• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report, Part 1

Started by FTL_Ian, August 27, 2005, 03:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Hey TTW,

I've been working on getting my show on in New London, and have been striking out.  One of the stations is leaving the talk format, and the other one is this one:

WSUB   980.0   1,000   72   Groton   CT   NA   860-443-1980   Kevin O'Connor

I just got blown off by this guy again.  If you and some other activists in New London could call him and tell him you want to hear Free Talk Live, it could make a difference..

Much thanks!

Russell Kanning

You could always go to the city council and have them take the radio station through eminent domain and give it to you ......
...if you can show it is for the children
...if you bribe them a little

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: freedominnh on August 28, 2005, 07:47 PM NHFT
Is there enough room on Kelo 7 properties to have a Woodstock style Fight Eminent Domain concert benefit over say a 3 day weekend like Columbus Day.? Probably would garner a lot of money and press.

The city of New London has bulldozed probably three quarters of the buildings in the eminant domain target area leaving many vacant lots.? Take a look at the satellite photo:http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33+Smith+St+New+London,+CT&ll=41.344413,-72.095783&spn=0.003727,0.008704&t=k&hl=en It's a few years old but mostly accurate.? Not big enough for Woodstock but bigger than the area the July 5th protest occupied.

Russell Kanning

Are some of the locals still angry?
They were quite worked up on 7/5 and they wanted action not just words. CT polititians said they were going to fix this. Since then they have only gotten more talk and nothing good.

TackleTheWorld

Hi, Lauren here, new resident of the embattled Ft. Trumbull neighborhood of New London, Connecticut. 

Status of utilities:
electricity     On
gas             On
water           On
phone           reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.
cable           reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.

I met Susette Kelo this week.  She mentioned she was going to testify at another state hearing soon.  Then she said that she had many letters from people pledging to protect her property with arms.  I suggested she could mention those letters at the hearing if she wanted to scare the politicians.  We both agreed that scaring politicians was a proper civic responsibility.

Near downtown New London I noticed a bronze monument.   It looks like a group of spears sticking out of a cauldron.  Is it a monument to cannibals?  On closer inspection the spears were actually harpoons, it was a memorial to the whalers of New London.  Then I learned that the police department of New London spends almost as much as the biggest city in Connecticut while in fact being one of the smallest cities in Connecticut by area.  I also heard of bloated school administrator salaries in this city with only about 3,000 students.  Need I remind myself of the city's designs to steal the property of the Ft. Trumbull residents?  My first guess was right, this city is a monument to canibals, the city government eats it's own citizens.

TackleTheWorld

My new home.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lloyd Danforth

Lauren, You will be interested in this. New London was a laughing stock on Talk Radio when this guy was refuse a job due to his high intelligence.

By BRIGITTE GREENBERG NEW HAVEN, Conn. (September 8, 1999 9:05 p.m.
EDT http://www.nandotimes.com) - A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit
by a man who was deemed too smart to be a police officer, ruling that
the New London, Conn., Police Department's rejection of Robert Jordan
because he scored too high on an intelligence test did not violate
his rights. ?In 1996, he scored a 33, the equivalent of an IQ of 125.
The average score nationally for police officers, as well as office
workers, bank tellers and salespeople, is 21 to 22, the equivalent of
an IQ of 104.

Russell Kanning

" Then she said that she had many letters from people pledging to protect her property with arms. "

I guess we could put this as a caption under a picture of her little yellow house. ;D

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 02, 2005, 08:47 PM NHFT
I met Susette Kelo this week.  She mentioned she was going to testify at another state hearing soon.  Then she said that she had many letters from people pledging to protect her property with arms.  I suggested she could mention those letters at the hearing if she wanted to scare the politicians.  We both agreed that scaring politicians was a proper civic responsibility.

Hell yes! 

Does anyone consider it a violation of ZAP to threaten defensive force against the armed thugs of government?

Will we have shots heard 'round the world again?

The cops and the rest of the state loves pushovers.. what will their response be to this?  If more people pushed back against this tyranny, they'd shrivel up and die.

A few hundred more activists like you, TTW and we'll be sitting pretty in NH!

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 02, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT
Does anyone consider it a violation of ZAP to threaten defensive force against the armed thugs of government?

Defensive force isn't a threat.  It's not even a promise.  It's an obligation.

Kevin

Pat K

Ah Kevin lad I"M taking quite a likings to ya.

Dave Ridley

<<Could people drive an american flag into the ground to protect someones property >>

wow there is an ideam, what if the property were surrounded by u.s. flags so that any invading demolition force would have to knock down the flags before coming in?

Another idea...what about a "gooddess of liberty" statue of liberty type thing like the tienanmin square protesters had?

Russell Kanning

people could bring signs to drive into the ground

tracysaboe

Flags. Miniature statues of liberty. Etc.

tracy

TackleTheWorld

A perimeter of American flags would be great.  It might give the the wrecking crew pause to crush them.  But we would need cement drill bits to get most in.  The house fronts are right up to the sidewalk or street here.  There are plenty of vacant lots where the earth is soft, but they have already been bulldozed.

[attachment deleted by admin]