• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 19

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, July 08, 2007, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephSHaas

Here's the reply of 11:03 AM that I received from The PUC counsel:

"From: Kreis, Donald  Donald.Kreis at puc.nh.gov ...

--Dear Mr. Haas:

--I have read the communication below.  My letter to you of July 5 constitutes the entirety of the Commission's response to the concerns you raised in your previous communications.  If I understand your message correctly, you are asking the Commission to hold some kind of hearing.  I think you can fairly interpret my letter of July 5 as a determination by the Commission that a hearing would be inappropriate in the circumstances.

-My direct number appears below and you obviously have my email address.  Please direct any further inquiries directly to me.

Sincerely,  Donald M. Kreis, General Counsel, New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, 21 S. Fruit Street, Suite 10, Concord, New Hampshire 03301, 603.271.6006 (direct line)"

My reply at exactly 11:50 AM was: "Please send me proof that the commission has delegated to you these decision-making powers."

Modification:

I.) Here's a re-type of the reply of exactly 12:00 o'clock high noon, from Kreis:

"Dear Mr. Haas:

-Although I don't think it will be helpful to engage in a back-and-forth discussion about the implications of the Commission's response to your inquiries as reflected in my July 5 letter, I do want to correct what might be a misunderstanding or a misinterpretation on your part.

--I claim no decisionmaking powers, at least insofar as the issues you raise are concerned.  I am, however, counsel to the agency and its commissioners and, as such, have authority to make statements on behalf(*) of my client.  My letter of July 5 was within the scope of that authority.

--I hope that's helpful.

Sincerely, Donald M. Kreis, General Counsel, New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, 21 S. Fruit Street, Suite 10, Concord, New Hampshire 03301, 603.271.6006 (direct line)". +

II. ) Here's a re-type of my 12:35 PM reply to him of:

"I don't want half(*) statements, but full answers after a hearing for this Art. 8 'account'ing."

Read what Article 8, Pt. 1st, N.H. Constitution says about this: "...the public's right of access to governmental proceedings and records shall not be unreasonably restricted."  I've asked for a hearing, and find the reason tied to paragraph #4 fawlty, re: that of the issue being that the Feds are engaging the Browns on the income tax question, when my COMPLAINT was to the issues in paragraph #3 of that the Feds over at the courthouse have NO RSA 123:1 jurisdiction to do ANYthing withIN this state, including telling a private telephone company, as regulated by the PUC to violate a contract! The Commissioners are duty-bound by their RSA 92:2 oaths of office to the U.S. Constitution too, and so to see in particular: Art. I, Sec. 10 in that "No State shall...impair...the Obligation of Contracts...." Thus the state, by their non-regulation in this case, of which they are charged to regulate, has stepped into the shoes of the Feds and impaired, or allowed to have diminished in the quantity of NO service, as contracted for in writing, the obligation being of a "legal" nature, as spelled out by the PUC Commissioner Getz at that G&C Meeting in that the reason we have such a Commission is so that there are not a lot of telephone poles for each and all of the #__ direct line companies out there.  The Feds needing to get a wire-tap order for a land-line, but anybody can pick up a cell-phone over the airwaves.  So IF the Feds start shutting down certain accounts, they have crossed yet another line, and that injured party ought to file suit against their private company too, as NOT a friend of the public, but a company that should be boycotted as playing with liars! The Federal liars that say they have the authority or jurisdiction, that yes: was offered to them but that they refused! And our current State Reps saying they don't give a shit!

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2007, 08:34 AM NHFT
I have heard more than once this week how "Ed Brown is ruining it for the rest of us".
I don't agree.

I think the rest of them are ruining it for us.

JosephSHaas

Here's a re-type of my e-mail letter of 11:47 AM to the N.H. Electric Co-op, Attn: Cliff, Problem Solver.

"To Solutions at nhec.com
Subject: FW: [Ed Brown case].

Cliff,

--Please see my reference to your title of Supervisor over in Reply #4694 on page 313 over at http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=3868.4680 that was posted by me at exactly 9:47 a.m. earlier this morning.

--I am a member/user of the Co-Op through my brother's account with you, and so would like for you to: (1) show me by way of photocopies of just WHAT the Feds sent to you from WHO there, and please compare it to the information below [re: the Kreis reply of 11:03 AM], and (2) if you do not reverse your mistake, that I be able to appeal your decision to the Board for their Tue., August 21st meeting at __:_ o'clock am/pm.

--In the meantime, would you AND the Board please discuss this issue at your Tue., July 24th meeting, and hopefully agree with me that the Feds were WRONG to have ASKed for what they have no jurisdiction for to complain about, and likewise reverse your decision.

