• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 3

Started by ZAF???, June 09, 2005, 11:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Dan, Kat has a picture posted towards the bottom of page 45 of this thread.

Kat Kanning

Here's the invite I'm sending out today:

Today at noon, Russell Kanning will get on a plane to Philadelphia without ID or be arrested.  We'll be at the main security checkpoint (I believe there are only two).  We've found that technically you can get on a plane without ID, but you have to go though an extra search...patdown, stripping, etc.  You can't find out where this law is, though, because the TSA will tell you that it is secret law.  When the Real ID act creating a national ID card goes into effect, people will no longer be able to travel the government ID card, according to proponents of the act.  States who refuse to comply with the Real ID act face having thier citizens being unable to fly.

We should be able to travel with dignity, without being treated as a criminal.  Plans are in place at several airports to test backscatter machines which will be a virtual stripsearch for everyone who flys.  My daughter Kira had her luggage swabbed for explosives.  Pregnant ladies have had to endure having sensitive breasts groped by the TSA.  Little old ladies are forced to go though invasive security measures.  Their search for an elusive security has no end to their invasions of our rights and privacy. 

Please join us at the Manchester Airport today at noon.  Russell is only going to spend a short time talking to the media today (it sounds like there will be a lot of media there today), and so we need folks to talk to the media.  We'd also like witnesses to help keep this event non-violent.  Or you're certainly welcome to just come watch!

Kat

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on June 11, 2005, 06:09 AM NHFT
The Keene Police keep driving by our house? ::)? ::)

LOL  Do not be afraid.

The best thing about a public civil disobedience event like this is that whatever they do to you, they're doing to themselves.  If they arrest you for not doing anything, hurt you, taser you, severely punish you, or make you disappear, the result will be a very bad public perception of the system.

No matter what happens, we will win, as long as they are not smart enough to let Russell go through without an ID or search.  And I doubt they'd ever let that happen.  ;)

Pat K

Were just on our normal patrol mam. Um do you have any spare donut's?

Michael Fisher

DOH, I didn't think of this when you said that initially...

Do NOT let Russell drive himself to the event.  Someone needs to drive him to it so he doesn't get pulled over on the way there.

That could be why they keep patrolling in front of your house.

Or it could be a coincidence.

Kat Kanning

Donuts?  Man those things are gross.

I don't think letting Russell on the plane with no search is a bad thing.  That's the goal!  ...to have noone subjected to these indignities without cause.  ...to be able to travel freely without demands for "your papers please, comrade".

Kat Kanning

Oh, I know.  I'm going to drive.  I'm leaving early so we have time to be pulled over a few times.  I'll even drive slowly today...no Rocket  ;)

Kat Kanning

There's a car half block away just sitting there with two guys with government haircuts watching my house.  I walked over and told them there was a neighborhood watch here and asked what they were doing.  They said they were waiting for a friend.

Kat Kanning

I have a license.  The inspection on my car expired last month.  When I went to get it done last week, they found something expensive I'm going to have to get fixed next week, but I didn't have enough money right now to do it.  I've paid all the fees and stuff though and can show them the paperwork on the inspection.  The guy at the inspection station said they wouldn't give me a ticket with all that paperwork, but they probably will anyway.  The papers will love to print how the police harassed us over Russell just wanting to travel with dignity.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on June 11, 2005, 06:45 AM NHFT
There's a car half block away just sitting there with two guys with government haircuts watching my house.? I walked over and told them there was a neighborhood watch here and asked what they were doing.? They said they were waiting for a friend.

Go up to it and take a picture of them.  ;)

Kat Kanning

Russell's going to talk to them and call the police to report suspicious people casing the neighborhood.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on June 11, 2005, 07:05 AM NHFT
Russell's going to talk to them and call the police to report suspicious people casing the neighborhood.

LOL

Michael Fisher

This should keep em busy for a while:

01000001010001100011100001000011010000100100001001000110001101000011100001000011010000010011100100111001001101010011010101000110001101010100000101000100010000010100011001000100010000010100010001000001010000010011001000110011

Though I'm sure almost anyone here could find out how to decipher it in a few minutes.  ;)

Kat Kanning