• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 25

Started by JosephSHaas, November 09, 2007, 11:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephSHaas

Quote from: coffeeseven on November 09, 2007, 05:49 AM NHFT
Also I need a clarification on the addresses of the inmates. Joe Haas has posted one set of addresses that differs from the addresses posted on the front page of the Keene Free Press. http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=6&limitstart=12

1.) You mean the 326 v.s. 314 address on D.W./ stands for Daniel Webster Highway (Route #3) in Boscawen?  Either number will get it there.  I just happened to look in the phone book for the 326 #, but see from Valeri for Bob, that their website lists 314.  There's the old, and new jail just down the road to the south of the old, but that both #s get the mail there, and even without a # as I've written on the envelopes too.

2.) For the Dover address it's either 03821 or 03820, with the website reading that all the county government mail goes to the 03821-0799 for the long zip code, not really needed, the 21 or 20, depends on whether they use a Post Office Box, or get it physically delivered to the facility mail depot on site is my guess. A Concord Postal Clerk said that the 21-0799 was wrong, and it was supposed to be 20-0799, but that I told him that's the way I was instructed to write 21-0799 from their website.

3.) And yes, Elaine's address is on Route #37, and the officer who I talked with on the telephone said that the precise address on Route 37 is at the exact spot of: 33 1/2 Pembroke Station.

JSH

keith in RI

Keith I like your idea of everyone sending $1 per month but think it should expand to all 6. Ed, Elaine, Bob, Jason and Cirino's commissary account and Danny's legal defense fund.

i dont want anyone to think i was intentionally trying to exclude any of them. i like the all 6 idea i just received a letter from danny saying he didnt want money in his account and i read that bob may be getting out. but i never thought of his defense fund and obviously if bob stays in .... my original goal was to make them comfortable while they are there! i feel like its the only thing i can help with.....but if its all 6 of them im upping my pledge to 2 dollars per week rotated weekly ....... actually im giving more but....lol

coffeeseven

I hope that Bob does get out soon. Now would be good. Yesterday would have been better. If he does not the money may be better spent by sending to Valeri to cover her bills. My heart goes out to her. She must be having a rough time of it.

We've got to cover each others backs.

JosephSHaas

Here's a re-type of my 3:32 p.m. e-mail

"To: The State of New Hampshire
Department of Corrections
Office of Public Information
Jeffrey J. Lyons,*
Public Information Officer
105 Pleasant Street
P.O. Box 1806
Concord, N.H. 03302-1806
603: 271-5600 press 4 (5602)*

Dear Jeffrey:

--Thank you for your prompt actions for information in the past, and hopefully again this time too.

--Now this is to follow-up my telephone call to you of a few minutes ago.

--Please see for background information the http://www.bop.gov/about/index.jsp website since: '...Federal offenders...are confined through agreements with state and local governments....'

--I called the Strafford County Commissioners http://www.co.strafford.nh.us/commissioners.htm at 742-1458 to see if they have the contract I can make a copy of, with the woman there saying to call the jail at 742-3310 to where I talked with C.O. Moore who said to call the Feds at 202: 616-7750 for the Federal F.O.I.A. at http://bop.gov/foia/index.jsp and the woman there said to put it in writing to:

The Federal Bureau of Prisons
320 1st Street, N.W.
Washington, D. C. 20534

and wait up to twenty (20) business days.

--So to speed things up I called the N.H. Dept. of Justice at 271-3658 for the A.G.'s Memo of the Right to Know RSA Ch. 91-A of Feb. 8, 2007 at http://doj.nh.gov/publications/right_to_know.html but that we do not live in a 'democracy' as she writes, but what is supposed to be an Art. IV, Sec. 4, U.S. Constitutional 'Republican form of government', and so the woman there said to call you, and that I did, and so:

--PLEASE, would you send me a copy of the State-Federal Relations Agreement as to the housing of Federal offenders within our state.

