Then there's the whole issue about the judges deciding what can or can't be heard in court, and while I believe I've seen both extremes lately (SCO vs IBM, US vs Wayne Fincher), not permitting someone to present a defense based on the Constitution is... enraging.
I completely understand Ed's refusal to return to court.

Combine those things and it's obvious why the criminal "justice" system is a horrid sham.

Quantrill

QuoteMcAuliffe limited the extent to which the Browns could argue such theories during their trial, and he instructed the jury not to question the validity of the federal income tax as they reached their verdict.

It's obvious the judge knows very little about the law...

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: penguins4me on April 25, 2007, 07:32 PM NHFT
... first thing which came to my mind: what is the Browns' water source? Near as I can figure, that'd be the weak point in the supply chain - I presume they have a well? I wonder how tamper-resistant wells are. :/

The water source is a well on the property.  That's probably the most secure supply.  Ed also has a windmill, generator and solar panels for electricity in addition to a connection to the power company.  He has 100+ acres of forest for fuel and privacy.  He has lots of non-perishable food.  The guy is ready.

error

And they are specifically not told about jury nullification.

penguins4me

Quote from: error on April 25, 2007, 08:36 PM NHFTAnd they are specifically not told about jury nullification.

That itself is not as worrisome: people should know their own rights. What is maddening is the cases where the jury is explicitly told to decide whether or not someone is guilty of the law and not to judge the validity of the law. Judges who instruct the jury as such have betrayed the trust of the people they purport to serve and, overlooking any weasel-crossed-my-fingers wording, their oath to uphold the Constitution, whose purported purpose was to restrict the government and protect the inherent, God-given rights of the people!