• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 13

Started by Lloyd Danforth, March 04, 2007, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd 'Posterboy' Danforth on March 06, 2007, 10:29 AM NHFT
Why do you feel compulsed to report anything?  Especially when you get so much resistance from those who have the information you need to be accurate.
Exactly.
I got an idea for you guys at the monitor. Why not ask the feds each day why they are hassling the Browns who haven't hurt anyone? :)

Ed is really enjoying this boycott of most media. It is more relaxing for him to hang out with his wife and supporters and he gets to watch reporters beg. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd 'Posterboy' Danforth on March 06, 2007, 10:44 AM NHFT
Potato Cannons?
their place would be great for that .... I think you could just shoot it downhill and would only hit feds hiding in the trees. Or better yet ... use them as anti fed aircraft weapons. :)

Russell Kanning

LordBaltimore

Why do you feel compulsed to report anything?  Especially when you get so much resistance from those who have the information you need to be accurate.

Under that logic, we'd have no press at all on the war in Iraq, the deficit, Waco, Enron, Nixon, or any other story that annoys the person, group, or government agency involved.

Ed's shunning of the press means that Ed's support will rapidly fade.  John Joe Gray in Texas is a perfect example.  Not a single story since 2003 and yet he's stuck in his home, unable to leave. 

If Ed wants his story to be bigger than Ed's personal situation, the press is going to be involved.  And if Ed doesn't want press to look and report on his situation, he might want to let the Quest blog know.  This morning's posts include a request for everyone to contact PBS.

And if you think the press has nothing to do with Ed having supporters, look at what prompted the very first post in this lengthy thread.

Russell Kanning

I agree with you.
We just cannot determine what Ed will do. If he doesn't want press, then I guess it will be harder to get the word out.

The way I have been doing reporting for the Keene Free Press is to not pressure any innocent person, so I miss out on reporting on say .... how Elaine Brown was doing in Worchester. I didn't want to call her up and bug her. But I can cover Ed sometimes, because he calls us or lets us visit.

I also feel comfortable in asking government people uncomfortable questions, because they can quit their job and be left alone.

If I was in the Brown's position, I would be talking to basically whoever was interested ... but probably not the feds. :) But this is their game.

macthefork

Quote from: Peace on March 06, 2007, 12:00 AM NHFT

A man from Hawaii flew in two days ago and will stay for awhile. 

If this man can "afford" to "fly in from Hawaii" maybe he can afford to get down to Concord and purchase the transcript from Ed and Elaine's trial.

Oh that's right...that's not that important to you people...

macthefork

Quote from: scoop on March 06, 2007, 09:21 AM NHFT
One of the biggest weekends yet as far as visitors and NOT one brought a standard weapon that I was aware of.

Anthony,

If you think I've made a mistake, why don't you give me a call and we can talk about whether a correction is appropriate? As I've told Ed repeatedly, when he won't talk to me, I have to rely on what I hear from other people. I agree that my reports would benefit from hearing the truth from Ed or Elaine directly.

You know where to find me if you'd like to have a real conversation.

Is this person "Scoop" Margot from Concord Monitor?

macthefork

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 06, 2007, 10:48 AM NHFT
Exactly.
I got an idea for you guys at the monitor. Why not ask the feds each day why they are hassling the Browns who haven't hurt anyone? :)

Ed is really enjoying this boycott of most media. It is more relaxing for him to hang out with his wife and supporters and he gets to watch reporters beg. :)

Mr. S "ILL" Y at it again.

macthefork

Margot-

If you are out there-

Has the Concord Monitor obtained a copy of the transcript from Ed and Elaine's trial?  If not then why?  How can your paper report objectively on the "legal facts" from a trial without examining the validity of the Courts intentions and actions by carefully evaluating the transcript?

As a reporter I would think you would have an interest in making sure public documents such as these are easily obtainable by all interested parties especially the defendant.

Could you please contact the US District Court Clerk in Concord and get clarification on how one can go about obtaining the entire transcript from Ed and Elaine's trial?   And at what reasonable cost and wait time?  Also could you please find out if any transcripts have been produced and distributed, and to whom.

Matthew Cohen

(401) 451-4831

Raineyrocks

Quote from: macthefork on March 06, 2007, 01:07 PM NHFT

If this man can "afford" to "fly in from Hawaii" maybe he can afford to get down to Concord and purchase the transcript from Ed and Elaine's trial.

Oh my gosh, I am getting so tempted to do my first smite ever!

powerchuter

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 06, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT

Go Ahead...
Smite him every 12 hours...
And "ignore" him too...
Come on and join the fun!
Join in Everyone!

Russell Kanning

Hey Rob .... you have been to Ed's place in the last week or two. For all the folks reading from long distance ... what were your impressions of the mood of the place?

macthefork

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 06, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT

If this man can afford to fly in from Hawaii maybe he can afford to get down to Concord and purchase the transcript from Ed and Elaines trial.

Oh thats right...thats not that important to you people...

Hey Margo,

Isnt it funny how so called peaceful people get really angry and violent when someone shows them how ridiculous they are.

This little lamb has saved her first smite for this situation?

Yeah shes peaceful.

Anyways that guy from Hawaii should take some of his money and go get Ed a transcript from his trial.

Oh thats right.....too much sight seeing for him to do up in Plainfield with the drones and UFOS and all...

powerchuter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 06, 2007, 03:59 PM NHFT
Hey Rob .... you have been to Ed's place in the last week or two. For all the folks reading from long distance ... what were your impressions of the mood of the place?

I was there with the group from the Liberty Forum which included a former presidential candidate...
We had a very good meeting with Ed...sort of a "Knights of the Round Table" deal...
I know we all have our "good days" and our "bad days" and the Browns are no exception...
Personally, for what we're up against...I'd say we've all been doing pretty good "mood-wise"...

And...
Speaking strictly for myself and no one else...
It's my personal belief from what I have read, heard, and witnessed...
If anyone moves against the Browns and/or any of their many supporters...
Unintended Consequences will be activated...

Go ahead...read the book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross!

Good to hear from you Russell!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: powerchuter on March 06, 2007, 04:10 PM NHFT
Go ahead...read the book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross!

Good to hear from you Russell!
I liked that book. I found it in the LA County Library system. :)
I didn't read every page though.