• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 4

Started by Kat Kanning, June 15, 2005, 06:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: foreverfree on June 18, 2005, 10:55 AM NHFT
? I would say that the newe system is a success.? There have been no attacks or casualties since the system was put in place.? And no one can say that it is worse because who knows what would have happened if it didn't change.? What we can say is that it has improved since no attacks have gone through.
I attribute the fact that no terrorist act has happened due to birth of my son.

Just because the TSA is there does not mean that it has prevented any terrorist.
Come on.... even the cockpit doors hasn't prevented it. (Although why did it take 9/11 to make airlines get better doors... I mean come on).
All the TSA does is harrass the business traveler.

AlanM

I attribute it to having changed jobs shortly after 9/11.

Can anyone say what has caused the lack of terrorist attempts? Perhaps it is merely that they know an attempt is doomed to failure, because anyone on that plane will fight to the death.

KBCraig

I was dating Mary on 9/11/2001, but we righted the cosmic imbalance by wedding on 2/14/2002, and John David strode into the world 9 months and 1 day later, on 11/15/2002.

I figure that one seriously kick-ass toddler is enough to keep the terrorists at bay!

For an alternate theory, try this: on 9/11/01, the woman I had a date with the night I met Mary (subsequently ditched, for obvious reasons), was driving from Shreveport, LA to Texarkana, AR for a quickie courthouse wedding to the man to whom she'd been married for 20 years, but separated for 2 years. They'd never divorced, although they were separated. It turns out her divorce from a teenage marriage was never properly filed, so her "second" marriage never existed in the eyes of the State of Louisiana. In order to divorce the abusive bum, she had to marry him first, and to collect her proper share of marital assets (and legitimize their children), they had to stay "married" for a year, even though they lived separately. Welcome to the Napoleonic Code, vice English Common Law!

I figure that a "marriage" like that taking place on 9/11/01 pretty much altered the cosmic stage. And it makes Mary snicker, since she got me. ;)

Kevin

KBCraig

From the Union Leader, http://www.unionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=56596

News - June 21, 2005

Feds get personal with air travelers
By LESLIE MILLER
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON ? The federal agency in charge of aviation security collected extensive personal information about airline passengers even though Congress forbade it and officials said they wouldn?t do it, according to documents obtained yesterday by The Associated Press.

The Transportation Security Administration bought and is storing details about U.S. citizens who flew on commercial airlines in June 2004 as part of a test of a terrorist screening program called Secure Flight, the documents indicate.

Gee. Do you suppose such a system could explain nervous TSA honchos knowing enough to monitor every move of a pre-teen named Kira, whose mother, Kat Dillon, is married to Russell Kanning, who challenged the TSA a week earlier?

I'll jut point out that the names on the tickets don't have any obvious match, yet somehow they knew to be on the lookout...

Quote?TSA is losing the public?s trust,? said Tim Sparapani, a privacy lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union. ?They have a repeated, consistent problem with doing one thing and then saying they did another.?

Nooooo!

QuoteSecure Flight and its predecessor, CAPPS II, have been criticized for secretly obtaining personal information about airline passengers and failing to do enough to protect it.

The TSA and several airlines were embarrassed last year when it was revealed that airlines gave personal information on 12 million passengers to the government without the travelers? permission or knowledge. An inspector general?s report found TSA misled the public about its role in acquiring the data.

No. Duh?

QuoteClass-action lawsuits have been brought against airlines and government contractors for sharing their passengers? information. As a result, airlines agreed to turn over passenger data for testing only after they were ordered to do so by the government in November.

So that's all it takes: "TSA sez so!"

Passenger records

According to the documents, which will be published in the Federal Register this week, the TSA gave the data, known as passenger name records, to its contractor, Virginia-based EagleForce Associates. Passenger name records can include a variety of information, including name, address, phone number and credit card information.

EagleForce then compared the passenger name records with commercial data from three contractors that included first, last and middle names, home address and phone number, birth date, name suffix, second surname, spouse first name, gender, second address, third address, ZIP code and latitude and longitude of address. The reason for the comparison was to find out if the passenger name record data was accurate, according to the TSA.

EagleForce then produced CD-ROMs containing the information ? except for latitude and longitude and spouse?s first name ? ?and provided those CD-ROMs to TSA for use in watch list match testing,? the documents said. TSA now stores that data.

According to previous official notices, TSA had said it would not store commercial data about airline passengers.

So they used a contractor to store it.

Isn't the definition of "facism" the collusion of state and government?

Balance of the article snipped. I just couldn't take any more.

