• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 21

Started by Nicholas Gilman, August 17, 2007, 05:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBaltimore

I spent some time this afternoon reading through the indictments and reports I linked to above.  While this will likely irritate the moderators who can't be bothered by the real world, here's a summary.

Bob Wolffe, the Constitution Ranger guy from Vermont, was charged with one count of "Accessory after the Fact."  The minimum sentence is no prison, and the maximum sentence is 5 years in prison if convicted on all counts.  To satify the requirements of being an accessory after the fact, he was accused of

1) providing a car to the Browns so supporters could run errands
2) conducting counter-surveillance of the marshals
3) providing armed security at the home
4) acting as a mail drop / courier when their mail was stopped

LordBaltimore

Danny Riley, the elecrtician who became famous for walking the dog, pretty much admitted to everything plus a whole lot more, when he was questioned in June.  He was indicted on four counts: 1) Accessory after the fact (same as Wolffe), 2) Conspiracy to prevent US agents from arresting the Browns, 3) Conspiracy to commit offenses against the US, and 4) Carrying and possessing a firearm in connection with a crime of violence. The minimum sentence is 5 years, and the max is 21 years in prison.

As proof of these charges, the indictment claims he:

1) lived with the Browns temporarily
2) huffed and puffed all over the internet, tv, and radio about providing armed resistance against anyone who came to arrest the Browns
3) purchased a Serbu .50 cal rifle from a local New Hampshire dealer
4) moved a bunch of fire extinguishers from Elaine's office to the home (I really get why this is evidence)
5) wired the property with motion sensors
6) brought a shotgun to the house

error

I did one of those things yesterday! HOLY SHIT! I'm in BIG TROUBLE NOW!!! :o ::)

LordBaltimore

Reno Gonzalez, the ex government defense contractor from Texas was thrown out the house a couple of months ago when Ed found he'd had a secret meeting in the house with another guest which according to Ed violated "house rules."  Reno was indicted on the same four counts as Riley: 1) Accessory after the fact (same as Wolffe), 2) Conspiracy to prevent US agents from arresting the Browns, 3) Conspiracy to commit offenses against the US, and 4) Carrying and possessing a firearm in connection with a crime of violence. The minimum sentence is 5 years, and the max is 21 years in prison.

1) lived with the Browns for a few months
2) claimed quite openly on the internet and videos that his role was to provide armed security to the Browns in the event of their arrest
3) purchased an additional Serbu .50 cal rifle from a local New Hampshire dealer
4) brought a 9 mm rifle and .22 handgun to the house

CNHT

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT
Purchasing a bunch of rifles for Ed at local New Hampshire gun dealers

All legal...

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFTand playing at being an armed security for the Browns. 

Did they actually shoot at anyone? I think a lawyer would have to prove that.

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFTAP said they found a pipe bomb and grenade in his room at his mom's home and the indictment I linked to above doesn't even include those items.

Boys will be boys. Hey , better hide that 'tater cannon!

LordBaltimore

Jason Gerhard is the young kid from New York, and I don't know that much about him because he wasn't so mouthy on the internet.  He was charged with the most counts of anyone:  1) one count of accessory after the fact, 2) one count of conspiracy to prevent US agents from arresting the Browns, 3) one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the US, and 4) five counts of carrying and possessing a firearm in connection with a crime of violence. The sentencing on those last five counts is confusing but ranges from 125 years with a maximum of  131 years in prison.

1) lived with the Browns off and on for a few months
2) posed for various photos where he is armed and is standing guard for the Browns
3) purchased a Bushmaster rifle from a local New Hampshire dealer
4) purchased an M44 from a dealer in New Hampshire
5) Tried to have firearms accessories delivered to the home
6) purchased three Ruger rifles from a local New Hampshire dealer
7) purchased a Serbu .50 cal rifle from a New Hampshire dealer

CNHT

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 05:16 PM NHFT
Jason Gerhard is the young kid from New York, and I don't know that much about him because he wasn't so mouthy on the internet.  He was charged with the most counts of anyone:  1) one count of accessory after the fact, 2) one count of conspiracy to prevent US agents from arresting the Browns, 3) one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the US, and 4) five counts of carrying and possessing a firearm in connection with a crime of violence. The sentencing on those last five counts is confusing but ranges from 125 years with a maximum of  131 years in prison.

