• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 19

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, July 08, 2007, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on July 11, 2007, 09:07 PM NHFT
The feds have been unusually quiet on the network today. Calm before a storm, perhaps?
I think that they are just lazy.

Russell Kanning

I guess the neighbors sent Ed and Elaine a letter. I haven't seen it; this is just what I heard.
We could just stick with what we know.
We know that the government official have said it.

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 11, 2007, 09:16 PM NHFT
The feds have been unusually quiet on the network today. Calm before a storm, perhaps?
I think that they are just lazy.

Maybe they spilled Dunkin Donuts coffee in their keyboards.

Russell Kanning

I am willing to give up the DDs if it will mean less cops in nh :)

Russell Kanning

if you wear funny sunnyglasses ... you just might be a fed

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

If your tucked shirted belly hangs over yer belted polyester pants.....you just might be a fed

scoop

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 11, 2007, 09:17 PM NHFT
I guess the neighbors sent Ed and Elaine a letter. I haven't seen it; this is just what I heard.

Who's that?

LordBaltimore

Quote from: Sheep Fuzzy Wool on July 11, 2007, 08:42 PM NHFT
Let me clarify, sorry if it came out sounding wrong with definitions of words that change definitions. I should not have used the word income tax.
The grandmother said, "Back in the old days, when we were young, when we worked for others, we received a paycheck and did not have anything deducted nor did we have to fill out a form for taxes on the labor we supplied."  "No yearly filing for labor wages."  "It was not done."  "When the WW2 came, we were asked to volunteer to a tax collected to support the war efforts (WW2)." "Since then, we have been filing ever since."

The grandmother was not born till after 1913. 

Either your friend's grandma is still wrong or she was too poor to have to file.  The Form 1040 has been required filing since 1913 for people who earned more than the minimum amount.  Here's what it looked like in 1913.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/641.html

LordBaltimore

Ed talked about it on Monday's radio show.

Spencer

Quote from: richardr on July 11, 2007, 10:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sheep Fuzzy Wool on July 11, 2007, 08:42 PM NHFT
Let me clarify, sorry if it came out sounding wrong with definitions of words that change definitions. I should not have used the word income tax.
The grandmother said, "Back in the old days, when we were young, when we worked for others, we received a paycheck and did not have anything deducted nor did we have to fill out a form for taxes on the labor we supplied."  "No yearly filing for labor wages."  "It was not done."  "When the WW2 came, we were asked to volunteer to a tax collected to support the war efforts (WW2)." "Since then, we have been filing ever since."

The grandmother was not born till after 1913. 

Either your friend's grandma is still wrong or she was too poor to have to file.  The Form 1040 has been required filing since 1913 for people who earned more than the minimum amount.  Here's what it looked like in 1913.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/641.html

Too poor?!?  The minimum net income that triggered the requirement to file in 1913 was $3,000, which translates into 2005 FRNs as follows:

In 2005, $3,000.00 from 1913 is worth:

$61,031.25  using the Consumer Price Index
$45,891.45  using the GDP deflator
$124,755.38  using the value of consumer bundle
$263,463.69  using the unskilled wage
$313,582.76  using the nominal GDP per capita
$954,711.29  using the relative share of GDP

http://www.measuringworth.com/calculators/compare/

error

And $99,210.00 using the price of gold as an indicator.

cigarlover

I dont know if this was posted elsewhere on the site but Tommy Cryer won his court case in Luisiana yesterday.
Tommy Cryer is an attorney who was also taking on the IRS. He proved that the income tax is misapplied. It is constitutional but misapplied in that they are taxing peoples labor whioch it was never meant to do. He cited 68 supreme court cases, as well as the constitution and the IRS codes. He also cited that there is no liability provision in the Tax codes, NO LAW!!!!!

The DOJ in cross examination pointed out the 2 cases they have that confirm that a tax on wages is legal. In redirect Tommy stated that the supreme court is the law of the land not the district courts.

This waqs a huge victory for the tax honesty moevement. I hope Ed and Elaine get some releif from this decision.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: scoop on July 11, 2007, 09:38 PM NHFT

Who's that?
all I read about was 2 town council people .... that came from some paper ... I guess

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

if you "detain" individuals .... you just might be a fed