• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 1

Started by Kat Kanning, May 17, 2005, 06:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I want to contact a bunch of people to invite them to help/participate:

Ron Paul
Michael Badnarik
John Gilmore (http://papersplease.org/gilmore/)
EFF
ACLU?
IJ?

Who else would be interested?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on May 17, 2005, 06:33 AM NHFT
Manchester Airport, Saturday June 11th, noon.? Russell will try and board a plane to Philadelphia to see Independence Hall while carrying only a copy of the Declaration of Independence.....no ID.

WOW, that's a GREAT idea!   :o

When you said boarding a plane without ID, I didn't think of these details.  The Independence Hall and Declaration of Independence details should gain a LOT of support!  This should EASILY make national news.

Michael Fisher

What is the punishment for doing this?  Does anyone have the exact law, or is it one of those "administrative rules" that no one is allowed to see?

Michael Fisher

I can tell you right now that this is absolutely supported by Digital Freeman (http://df.ctgreatbay.com/).? We will fully cover the event.

It's a pro-privacy and anti-ID civil disobedience event.  What else could be better?

Russell Kanning

We had been talking about visiting relatives this summer....and we realized that without ID I wouldn't be able to fly....so I will try to go on a short trip to Philly (to visit Independance Hall) and see if they will let me go.

Hopefully they will let me pass and we can all start enjoying the freedom to travel in the US. :D

Kat Kanning

Apparently the rules are not available to the public.  Secret law and all that.  That's what the guy at papersplease.org was sueing the gov't about.

Russell Kanning

So would anyone like to join me?

What kind of tshirt should I/we wear to this event?

Russell Kanning

Who should I give my name as?....Shorty Dawkins....Sam Adams....Patrick Henry

Does Southwest Air still use the slogan? ...."you are now free to move about the country"....now as soon as the government stops hassling us...it will be true. 8)

GT

TSA Penalties:

C. Other Security Violations by Individuals or Persons
1. Interference With Screening (49 C.F.R. ? 1540.109) ?
a. physical contact ?$1,500-$5,000
b. non-physical $500-$1,500
c. false threats ?$1,000-$2,000

2. Entering Sterile Area Without Submitting To Screening $1,000-$3,000 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.107   

3. Tampering or interfering with, compromising, modifying, attempting to circumvent, or causing a person to tamper or
interfere with, compromise, modify or attempt to circumvent any security system, measure, or procedure. 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.105(a).$2,500-$6,000

4. Entering or being present within a secured area, AOA, SIDA, or sterile area without complying with the systems measures or
procedures being applied to control access to, or presence or movement in, such areas. 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.105(a) (2). $1,000-$3,000

5. Improper use of airport access medium. 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.105(a)(3) $1,000-$3,000         

6. Fraud and Intentional Falsification 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.103 $2,500-$6,000 +crim. referral

7. Failure to allow inspection of airman certificate, Authorization, FAA license. 49 C.F.R. ? 1540.113 $1,000-$3,000

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I am sure those fines will stop any terrorist organization from trying anything.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on May 17, 2005, 08:17 AM NHFT

Gandhi's principles are a very good guide for how this event can be approached.  I would be absolutely honest but refuse to cooperate with their rules.  Be polite and physically cooperate with the people, but refuse to be controlled by the system.  Be very well-versed on anything related to this issue anyone may ask you about.  Be morally superior to the government in every possible way.

Through these methods, the people will realize who the real scoundrel is - the government.

We will definitely gain a lot of support from recent events.  REAL ID passed as an amendment to the Iraq spending bill by 100 to 0.  Who do you know that is happy about it?  Nobody.  Absolutely nobody who I've spoken to supports it.  We will have enormous support for this event.

Someone on the Board of the Newmarket Business Association told me today that somehow that proposed new law requiring passports to travel to Canada is already in effect.  Is this true?  How was this implemented so quickly?  If so, perhaps a follow-up civil disobedience event could be a public passport burning which will result in mass arrests.  Depending on how your event goes, it could be a very successful follow-up event.

Michael Fisher

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on May 17, 2005, 08:17 AM NHFT

Does Southwest Air still use the slogan? ...."you are now free to move about the country"....now as soon as the government stops hassling us...it will be true. 8)

That's a good one to try if you have access to Southwest.

Your name for travel should be Russell Kanning. You don't want the added complexity of a pseudonym. Buy a ticket in your name, and present it when you arrive.

It won't be a violation of the law to refuse to show an ID. They simply won't let you pass without it. It doesn't matter if there even is law; the airlines believe there is. I know you've read John Gilmore's story. He's not getting anywhere with it. Your protest could bring more attention to the problem, but don't expect sympathy from the majority of the sheeple who claim they'd gladly trade rights for security.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I can just see Russell with his big smile going against the jackbooted thugs.