Kevin

foreverfree

Well, I can see that since I have been gone there has not been a lot of Dungeons and Dragons being played!  Lots of time on our hands people!....
First and foremost, the reason that you are ASKED to take your shoes off is due to the fact that a plane was almost brought down when Richard Reid place plastic explosives in his shoe.  It got through security and if the det cord was not wet 300 people would be dead.  You don't HAVE to remove your shoes.  As long as they don't set off the metal detector you are all set.  The only reason they ask you to take them off is to make your experience faster and easier.  You people need to get your facts straight....I think you might be a little mislead in your ideals

John

Gardner Goldsmith (WGIR, 610 AM) gave an update on this story at the begining of his show yesterday . . .
Thanks Gardner.

KBCraig

Quote from: foreverfree on June 21, 2005, 05:57 AM NHFT
First and foremost, the reason that you are ASKED to take your shoes off is due to the fact that a plane was almost brought down when Richard Reid place plastic explosives in his shoe.  It got through security and if the det cord was not wet 300 people would be dead.  You don't HAVE to remove your shoes.  As long as they don't set off the metal detector you are all set.  The only reason they ask you to take them off is to make your experience faster and easier.  You people need to get your facts straight....I think you might be a little mislead in your ideals

You do realize that plastic explosives wouldn't set off the metal detector, right? What purpose could it serve to have your shoes off if you don't set off the detector?

And have you read Dreepa's accounts of refusing to remove his shoes? It always leads to secondary screening, even though he doesn't set off the detector. Sounds like "have to" to me.

I'm curious how you chose your forum name, since you don't seem all that interested in being free.

Kevin

GAF???_again

You do realize that plastic explosives wouldn't set off the metal detector, right? What purpose could it serve to have your shoes off if you don't set off the detector?

Think before you type... The purpose of taking off your shoes is so TSA can look in your shoes to see if you  have anything (ie Plastic explosives) in your shoes.  ::) You do know what in X-ray machine is for... right? Come on... a little common sense. Pretend you guys are thinking the stuff thru.

Y'all are amusing. Kat, I am pretty sure no one was even aware of who you were when you were going thru the checkpoint. You are a little (excuse the irony) person that means nothing in the grand scheme of life. Holding onto those coattails of your equally deranged husband. Russell asked to be arrested... he wasn't arrested for anything else. You are all very amusing... a paranoid bunch of nothings who will do nothing but get in the way of the people doiong important things.  ::) Y'all really need to get over yourselves.
Toodles.

KBCraig

Quote from: GAF???_again on June 21, 2005, 07:06 PM NHFT

Think before you type... The purpose of taking off your shoes is so TSA can look in your shoes to see if you  have anything (ie Plastic explosives) in your shoes.  ::) You do know what in X-ray machine is for... right? Come on... a little common sense. Pretend you guys are thinking the stuff thru.

You should read before you type. I was responding to foreverfree, who said:
Quote from: foreverfreeFirst and foremost, the reason that you are ASKED to take your shoes off is due to the fact that a plane was almost brought down when Richard Reid place plastic explosives in his shoe.  It got through security and if the det cord was not wet 300 people would be dead.  You don't HAVE to remove your shoes.  As long as they don't set off the metal detector you are all set.  The only reason they ask you to take them off is to make your experience faster and easier.

If you read it again, perhaps you'll see that I was responding to the idea of taking your shoes off to get through the metal detector: "As long as they don't set off the metal detector you are all set. The only reason they ask you to take them off is to make your experience faster and easier."

I fail to see how taking time to take off and put on shoes that do not set off the metal detector is faster, or easier.

As for looking in shoes, I challenge you to look in a pair of shoes and know whether the sole has been stuffed with explosives, unless it was done in an extraordinarily sloppy manner.

QuoteYou are all very amusing... a paranoid bunch of nothings who will do nothing but get in the way of the people doiong important things.

Please, don't let us stop you from doing important things. We'll be here with our paranoid little nothing friends, while you're out doing great things for freedom. If it's not too much trouble, please stop by now and then, and let us know what you've accomplished.

Regards,

Kevin

FTL_Ian

Quote from: KBCraig on June 21, 2005, 07:39 PM NHFT
Please, don't let us stop you from doing important things. We'll be here with our paranoid little nothing friends, while you're out doing great things for freedom. If it's not too much trouble, please stop by now and then, and let us know what you've accomplished.

Bim-yah!   ;D ;D

Kat Kanning

In all the press releases and what Russell said to the police, I had been referred to as "Kat Dillon", but I noticed the police  called me Kathryn.