--I will not be able to make it to your office, by the 4:00 p.m. closing time, this afternoon, so to mail you a signed print-out of this for delivery on Tuesday morning, to please acknowledge at that time, and get back to me of an answer, hopefully with a photocopy of this agreement, by the following, Tuesday, November 20th: two days before, and a:

Happy Thanksgiving to you. / Yours truly, - - - - - - - - - - Joe / Joseph S. Haas, P.O. Box 3842, Concord, N.H. 03302, Tel. 603: 848-6059 (cell phone).

P.S. If you can get this agreement copy out to me in today's mail, you deserve a platinum star!  Otherwise a gold or silver star, but never below a bronze star. (;-) Best wishes, - Joe

note: for me to also check to see if maybe Merrimack County might have a separate contract with the Feds, but to await your reply first.

footnote #2: maybe a copy of this agreement is on your website? at page #___."

JSH

Modification: for HOW I got started on this subject today, see my Reply #79 on page 6 over at the "Joe Haas Arrested" http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=9345.75 the last paragraph with the fill-in-the-blanks ___ for WHO signed WHAT and WHERE, plus WHEN, also: for when Ed starts his I.R.S. class? where they will show him the law of where it makes him "liable" or not?  as in BELIEVE IT OR NOT! the law does NOT exist; and they expect to continue the "correction"!?

JosephSHaas

Quote from: coffeeseven on November 09, 2007, 02:52 PM NHFT
I hope that Bob does get out soon. Now would be good. Yesterday would have been better. If he does not the money may be better spent by sending to Valeri to cover her bills. My heart goes out to her. She must be having a rough time of it.

We've got to cover each others backs.

Even if Bob doesn't get out right away for good, he still ought to get the proper medical attention for his filling that fell out of his tooth, since he is still innocent until proven guilty, and deserves a visit to see the dentist, or vice versa of a dentist to the facility, like they do with the contract barber for the haircuts.  THEN if he is ever the "property" of the government during their sentencing time, they can say to the inmate: either suffer or have the tooth pulled out, but before those privileges are the pre-trial inmate rights, and so Valeri, who did write me an e-mail the other day, saying that they are looking into that, and of my $offer to help, to see just how efficient and kind these Feds really are, and if not, then to do something about it through our Reps in Congress +/or the state Reps, like to what? amend the State-Fed Agreement? To get a copy of this and see to it that Chapter #__, section __ at page ___ be fulfilled, as in to fill his tooth #__ with the filling!

- - Joe

keith in RI

i received another letter from elaine today. written on 11/6 and mailed on 11/07 received today 11/09.   

she writes:

dear keith,
   as always it is good to hear from you. dont send stamps. they will send them back to you-nothing is allowed to b sent in. i did not receive the ones you say you sent last time. thank you for the $$ you are sending. i will try tommorow to verify receipt. just to make sure. (and the $25 from joe) i am glad you are planning on sending him (ed) some pictures, as he has been asking for them. i received a copy of the letter from ed to joe haas today, and it is terrible the way he is being treated-3 weeks of total isolation + deprivation! i am sending it to people to post on the internet & to fred smart to read on the radio. your support and friendship mean so much to us. god bless you for having the courage to stand.
                                                                      please keep in touch.
                                                                            elaine

the stamps i sent never made it through to elaine. when i called the prison last week they said they would be sent (mailed)  back to me as long as i included a return envelope. i havent received them yet. so tomorrow i will call to find out. i did send ed photos on multiple occasions (see my last post previous page) but still have not heard from him or received them back. some photos show ed with his liberty tool in his waistband, i wonder if they are prohibited? ive also sent elaine webpage printouts of things like the list of items seized from their property. i wonder if she will get that? i also include a contents list on my letters of anything i sent in the envelope so she will know if they stopped something from reaching her. it is how she knew they stopped the stamps from coming in.

a reminder of who we fight for, not that we need it!

Raineyrocks

Geesh Keith, why in the world won't they let Elaine have stamps for crying out loud?  How does she get letters to you then? 

Thank you for posting the pictures, it made me sad but it's important that no one forgets and just let this be something that is forgotten over time as so many other things in this country have been.

That's another reason I love this forum because none of us just forget somebody. :)

That's a smart idea to list the contents in your letters.  Did you know Ed and Elaine personally?  I want to write but I don't have the foggiest idea of what to say because I don't know them at all. :-\

I bet Ed never got the pictures. >:( 

Does Elaine mean that Ed has been in isolation for 3 weeks?  If so, why?

