• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 2

Started by Dave Ridley, May 26, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on May 29, 2005, 08:37 AM NHFT
I can think of many other security measures that can ensure our safety:

Crowd/passenger control:
Ratio of one flight attendant to one passenger (if there are a couple of sky marshalls you can slip in a few more passengers)
No more slender female flight attendants......we need large male martial arts trained samarai warrior types
at least 4 passenger 57s on each flight
no more than 20 passengers per plane
passengers belted and locked into seat during the flight.....attendants can unlock 1 passenger at a time to move about the cabin

absolutely no communication devices
no music that could lead to possible plane rage ...instead soothing muzak or possibly just drug sedation appropriate for the length of the flight
no liberty-oriented in-flight films
no laptop computers or other hand held devices that could be bombs/ignition devices

Airport screening:
Complete strip search (clothes are then bagged and checked for the flight....travelers are then outfitted with orange jumpsuits for the flight)
x-ray for all passengers and MRI scans for "selectees"
absolutely no carry on items.....government pamphlets will be provided for your in-flight reading pleasure

I must be missing dozens of good ideas....

ROFL!!!!!!!

Don't forget the pre-flight strip search, warrantless cavity search, full-body pat-down, a full set of nude photographs (just incase of identifying tattoos!), a full set of fingerprints, iris scan, hand scan, DNA sample, drug test, thorough questioning, coordination test, shower, shave, and of course the oversized orange prisoner clothes with "TSAHOC" (TSA House of Corrections) on the right leg. ?Tear open their luggage and log each item into the computer. ?Don't forget to steal their money and driver's license at some point.

Then separate us by sex and throw us into prison cells in the back of the plane with a fan that never turns off, a light that never turns off, an open toilet seat with no privacy, and one tiny window, and remember to feed us once in a while.

If anyone gets out of hand, just open the cell door and spray mace inside. ?(a true story of one prisoner I was talking with)

At least in prison you get a phone call once in a while!

Friday

Quote from: president on May 25, 2005, 09:14 AM NHFT

I don't know if laws have changed, but I think you used to only have to give name and address to the police if you got arrested.

I'm pretty sure the cops ask for a lot more info, like employer, SSN, prior arrest record....Maybe Mike Fisher can fill us in on what they ask  ???

This is all I can find in the RSAs:

594:2 Questioning and Detaining Suspects.  A peace officer may stop any person abroad whom he has reason to suspect is committing, has committed or is about to commit a crime, and may demand of him his name, address, business abroad and where he is going.

I could have sworn that it's been federal law for a while now that, technically, you are required to have ID on you at all times.  The cops have the right to request your ID any time they feel like it. And if you don't have any on you, you're in trouble. Does anybody know if this is right?

Michael Fisher

Michael Fisher

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 29, 2005, 09:51 AM NHFT
Don't forget the pre-flight strip search, warrantless cavity search, full-body pat-down, a full set of nude photographs (just incase of identifying tattoos!), a full set of fingerprints, iris scan, hand scan, DNA sample, drug test, thorough questioning, coordination test, shower, shave, and of course the oversized orange prisoner clothes with "TSAHOC" (TSA House of Corrections) on the right leg. ?Tear open their luggage and log each item into the computer. ?Don't forget to steal their money and driver's license at some point.

Oops!  Forgot about the lie detector test, mandatory patriotic tattoo, and mandatory RFID chip implant.

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 29, 2005, 09:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 29, 2005, 09:51 AM NHFT

Oops!? Forgot about the lie detector test, mandatory patriotic tattoo, and mandatory RFID chip implant.

Don't forget the sample for the steroids test. Artificially induced strength is a no-no.

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on May 29, 2005, 09:52 AM NHFT
I could have sworn that it's been federal law for a while now that, technically, you are required to have ID on you at all times.  The cops have the right to request your ID any time they feel like it. And if you don't have any on you, you're in trouble. Does anybody know if this is right?

Nope, that's not right. There's no federal law requiring anyone to have ID at all times.

You may be thinking of the operative Supreme Court rulings. For years, no one was required to indentify themselves to the police unless they were arrested, but, if they gave a name or ID, it had to be accurate (if you identified yourself, you couldn't lie about it).

And then there's an even newer SCOTUS ruling against Larry Hiibel, where they ruled that any time police are questioning someone and demand ID, it must be provided. http://www.papersplease.org/hiibel/

Kevin

Kat Kanning

http://www.local6.com/news/4479554/detail.html

Iris Scanning To Begin At Orlando International Airport

POSTED: 11:14 pm EDT May 11, 2005
UPDATED: 2:13 pm EDT May 12, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Florida's busiest airport will begin using high-tech iris-scanning technology to filter out possible terrorists and add an additional layer of security, according to Local 6 News.

Workers and other people at Orlando International Airport will have both irises scanned at special computers to determine their identity.

SLIDESHOW: Images From Story
VIDEO: See The Story

"This will be an additional layer of information that is enrolled, which will be biometric information," OIA director of security Brigitte Rivera Goersch said. "Employees irises will be enrolled for the additional layer of security."

The Airport Access Control Pilot Program or AACPP is a first of its kind, according to the report.

A person would be required to stand in front of a special mirror and have both eyes scanned.

"It has to verify both irises, not just one iris," Goersch. "Statistically it is very reliable. Iris scanners -- the technology of iris scanning -- is considered one of the most reliable biometric technologies."

"You know just like we did with the airplanes with the cockpit doors and air marshals and all of that kind of stuff," federal security director Art Meinke said. It is just another step to try to figure out what can we do better."

Local 6 News reported that the 90-day test could be expanded and eventually moved to airports throughout the nation.