1) lived with the Browns off and on for a few months
2) posed for various photos where he is armed and is standing guard for the Browns
3) purchased a Bushmaster rifle from a local New Hampshire dealer
4) purchased an M44 from a dealer in New Hampshire
5) Tried to have firearms accessories delivered to the home
6) purchased three Ruger rifles from a local New Hampshire dealer
7) purchased a Serbu .50 cal rifle from a New Hampshire dealer

Well I don't know much about the details but I ask, don't the Browns have a car of their own?
I can't imagine they don't have FA's of their own either.
I still don't see how standing around the property is a federal offense.

YixilTesiphon

So do y'all think they'll wait and see if this will prevent any more support from flowing to the Browns?

LordBaltimore

Quote from: CNHT on September 14, 2007, 05:15 PM NHFT

All legal...

Not when you're buying them for a convicted felon or when you're threatening to use them to keep a convicted felon from being arrested.  And I wonder where a 21 year unemployed kid got the money to purchase a $2,100 .50 rifle?

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFTand playing at being an armed security for the Browns. 

Did they actually shoot at anyone? I think a lawyer would have to prove that.

You don't have to shoot at anyone.  You don't even have to aim the weapons at anyone when you're openly providing armed security for a convicted felon who doesn't want to be arrested.  The term "act of violence" has as sliding scale of seriousness, if you simply possess the firearm, it's five years minimum, if you brandish it, it's seven years minimum, and if you fire it, it's ten years minimum.  If you are convicted on more than one count, it's 25 years minimum on the second and future counts.

Here's how the law defines "crime of violence" for the purposes of what Reno, Danny, and Jason have been charged with (18 USC Section 924).

(3) For purposes of this subsection the term "crime of violence" means an offense that is a felony and--
     (A) has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force  against the person or property of another, or
     (B) that by its nature, involves a substantial risk that physical force against the person or property of another may be used in the course of committing the offense.

When you pose for pictures armed and brag to the video cameras and on the internet that you're acting as armed security for the Browns, you're in clear violation of that Section 924 penalty.

When I calculated the sentence range for the various people, I assumed that they possessed the weapon, but have never brandished or fired them at anyone.

Quote from: richardr on September 14, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFTAP said they found a pipe bomb and grenade in his room at his mom's home and the indictment I linked to above doesn't even include those items.

Boys will be boys. Hey , better hide that 'tater cannon!
[/quote]

The kid's life is ruined. Excuse if I don't laugh or play kazoos, and make silly videos in front of courthouses.  The curse of Ed Brown is going to spread a lot farther before this circus ends.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: CNHT on September 14, 2007, 05:17 PM NHFT
I still don't see how standing around the property is a federal offense.

No one has been charged with standing around the property.  Three of the four provided weapons to the Browns, and four out of four provided armed security.

LordBaltimore

For those going to the party tomorrow, please please be careful.

Ed has set booby traps in the woods, and according to Danny Riley's info spill, Ed has at least 20 pounds of explosives, at least "two black powder explosive devises equipped with fuses" and an additional 10 to 20 explosive devices in the house and on the property.  And who knows what Ed has put in place since early June.

Now hit me with that negative karma, guys, since I've been so horrible as to rain on your kazoo parade.

CNHT

It is just so sad it's come to this.

They have never bothered anyone their whole lives.
They have provided well for themselves.
They are not a burden to society.

Then we have a bill that let's people off the hook for tax amnesty for certain years, yet they have to go after two people nearing their 70s?
I personall think that once you retire you should not have to pay one dime.

Hell I've been taxed on the same money 3 times over...

Dave Ridley

with regard to the allegations that riley spilled info...

can we be certain that he really spilled the info they say he spilled?   also why would they arrest *him* if he was a person willing to cooperate with them?

innocent until proven guilty is still a motto worth following, even if Washington doesn't.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: CNHT on September 14, 2007, 05:15 PM NHFT

All legal...

Providing firearms to someone the government says is a bad guy is illegal. (Or did he do this before Ed was convicted?)

LordBaltimore

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 14, 2007, 05:59 PM NHFT
with regard to the allegations that riley spilled info...

can we be certain that he really spilled the info they say he spilled?   also why would they arrest *him* if he was a person willing to cooperate with them?

innocent until proven guilty is still a motto worth following, even if Washington doesn't.

When Riley made his naked guy video tape, he admitted that he'd answered a lot of their questions.  He even agreed to go back to the Browns and lie to Ed about where he had been.

They probably prosecuted him because as soon as he was released, he quit cooperating.