• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 22

Started by (V), September 15, 2007, 01:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBaltimore

Quote from: JosephSHaas on October 04, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
Maybe this is a strategy that if and when he's captured, he can spend luxury time in a mental hospital, rather than within the concrete walls with barbed wire fence. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Or maybe the insanity isn't a ruse...

Russell Kanning

Quote from: kola on October 04, 2007, 09:37 AM NHFT
Even with 24 hour surveillance by the nazi goonsquads, it is my understanding that the Browns have relocated.
Last time I was at their house ... we stayed outside and I didn't see or hear from Ed or Elaine. The last time I tried to go to their house the feds stood in our way and took our car temporarily.
Elaine has been able to send us nice emails that we have used in the Keene Free Press. Maybe they are in a nice snug location with good internet access. Maybe they have relocated and the feds will be waiting out an empty house.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: VEPR on October 04, 2007, 12:37 PM NHFT

QuoteRichardr do you consider yourself to be a person who fights for maintaining the freedoms of all Americans?

Yep. I've been a registered Libertarian since before Ron Paul ran for President the last time (1988).

Ed Brown isn't a hero, he's an asshole with a temper and an ego the size of Montana.
I guess I have to put another of your personalities on ignore.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: VEPR on October 04, 2007, 02:39 PM NHFT
If thats true Richardr and he did say that hes more insane that I thought.
Maybe I should create another personality on this forum and agree with and applaud myself. ;)
If you stick to one name, we are less likely to try to kick you off our forum.

LordBaltimore

Sorry, I only post as RichardR.  Romak is one of your local NH residents, and I don't know who VEPR is.

Good to see that childish tantrums are still alive and well on this forum though.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: kola on October 04, 2007, 06:58 PM NHFT
VEPR=Romak=Richard.

Kola

that is even funnier .... I had romak and richardr on ignore because they seemed to be saying the same annoying stuff ... now it makes sense. :)

coffeeseven

Coconut

Just heard on TV the browns are in custody. Am I behind or is this new?

KBCraig

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071005/ap_on_re_us/tax_evaders_arrested_1

U.S. Marshal: NH tax evaders arrested
12 minutes ago

Convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown have been arrested at their Plainfield home without incident, the U.S. Marshal's office in New Hampshire said Thursday.

The couple had been convicted on federal tax charges in January. They refused to turn themselves in to authorities when they were sentenced in April and had been holed up in their rural, fortress-like home since. It was not immediately clear how they were taken into custody.

"The Browns may now begin serving their 63-month federal prison terms," U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said. "High profile situations like this are always difficult, but they don't have to be tragic. I'm glad no one was injured, and that the community remained safe throughout the operation."

The Browns have claimed the federal income tax is not legitimate.

Earlier this year, officials cut power and telephone service in an effort to ratchet up pressure on the couple convicted of scheming to avoid federal income taxes by hiding $1.9 million of income between 1996 and 2003.

After abandoning his federal trial and retreating to his home, Ed Brown repeatedly said that any attempts to arrest him would result in a violent confrontation.

Jim Johnson

From The AP

Oct 4, 11:06 PM EDT

U.S. Marshal: NH tax evaders arrested

U.S. Video

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- Convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown have been arrested at their Plainfield home without incident, the U.S. Marshal's office in New Hampshire said Thursday.

The couple had been convicted on federal tax charges in January. They refused to turn themselves in to authorities when they were sentenced in April and had been holed up in their rural, fortress-like home since. It was not immediately clear how they were taken into custody.

"The Browns may now begin serving their 63-month federal prison terms," U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said. "High profile situations like this are always difficult, but they don't have to be tragic. I'm glad no one was injured, and that the community remained safe throughout the operation."

The Browns have claimed the federal income tax is not legitimate.

Earlier this year, officials cut power and telephone service in an effort to ratchet up pressure on the couple convicted of scheming to avoid federal income taxes by hiding $1.9 million of income between 1996 and 2003.

After abandoning his federal trial and retreating to his home, Ed Brown repeatedly said that any attempts to arrest him would result in a violent confrontation.

Beth221

any info about how they were arrested?  I mean, did Ed shoot anyone?