Quote from: KBCraig on June 21, 2005, 02:47 AM NHFT
From the Union Leader, http://www.unionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=56596

News - June 21, 2005

Feds get personal with air travelers
By LESLIE MILLER
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON ? The federal agency in charge of aviation security collected extensive personal information about airline passengers even though Congress forbade it and officials said they wouldn?t do it, according to documents obtained yesterday by The Associated Press.

The Transportation Security Administration bought and is storing details about U.S. citizens who flew on commercial airlines in June 2004 as part of a test of a terrorist screening program called Secure Flight, the documents indicate.

Gee. Do you suppose such a system could explain nervous TSA honchos knowing enough to monitor every move of a pre-teen named Kira, whose mother, Kat Dillon, is married to Russell Kanning, who challenged the TSA a week earlier?

I'll jut point out that the names on the tickets don't have any obvious match, yet somehow they knew to be on the lookout...

Quote?TSA is losing the public?s trust,? said Tim Sparapani, a privacy lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union. ?They have a repeated, consistent problem with doing one thing and then saying they did another.?

Nooooo!

QuoteSecure Flight and its predecessor, CAPPS II, have been criticized for secretly obtaining personal information about airline passengers and failing to do enough to protect it.

The TSA and several airlines were embarrassed last year when it was revealed that airlines gave personal information on 12 million passengers to the government without the travelers? permission or knowledge. An inspector general?s report found TSA misled the public about its role in acquiring the data.

No. Duh?

QuoteClass-action lawsuits have been brought against airlines and government contractors for sharing their passengers? information. As a result, airlines agreed to turn over passenger data for testing only after they were ordered to do so by the government in November.

So that's all it takes: "TSA sez so!"

Passenger records

According to the documents, which will be published in the Federal Register this week, the TSA gave the data, known as passenger name records, to its contractor, Virginia-based EagleForce Associates. Passenger name records can include a variety of information, including name, address, phone number and credit card information.

EagleForce then compared the passenger name records with commercial data from three contractors that included first, last and middle names, home address and phone number, birth date, name suffix, second surname, spouse first name, gender, second address, third address, ZIP code and latitude and longitude of address. The reason for the comparison was to find out if the passenger name record data was accurate, according to the TSA.

EagleForce then produced CD-ROMs containing the information ? except for latitude and longitude and spouse?s first name ? ?and provided those CD-ROMs to TSA for use in watch list match testing,? the documents said. TSA now stores that data.

According to previous official notices, TSA had said it would not store commercial data about airline passengers.

So they used a contractor to store it.

Isn't the definition of "facism" the collusion of state and government?

Balance of the article snipped. I just couldn't take any more.

Kevin

foreverfree

"Freedom to Travel"....this is the name of your so-called attempt at civil disobedience.  You failed to prove a point though.  The only point you made is that we all have the freedom to travel.  If you all do not like the government so much and them "pressing" into your lives when you fly, why don't you fly your own plane.  Just go out, buy a cessna, and fly where ever you want.  All that you did is waste the taxpayers money.  Now we have to pay the Feds overtime, the cops overtime, the courts, bailliffs, etc.  Thanks for wasting America's time and our money.  Why not just drive, take a bus, TAKE A HIKE!  There is more than one way to travel in this great country.  How about instead of crying and whinning about "the man" bringing you down by stopping you and wasting your precious 5 minutes of Dungeons and Dragons time, you could rally to get a nation wide train system in place.  Or even come up with a completely new alternative to air travel.  "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".  That quote is the greatest idea ever thought up.  If we all did that this country would be even greater than it already is.  So stop whinning and make a USEFUL change.

foreverfree

Quote from: GAF???_again on June 21, 2005, 07:06 PM NHFT

Think before you type... The purpose of taking off your shoes is so TSA can look in your shoes to see if you? have anything (ie Plastic explosives) in your shoes.? ::) You do know what in X-ray machine is for... right? Come on... a little common sense. Pretend you guys are thinking the stuff thru.

Y'all are amusing. Kat, I am pretty sure no one was even aware of who you were when you were going thru the checkpoint. You are a little (excuse the irony) person that means nothing in the grand scheme of life. Holding onto those coattails of your equally deranged husband. Russell asked to be arrested... he wasn't arrested for anything else. You are all very amusing... a paranoid bunch of nothings who will do nothing but get in the way of the people doiong important things.? ::) Y'all really need to get over yourselves.
Toodles.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

AlanM

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". ?

Your love of this statement says a lot about you. The government means more than the indiviual, to you. I feel sorry for you.

foreverfree

What is the longest you have ever waited in line at the Manchester Airport?  I doubt it was ever longer than 15 minutes...and that is a stretch.....here's to you! ::)