Thanks for posting this! :)

JosephSHaas

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 09, 2007, 03:57 PM NHFT

I think it might be because he refused to be booked? (fingerprints and mug shot).

And reference, the booking, did Lauran go through the booking, or is she back in jail awaiting an appeal of such refusal?  to a higher court, or on motion to reconsider, in which case I congratulate her for setting a precedence here!

-- Joe

keith in RI

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 09, 2007, 03:57 PM NHFT
Geesh Keith, why in the world won't they let Elaine have stamps for crying out loud?  How does she get letters to you then? 

Thank you for posting the pictures, it made me sad but it's important that no one forgets and just let this be something that is forgotten over time as so many other things in this country have been.

That's another reason I love this forum because none of us just forget somebody. :)

That's a smart idea to list the contents in your letters.  Did you know Ed and Elaine personally?  I want to write but I don't have the foggiest idea of what to say because I don't know them at all. :-\

I bet Ed never got the pictures. >:( 

inmates (i hate calling them that) cant have stamps because they are traded like cash inside. that is what the guards told me when i called last week. they aid the only thing you can mail in is letters (personal) pictures (no polaroids) books (softcover up to five at a time clearly marked as books) hardcover must be sent from the manufacturer from a private address. and they can receive subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. that is it.  all guests of the prison must buy stamps from the commissary. as well as everything else.

the pics make me kinda sad too but i like the one of her sitting with her arms crossed because shes smiling. actually i like the one of her cooking too but only because i love cheeseburgers and those tasted good i remember....mmmm   cheeeeesburgerrrrs. lol  i met them personally only once that day of the second concert.( i tried again on the last concert but was stopped at the road block. i am the person who posted video of the road block on youtube. yeah i know i should have stood up at the road block like lauren did but it was my first encounter with a federal agents and i was more worried about getting it on video then fighting but i have kicked myself ever since) i remember asking her why she wasnt smiling. she just looked tired and worn then. both of them did. i may have met them only once but i used to talk to danny through his email for a couple months. i realized as soon as i heard about ed and elaine that their fight is OUR fight and like reno used to say if not me then who? if not now then when? i know one thing others may but i will never forget or abandon ed and elaine or the rest not now when they need us and everybody more then ever. they definitely taught me to not be afraid and make a stand!

as far as writing to them. what are you afraid of? just say hello. my name is ____and thank you. do you know how happy they would be to start receiving hundreds if not thousands of letters everyday from people they have never met telling them how they have affected their lives? and offering words of support. it is a very very lonely place in there. the only thing they will have sometimes is our letters and photos. afraid of sending a letter or dont know what to say? send a photo of you holding up a free ed and elaine sign? send a book a magazine a photo anything.....like nike says JUST DO IT put yourself in their position would you want letters? what would you want people to tell you?

here is a link to my roadblock video like i said dont harrass me i do it to myself enough...  :(

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2261697231309840194

penguins4me

Quote from: keith in RI on November 09, 2007, 05:00 PM NHFT
inmates (i hate calling them that) cant have stamps because they are traded like cash inside.

How does forcing the prisoners to buy stamps from the official store stop such stamp trading? I've always wondered about that question.

KBCraig

Quote from: penguins4me on November 10, 2007, 01:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: keith in RI on November 09, 2007, 05:00 PM NHFT
inmates (i hate calling them that) cant have stamps because they are traded like cash inside.

How does forcing the prisoners to buy stamps from the official store stop such stamp trading? I've always wondered about that question.

None at all. The restriction on stamps goes back a few years, to when wettable stamps could contain doses of drugs. Peel-and-sticks are pretty immune from that, but... it's government. I've yet to hear an explanation of why skirts are allowed up to 3" above the knee, but no one over 12 can wear shorts, even if those "shorts" are below the knee.

Welcome to my world.  ::)

coffeeseven

Did I read right that Ed is not receiving his mail?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: JosephSHaas on November 09, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

And reference, the booking, did Lauran go through the booking, or is she back in jail awaiting an appeal of such refusal?  to a higher court, or on motion to reconsider, in which case I congratulate her for setting a precedence here!