--I just talked with Elaine Brown via a cell phone and before she and/or Ed give me some signed power-of-attorney to represent their complaint, if needed beyond my complaint and as a consumer from the 8% State Business Profits Tax, I'd like an answer from you +/or the Board, and either way to please schedule me in to talk with you all next month: all eleven (11) Board Members, please to send me their names to lobby them before then, seeing only the list of four re-elected at your website, including former State Treasurer Georgie Thomas of Thornton, who knows about these Art. 41 powers of the governor as in the chain-of-command.

Thank you, - - - - - - - - - Joe / Joseph S. Haas, P.O. Box 3842, Concord, N.H. 03302, Tel. 603: 848-6059 (cell phone)."

JosephSHaas

Quote from: error on July 10, 2007, 11:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2007, 08:34 AM NHFT
I have heard more than once this week how "Ed Brown is ruining it for the rest of us".
I don't agree.

I think the rest of them are ruining it for us.

Say what? and from Who? plus when? also: where? and why? and how?

- yup, gotta get them all in there.

The "ruin" of us all are the parasites upon the host, as in:
these legal counsels who give opinions that they think are decisions!

kayemmsee

Does anyone happen to have contact info for the event organizers?  I went to the link at the head of this thread but didn't see the info there . . . i sent an email to mgmt but i have no idea whether it'll get to whom it should or not.

thanks for you help,
kayemmsee

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

kola

It seems I have a stalker friend who follows me from forum to forum.
;)
Kola

Russell Kanning

LordBaltimore

Quote from: Fragilityh14 on July 08, 2007, 02:28 AM NHFT
What i do know, is that regardless of if he is a "kook", an inconsiderate neighbor

According to Ed, the neighbors signed and delivred some kind of a petition or survey to him asking him not to have a concert.  Glad he isn't my neighbor.

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2007, 09:18 AM NHFT
I love the idea of the Feds sitting indoors eating donuts while we are out enjoying the outdoors and listening to music.

So what happens when it rains?

Feds sit indoors eating donuts while you are out enjoying the outdoors...

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Quote from: richardr on July 10, 2007, 07:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Fragilityh14 on July 08, 2007, 02:28 AM NHFT
What i do know, is that regardless of if he is a "kook", an inconsiderate neighbor

According to Ed, the neighbors signed and delivred some kind of a petition or survey to him asking him not to have a concert.  Glad he isn't my neighbor.

Keeping the music under a particular decibel reading could be considerate.  The meters only cost about 40 or 60 Federal Reserve Bucks.

kola

porcupine kate

Poker Face is used to doing small concerts, and does a great job of maintaining an appropriate volume.

Lloyd - Corporate Avenger is very understandable - much of their stuff is kind of a mix between Native American chant and angry punk screaming.  Which is appropriate considering the subject matter.

Romak

I'll say it again having a concert is a very bad idea. This isn't something people should celebrate. His neighbors are well within their rights to ask him politely not to have this concert. If the situation was different they probably wouldn't care one iota. They moved there for some piece and quiet and are not getting it with all the hoopla surrounding this. Id be extremely pissed if some swat team asked us to evacuate our home because a convicted Felon was camped out in our neighbors home, and Id want them to go get him so we can enjoy our property. I'm sure some of them have land that they like to enjoy, and may feel as though they cant even walk around their land for fear of being killed by one of Eds paranoid supporters, or for fear of running into a federal agent mistaking them for one of Eds supporters. Seriously folks how would you feel living next door to this man? I know I wouldn't deal with it well. My children like to explore the woods. We pretty much use all of our land to teach them about the outdoors, show them different plants, animals, etc. If I wasn't able to enjoy this time with my kids I most definitely wouldn't put up with that. I just don't think you all think about how this effects people in his neighborhood.

hook

Quote from: Romak on July 11, 2007, 06:44 AM NHFT
I'll say it again having a concert is a very bad idea. This isn't something people should celebrate. His neighbors are well within their rights to ask him politely not to have this concert. If the situation was different they probably wouldn't care one iota. They moved there for some piece and quiet and are not getting it with all the hoopla surrounding this. Id be extremely pissed if some swat team asked us to evacuate our home because a convicted Felon was camped out in our neighbors home, and Id want them to go get him so we can enjoy our property. I'm sure some of them have land that they like to enjoy, and may feel as though they cant even walk around their land for fear of being killed by one of Eds paranoid supporters, or for fear of running into a federal agent mistaking them for one of Eds supporters. Seriously folks how would you feel living next door to this man? I know I wouldn't deal with it well. My children like to explore the woods. We pretty much use all of our land to teach them about the outdoors, show them different plants, animals, etc. If I wasn't able to enjoy this time with my kids I most definitely wouldn't put up with that. I just don't think you all think about how this effects people in his neighborhood.

The Government set the chain of events into motion.

If Ed and Elaine were left alone none of your potential concerns for the neighbors would materialize.