• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 2

Started by Dave Ridley, May 26, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 26, 2005, 09:30 AM NHFT
I wonder what the punishment is for what Russell is going to do.

It would be nice if we could read the law.   ::)

Guess this will be a case of learn by doing...

Russell Kanning

I don't think they will limit themselves to little NH rules......they will go for some secret homeland security stuff

Michael Fisher

Yeah, Russell must find the time to visit Independence Hall if he makes it to Philadelphia in order to remain honest about this.

I would have performed manicures all day long if necessary.  I had the supplies.  And I would have come back until they forced me to stop.  ;)

Michael Fisher

Actually, to be honest, Russell is not going to make it to Philadelphia.

His event is a huge slap in the face to all fascist neocon jingoism nationwide.  With the media present, there WILL be a response.

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

What should we call all of our activities?

Gandhi originally called it "Passive Resistance" in S. Africa, but changed to an Indian phrase and used the term "Nonviolent Noncooperation" to convey the idea of activity instead of passivity.

I have always thought that we were starting the 2nd American Revolution and I hoped this time we could do it without shooting anyone. Now I can see the path much more clearly and we are starting out as radical as Gandhi became. At first Gandhi was appealing to British rights, much like early Americans did. Now we are appealing to ideals much greater than just getting back to the US Constitution. We are striving towards a freedom much greater than the founding fathers gave us and we will get there without using violence.

We are also hoping that this movement will be bigger than just one personality, unlike in India.......which is fortunate, since none of us are nearly as virtuous as Gandhi was.  :)

So what should we call this revolution? There have been great names for events over time......Bloodless Revolution, Glorious Revolution, Civil Rights Movement, Gandhi's Civil Disobedience, various Revolutions..........should we come up with a name or let it grow over time?

John

"So what should we call this revolution?"

HMMMMM?

I am tempted to say that I think the name will come quite naturaly, but then again, maybe it already has . . . NHfree!   ;)

Michael Fisher

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on May 26, 2005, 05:44 PM NHFT
I have always thought that we were starting the 2nd American Revolution and I hoped this time we could do it without shooting anyone. Now I can see the path much more clearly and we are starting out as radical as Gandhi became. At first Gandhi was appealing to British rights, much like early Americans did. Now we are appealing to ideals much greater than just getting back to the US Constitution. We are striving towards a freedom much greater than the founding fathers gave us and we will get there without using violence.

Exactly.

Because our principles of liberty are more pure than even the founding fathers', we will find more success toward liberty than they ever could.  They succeeded in creating a temporarily limited government, but their goal was a permanently limited government, thus their total failure is obvious.  Unlike the founding fathers, the hypocritical slaveholders who only believed people do not need kings to exist, I believe in the Golden Rule and that people do not need any form of government to prosper.  To me, true freedom is absolute self-government.  Unlike the founders, I believe that until we are truly free, we are all slaves.

When your own act of civil disobedience is upon you, you finally begin to see a clear path to freedom.  You realize that your suffering can and will set us free with time.  Civil disobedience is the only vulnerability of a total police state, and it only exists because all human beings, by nature, share the same heart.  The universe is one family.  When one suffers openly and voluntarily for a purpose, every human being feels it.  This is human nature and cannot be changed.

During my 48-hour fast of self-purification that ended this morning, my suffering was the same feeling as being imprisoned.  Because both of these events of suffering were voluntarily borne, they both reminded me of that feeling that I can finally see true path to freedom.  Time slows down and it feels like my soul is being set free at the expense of my body.  These are some of the most wonderful experiences of my life.

The most amazing part of this movement is how I've felt since the event.  I have never felt so alive and happy, and I feel such love for others that it is impossible to put into words.  This may be exactly how Russell will feel after his event.  I do not know for sure, but I hope so.  It is a wonderful feeling.  :)

FTL_Ian

John

danhynes

Dave Ridley

It's already been called the Second American Revolution...I still like that best.  But maybe there is something better.  Certainly it would be nice if it included something about NH.

Michael Fisher

Actually, a revolution is typically the replacement of one government with another.  A "revolution" literally means traveling around in a circular motion.  I do not agree with this concept at all.  I like emancipation better.

The American Emancipation

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 27, 2005, 10:36 PM NHFT
Actually, a revolution is typically the replacement of one government with another.? A "revolution" literally means traveling around in a circular motion.? I do not agree with this concept at all.? I like emancipation better.

The American Emancipation

I like it with one caveat: The New Hampshire Emancipation

I don't think the whole country is interested in being emancipated. Let the rest be slaves, if it is their desire, but make NH FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!