-- Joe

Lauren went through booking and is out.

JosephSHaas

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 10, 2007, 04:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: JosephSHaas on November 09, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

-- Joe

Lauren went through booking and is out.

So to appeal Judge Crocker's belief/ opinion and Order that she/Lauren cannot refuse to be booked, to the Superior Court? since her attorney, Anthony Sculimbrene objected to the booking and said: "My client has the right to refuse to be booked." Then if and when she wins she can get them either returned or expunged.  That's what they said in my case that the fingerprints and mug shot were to be destroyed, but that I never got verification of that statement as having been accomplished.  In other words no Article 8 accounting.  Does Lauren need $xxx.xx in appeal filing fee + Sheriff's cost of delivery at: $xx.xx plus how much $x,xxx.xx to the attorney to fight this? She has thirty (30) days to appeal this, and from the outside on freedom is better. A copy of this ought to go over to "Mr. Privacy"/ State Rep. Neal Kirk of Weare, who might be real interested in helping to fund this, since he is the champion of such rights in the State House.  And what about the N.H. Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union? When I had my free speech rights case in Federal court, they supplied the attorney for free upon my written request. At least this will get the costs down to maybe $250.00 for both the filing fee and service of process by the Deputy Sheriff. Lauren, if you're reading this, please reply.  Good luck -- Joe

Dave Ridley

thanks for keeping focused on constructive action keith.  writing them is also useful...I"m sure it helps relieve their boredom.   Danny told me the little postcard he got was worth its weight in gold.   But I think it may be better to focus on sending something that takes longer to read and less time to create...  what i've tried doing is copying and pasting a bunch of my articles and also my unfinished book into one document.  Maybe 50 pages.  Then i had a copy center make 8 copies.  once I pick up the copies, I can send them to any and all political prisoners in new hampshire.    any of you who have written a lot can do this.

if you send you're own writing they're more likely to let it thru apparently than someone else's.

Quote from: keith in RI on November 07, 2007, 10:45 PM NHFT
what do you think?

where are the browns supporters now?

they had thousands of people on their myspace page before it was taken down. everyone of you, most of you on my friends list as well, were posting comments saying things like you would give your life for them and say anything and you will give them what they need. well here it is. the thing you can DO to help ed and elaine and the other freedom fighters. you can pledge and actually donate 1 dollar per week to any of their prison accounts! then rotate it to the next person the next week. this doesnt sound like much and it isnt much but if we all act in mass then it will be very successful. we know that we have the power to fund raise after watching the ron paul november 5th money bomb, now lets stay true to our words to ed and elaine and come through for them when they need us the most. you may not be able to help with their legal battle but you can help to make their stay at the prisons as comfortable as possible! i am aiming to get one humdred people to pledge to do this with me. that is 1 dollar per week 52 dollars per year. if we can get one hundred of us to do this, which should be easy since they had thousands BEGGING to help them when they were making their stand, than that is a minimum of 100 dollars per week going into their accounts. the way i see it is danny doesnt want money to be sent to his prison account because it will be seized by the prison to pay for his share of his room and board while he is there. bob wolffe may or may not be taking a plea deal and if so he will be getting out soon, that leaves reno, ed, elaine, and jason. thats 1 dollar per week to each person equaling four dollars per month  . this money will be used to pay for all the stuff they need in prison like stamps,soap, envelopes,  medical care (elaine says they have to pay 2 dollars to see a doctor) and other daily needs. this would give each one of them 100 dollars per month in their account to use thats 25 dollars per week. more the more people we get to do this. yes it is almost silly to send a 1 dollar money order at the cost of a dollar (the only way to donate to them besides western union) plus a .41 cent stamp to get them a dollar but if they have to process one hundred money orders a week every week or in the best case scenario thousands of one dollar money orders for each of them.......hey there is power in numbers lets show them we are still behind them and will always be!

if your interested and willing to do this please email me at cyberpushr@yahoo.com so we can keep track of it and see how it goes.
and remember its one dollar per week.......thats way less than a cup of coffee every day  ; )