• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 23

Started by Fragilityh14, September 20, 2007, 07:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ThePug on October 05, 2007, 12:07 AM NHFT
:-\ How did this happen without warning? I was hoping that the very real and proven threat of supporters showing up on short notice would be enough to keep them at bay. I'm not faulting anyone, of course, but I'd like to know how they caught the Browns alone.
They kept kicking out their supporters and some of them where in jail. The rest of us our at a distance and don't keep in touch with them every hour. Same as if the feds were going to raid your house.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: ThePug on October 05, 2007, 12:07 AM NHFT
:-\ How did this happen without warning? I was hoping that the very real and proven threat of supporters showing up on short notice would be enough to keep them at bay. I'm not faulting anyone, of course, but I'd like to know how they caught the Browns alone.

On yesterday's radio show, Elaine said that none of the local NH people were visiting them since the four arrests and the dud concert, that they'd been scared away by the Feds.  She said their only visitors were from out of state.

LordBaltimore

Thank you, Dada, for posting that audioblog on the Quest blog, asking for peaceful protest instead of revenge violence.

Old Buck, in comparison, put out a request last night for followers to start killing the names on Ed's list.

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Relating to the peaceful capture of Elaine and Ed Brown, the marshals would like us to believe it was...
A smooth sway:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YsgL35RCGcc

but...

An educated guess, it was more like karaoke at the bowling alley on pay day:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dut9jtjKg8g

I hope Elaine and Ed Brown were not brutalized. 

frosty

Quote from: GraniteForge on October 05, 2007, 08:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: Beth221 on October 04, 2007, 11:09 PM NHFT
then start calling the local dog pound. 

Are you sure that there is a local pound?

Most communities around here don't have pounds, or even Animal Control officers.

If the dog was found by the authorities, it was most likely taken to one of the local Humane Societies (Upper Valley Humane Society in Enfield at Exit 15 off I-89 is the most likely place).

kola

Check the site for fed lurkers.

It should be high.

Kola

Beth221

well, here in RI there are dog pounds, aka puppy jail, where inmates are treated more humainly than the human jail. 

I guess we will hear more details on oct 10th..

http://showedthelaw.blogspot.com/2007/10/ed-and-elaine-kidnapped-by-feds.html

Ed and Elaine Kidnapped by The Fed's.

According to the mainstream media Ed and Elaine Have Been "arrested" without incident.

The Union Leader however reports that: U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said that the two did not surrender. At this point and time the Feds are not releasing any details on the reported "arrests".

According to Fox News: Details on the reported "arrest" will be provided in a news conference at the federal courthouse in Concord NH on October 10th 2007.

It is currently not clear how the couple who did not surrender were kidnapped without incident.

Call these numbers and DEMMAND release of the Browns!

U.S. Marshall''s office 603-225-1632
Sheriff Michael Prozzo 603-863-4200
John Lynch NH State Governor 603-271-2121

*snatched from myspace.... 

Dave Ridley

Sent this to the comments section at UnionLeader.com

----

Whatever their failings, the Browns have never tortured anyone; they don't occupy foreign lands against the will of the inhabitants, they haven't inflicted a welfare state on anyone and they don't force you to pay their salaries.

The same can't be said for the institution which seized them yesterday and which will lock them into concrete and steel boxes for the rest of their lives...simply because they kept the fruits of their labor.  Whether it's popular or not, I'll be out in front of 1000 Elm today from 3 - 4pm in protest of this arrest. 

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

Quote from: kola on October 05, 2007, 09:03 AM NHFT
Check the site for fed lurkers.

It should be high.

Kola

lol!

Shhhh. They might hear you say that!

Lex

Lex

It's sad that Ed is in jail but I'm glad that nobody got hurt yesterday.

Dave Ridley

is there independent cooroboration that no one was hurt?

frosty

Quote from: GraniteForge on October 05, 2007, 08:57 AM NHFT
Do you know if Plainfield has a Hog Reeve?

Unknown.  I couldn't find anything in their selectboard minutes about it.

(And is this a job for the Hog Reeve?  A dog isn't livestock).

As an aside, a few years ago there was a ruckus at the Grantham, NH town meeting since the couple selected to be Hog Reeves were the only people in town that had had a loose animal in the last year.  Some people weren't happy with the appointment.

mdh

http://www.wmur.com/news/14274183/detail.html

PLAINFIELD, N.H. -- U.S. marshals posing as supporters carried out the arrests of tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown, officials said Friday.

The undercover officers were invited in by the Browns on Thursday evening, and before the couple realized they weren't supporters, they were already under arrest.

Well, that's answered.