• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report, Part 2

Started by Michael Fisher, September 25, 2005, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

WOW, I'm already getting positive responses from this e-mail... at 2am.   :o

Michael Fisher

We received more coverage than I originally thought for the Sunday protest:

Group protests meeting trespass arrest
Boston Globe, United States - 18 hours ago
EAST LYME, Conn. --A group of people turned out Sunday in front of a prison in East Lyme in support of a woman jailed after her ...

Stamford Advocate, CT - 18 hours ago
EAST LYME, Conn. -- A group of people turned out Sunday in front of a prison in East Lyme in support of a woman jailed after her ...

New York Newsday, NY - 18 hours ago
EAST LYME, Conn. -- A group of people turned out Sunday in front of a prison in East Lyme in support of a woman jailed after her ...

Picketers protest at prison where woman is jailed after New London ...
WFSB, CT - 19 hours ago
EAST LYME (AP) -- A small group of people turned out in front of a prison in East Lyme in support of a woman jailed at last week's New London City Council ...?

Newsday, NY - 18 hours ago

Group pickets prison where eminent domain protestor held
WTNH, CT - 19 hours ago
(East Lyme-AP, Sept. 26, 2005 7:14 AM) _ A small group of people turned out in front of a prison in East Lyme in support of a woman ...

Small Group Protests On The Behalf Of Mute Activist
TheDay (subscription), CT - 20 hours ago
East Lyme ? A small group of demonstrators patrolled the front of the Janet S. York Correctional Institution on Sunday afternoon holding up signs and ...

We had more instances of news articles and video coverage of our protest than we had protestors.   ;D 8)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 26, 2005, 10:29 PM NHFT
We need a nickname for Lauren.? ?:)

How about the Quiet Revolutionary?? ?8)

the teddy bear assassin .... no
Lauren the silent .... no
Lauren who tackles the world ....
the silent revolutionary ....
Kelo #8

Russell Kanning

They were out in front of the prison last Sunday and they are planning another event on Sunday that Mike just posted.

I guess yesterday they all received their "notice of rescinded eviction" ..... the nldc is feeling it from the city and the governor ..... the city is just faking .... but they are still there.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 26, 2005, 11:23 PM NHFT
Here's the e-mail I just sent out to the Fort Trumbull residents and New London-area activists:

How did you get access to those emails?  I have contact with a few of the owners, but that's it.  Is there a yahoo group?

Kat Kanning

We exchanged email addresses when we were down there?

FTL_Ian

Ahh.. I didn't know if they were all available in one place.

Russell Kanning

do they let dogs in there?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on September 27, 2005, 12:57 PM NHFT
Damn, where was the activism between '99 and Lauren's perserverence to get into that Council meeting last Monday night?? Russell is right.? Strong dose of Vitamin A may still turn the tide or ignite the powder keg that has been percolating all along.

Looked through FSP site since this occurred and I'm amazed at how little has been said and mostly by underground posters.

A strong dose of Vitamin A.

NOW you're speaking my language.   8)

president

Quote from: russellkanning on September 26, 2005, 06:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 25, 2005, 11:50 PM NHFT
Alright, now the video is down to 6MB, but the quality is pretty low.  Let me know if you want the video clip.

We mostly just didn't want to lose the clip from their website. The streaming one is very nice .... you can blow it up to full screen. 8)
I will send you an email for a copy .... maybe you could send one to the fsp also ..... they love a good action story.
You can use the 30 day eval of HiDownload to grab the stream from:
rtsp://a1775.v8164d.c8164.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1775/8164/001/real.trb.com/tv/realvideo/2005-09/19554762.rm

The clip is about 6.6 MB, but it should be the original quality.
Or you can download the clip here.

Michael Fisher

president = Seth Cohn?  ???

Oh yeah!  Almost forgot... I managed to rip the videos into several different qualities, so if you want a higher quality clip, let me know.

Lauren Canario's 09-19-05 Coverage (AVI)

Lauren Canario's 09-20-05 Coverage (AVI)

Michael Fisher

I asked Fox 61's Shelly Sindland if they had any more footage of Lauren's arrest available for us.  This is her reply:

You will have to order the story and I think there is a fee...35 to 50 dollars.
Send a request to Doug Stewart
                           Fox 61
                           One Corporate Center
                           Hartford, CT 06103
In the letter say you want the New London Eminent Domain story from Sept 19th--by me, Shelly Sindland.
We do have her being hauled away by the cops but that's about it.

shelly

SethCohn

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 27, 2005, 03:42 PM NHFT
president = Seth Cohn?  ???

Oh boy, a fan site all about me!!!!  Wow.  Thanks.

Anyone who doubts that president has mental issues, I think this settles the argument.

Added: BTW, he bought this back in July... this isn't even new.

Michael Fisher

LOL, shows how much I was paying attention.   ::)

Michael Fisher

NOTE:? Ignore this post.? There WILL be a rally on Sunday at 1pm!? Details are forthcoming.? Check my later posts!

Old post:
QuoteDoug from FT just called.  They believe from past experience that people are too lazy to get up off their butts and rally for this cause without a serious sense of urgency so there will be no rally this weekend.

It's sad that nobody in this country cares anymore, not even after the enormous publicity of the Kelo decision.  You can see in their eyes that the Fort Trumbull residents are desperate for help, probably because of the massive apathy in their community. :(

We're labelled as the "radical" arm of the FSP movement because we actually care and take action. ::)

They're having a press conference tomorrow and Avner "Gandhi" Gregory will use some of my letter and report to form statements in support of Lauren, tying her imprisonment to their cause.

Here's the announcement of the press conference:

Fwd: Fort Trumbull Coaliton Press Conference, Wed. 11:00 AM New London

The Coalition to Save the Fort Trumbull Neighborhood will hold a press conference Wed., Sept. 28, 11:00 AM at the Parade (foot of State St., opposite the Train Station) in New London.? This conference is being called to address the unprecedented level of obfuscation emanating from the New London City Council in the past couple of weeks.? The Council has attempted to obscure their relationship with the NLDC, and establish scapegoats immediately prior to the Nov. 8 municipal election.

Tentative list of participants and the subjects they will address:

Neild Oldham & Steven Hallquist - Eminent domain abuse and the NLDC's reign of terror remain firmly intact.
Avner Gregory -? Lauren Canario has been imprisoned since Sept. 19 for doing nothing and is now being illegally punished for her silence without even the benefit of a trial.
Todd O'Donnell - Owner of the Union Railroad Station to address New London's other eminent domain abuse case and why he refuses to do business in New London any longer.
Susan Kniep, President of the Federation of CT Taxpayer Organizations - accounting for the tens of millions of public funds NLDC has spent and learning who is really benefiting.
Michael Cristofaro- Plaintiff in the Kelo litigation will address the recent eviction notices received by property owners and their tenants, and the incredible contents of these letters.