Kat Kanning

BTW, sent out press releases to major newspapers in the other 49 states.  Didn't do NH.

ravelkinbow

I was recently watching an Alex Jones video and you could hear a recorded voice stating the rules of the airport, one that caught my attention was " those making disparaging remarks about airport security will be arrested"? so much for freedom of speech....

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on May 30, 2005, 08:46 AM NHFT
BTW, sent out press releases to major newspapers in the other 49 states.? Didn't do NH.

And you did this HOW?   :o :o

Kat Kanning

'twas not difficult.  I helped put together the press release database for the FSP, so got adept at locating newspaper contacts.  What I used was this:

http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/media/

Kat Kanning

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050529/1038928.asp

New Social Security card proposed

High-tech plan targets ID theft, illegal workers

By FRANK JAMES
Chicago Tribune
5/29/2005
   WASHINGTON - Congress is moving to replace the paper Social Security cards issued to 280 million Americans with plastic, harder-to-counterfeit versions to try to curtail identity theft and the use of Social Security cards and numbers by some undocumented immigrants to obtain jobs.

Critics fear the cards could become de facto national IDs and eventually play the role that identity papers have played over history in repressive societies. Some worry that the proposal could mean trouble for immigrant workers and even criminal fines for employers.

If the Illegal Immigration Enforcement and Social Security Protection Act of 2005 became law, every person seeking a job in the United States - citizen and undocumented immigrant alike - would have to present the card to his or her prospective employer.

Proponents hope that the card would also end the difficulties endured by victims of identity theft like one San Diego resident. The woman, a U.S. citizen who asked that her name not be revealed, said Thursday that her name and Social Security number were misappropriated by an undocumented immigrant who got jobs and credit using her Social Security number.

The immigrant stole from one employer, defaulted on credit and had an arrest warrant for an assault, causing more than a decade of problems for the victim.

The front of the new card would have the holder's photo and Social Security number.

A machine-readable magnetic stripe on the card's back, like those found on credit cards, would contain a digitized photo and the person's employment eligibility. The card could be swiped through a reader by an employer with its information compared with an employment eligibility database to be maintained by the Homeland Security Department.

Stiff penalties proposed

Under the bill, for the first time employers who hire undocumented immigrants could face federal criminal charges punishable by up to five years in prison for employing even one illegal immigrant and a fine of up to $50,000 for every illegal immigrant hired.

The bill would also require the hiring of 10,000 additional federal immigration enforcement agents to crack down on the hiring of illegal immigrants.

"If anyone who's here illegally is hoping to get a (new) job . . . they won't be able to get that job if they don't have one of these," said Rep. David Dreier, R-Calif., the bill's chief sponsor, during a recent hearing as he held aloft a prototype of the card.

"And they can't have one of these unless they're here legally. And so what does that say to someone who is here illegally? "I might as well go home because I can't feed my family in the U.S.' "

But he added that his legislation likely wouldn't cause the mass exodus of the estimated 10 million undocumented immigrants in America because of the economy's dependence on them.

So he supports a guest-worker program to allow many of the undocumented workers to come forward. Allowing immigration officials to register many of these individuals would improve homeland security because "it is a security threat to us to have literally millions of people here illegally because among them could be potential terrorists," he said.

Currently, there are 280 million Social Security cards, with 5.4 million issued in 2003, the last year for which statistics are available. About 1.2 million of those were issued to immigrants legally authorized to work in the U.S.

Knowing that Americans might be alarmed to realize that many of them would have to get new cards under his plan, Dreier has sought to reassure them. "This will only be used by people looking for a new job," he said.

Still he hasn't put to rest all the concerns his bill has raised. Business groups are concerned about criminalizing employers who hire undocumented workers.

"The answer to these issues does not lie in a draconian system of penalties on employers but in a well-reasoned and concerted effort to address border security," said Randel Johnson, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's vice president for labor, immigration and employee benefits.

Mark Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a Washington-based advocacy group, said the new card could potentially expand the already widespread use of Social Security numbers as personal identification.

"We don't want people easily counterfeiting Social Security cards or passing around Social Security numbers," he said. "Our concern with the proposal is that this card . . . is the type of card that people might begin to carry in their wallets," giving identity thieves more opportunities to get their hands on lost or stolen cards.

The legislation would make the Homeland Security Department responsible for maintaining a new employment eligibility database.

Fears of "mega' agency

That worries privacy advocates because the agency has already sought to be exempted in certain instances from the Federal Privacy Act, which restricts how federal agencies handle databases containing Americans' personal information.

Another fear, Rotenberg said, concerns Homeland Security becoming "this mega government agency that decides who gets a drivers' license, who gets a job, who gets on an airplane."

Critics say the new plastic card could also quickly become a national ID card, although the legislation explicitly states the card would not be used in that way and the card carries the same message in large print. Merchants and others, critics say, could quickly come to rely on the card as an important form of ID.

"This is the beginning of a much larger surveillance network that the government plans to put together, ostensibly for immigration purposes," warned Timothy Edgar, an American Civil Liberties Union general counsel.

Russell Kanning

Don't we already have a mega agency?......the Federal Government.

Michael Fisher

Regarding this new LewRockwell article from May 28:

Fear of Flying, by Becky Akers
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/akers3.html

I wrote to Becky about Russell's Freedom to Travel event and here's what she said in reply:

"Not only am I interested in the event, I've already read all about it: a couple of folks forwarded it to me. I'll be cheering this brave patriot, and praying for him, too, as he confronts evil head-on."

Nice!!!? :) :)

Kat Kanning

Yeah, I wrote to her and got a nice reply :)  She said she had a couple of new heroes now, thinking she meant you and Russell.