• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report, Part 3

Started by Michael Fisher, August 27, 2005, 01:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT
Hi, Lauren here, new resident of the embattled Ft. Trumbull neighborhood of New London, Connecticut.?

Status of utilities:
electricity? ? ?On
gas? ? ? ? ? ? ?On
water? ? ? ? ? ?On
phone? ? ? ? ? ?reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.
cable? ? ? ? ? ?reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.

This week I've learned that many normally alarming things are not alarming here.? Caravans of bulldozers and dump trucks rumbling down the street:? normal, theres a construction yard on the west side of Smith St.? Bullhorns barking scary commands throughout the neighborhood: normal, the nearby coast guard station tests their marine public address systems every morning.? Constant alarm bell righing: normal, the train bridge rings when it is turning to let boats through.? Bad smells: normal, the water treatment plant across the street does become sulfurous at times.
If the city tries to signal their destructive intentions with giant machines, loud speakers or tear gas, we are just going to yawn and think it's a normal day.

This is a great idea!  Thank you for doing this, Lauren!!!   8)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on September 24, 2005, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 08:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on September 24, 2005, 08:01 PM NHFT
they should not hold anyone for failure to testify ..... you are innocent until proven guilty .... she has not hurt anyone or threatened to do so ..... so she should be free until they prove that she has hurt anyone.

Who?

the stinkin government

No, ?who should be set free?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:08 PM NHFT

I don't have any concerns.? I just don't think Lauren's planned incarceration over absolutely nothing is worth my protesting.

I understand the guy above wore a skirt to an all woman cars wash.

Wallace wore the attire that was common to males of his period.

So what if he did?? ?Are you implying that men that wear skirts, or kilts, are unmanly or that they are unworthy because of that?

This is the 21st Century.? Lets all try to remember that.

WinBear

WinBear,

Assuming you are male, If I have in any way offended you or your sense of style, i apologise.

Lets just say that gender or style has no bearing on the ability to reason, or fight.? I refer you to William Wallace as a reference.

Apology accepted.

WinBear

wallace wore the attire of his time.

WinBear

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 24, 2005, 09:15 PM NHFT
Funny how Seth, Weiss, Sorens, and others don't come out and tell the media something like "oh, I'm sure he didn't mean it because we're a nonviolent organization, I've met these two and they're very nonviolent people, and his wife is clearly using nonviolent methods.  he was probably just frustrated.  perhaps if you call him back he'll verify that's NOT what he meant to say."

Instead, you see these guys assuming that one single media article with her husband somehow represents Lauren's point of view - a tremendous logical fallacy that Alan Weiss uses to distance himself from her.

My wife was somewhat upset when I went to jail for a manicure.  Luckily the press didn't interview her.  We didn't see eye to eye that day.

If that is all you got out of the Weiss posting, you're not thinking very clearly.

If you protest, if you fight, do you have a plan to win?  Do you have bail money, a media plan, a media spokesperson who is winsome and attractive to your cause, do you have "ammo", do you have people ready to protest in the streets and prosecute this in the streets and in the media?

Or are you just an Activist without a clue?

Do you think that you can shame every participant in the FSP into joining your little ragtag army?  Do you think your efforts are going to actually result in anything?  Recruitments for liberty?  A change in the moronic Supreme Court?

Back to Johnson.  No one in the FSP speaks for the entire FSP except the President of the FSP, and even then she's really speaking for herself.  I thought the notion of Johnson trying to shame and goad the FSP into action was pathetic, and bad planning.  Bad planning gets people killed. 

Bravery is cheap when its cheaply made. 

WinBear

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:09 PM NHFT
::)

I've noticed that nobody has, actually, refuted any of the points I have made here, but, the above is pretty stupid.

Mike, I thought of this earlier when you claimed you were going to CT and get arrested and did not say anything because it seemed sophmoric, but, in light of ? ::) ?I will ask the question.

Do you have your wife's permission to get arrested?

I rolled my eyes because I assumed you were being sarcastic with statements like "they just ran out of room" and "the meeting had nothing to do with eminent domain".

They didn't just run out of room. ?Everyone knows that. ?And the meeting had everything to do with eminent domain - they were considering ousting two of the Board members responsible for it. ?The town is looking for a reason to oust the NLDC Board in order to stop the bad publicity.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:19 PM NHFT
Yet the council voted a no confidence vote of NLDC!  How  do you know any of the above is true.  Why is it only Lauren was arrested?  What did she do that all of the other anti- ED people didn't do, that caused her to get arrested?

Listen to tonight's show when I post it, hour 1, to hear exactly what someone who was in the room has to say about their "vote".  Everything I know is heresay, but I've heard it all straight from the homeowners themselves, Lauren's husband, or someone else who was there.

JonM

Funny how Seth, Weiss, Sorens, and others don't come out and tell the media something like "oh, I'm sure he didn't mean it because we're a nonviolent organization, I've met these two and they're very nonviolent people, and his wife is clearly using nonviolent methods. ?he was probably just frustrated. ?perhaps if you call him back he'll verify that's NOT what he meant to say."
I said that.

SethCohn

Funny how Seth,

I don't think I have met Lauren and Jim....  so I _can't_ say that.  I missed that meet and greet.

Instead, you see these guys assuming that one single media article with her husband somehow represents Lauren's point of view

Nope, my view is her husband is his own problem.  Lauren is picking the wrong fight at the wrong time (see most of what Lloyd has posted already).  She didn't stand in front of bulldozers, she picked a fight with bureaucrats over a meeting, and she isn't helping her cause in jail, frankly , especially with her husband doing the talking instead.

But that's my view... Alan's entitled to his, Jason to his, Kat to hers, Lloyd to his, Ian to his, and you to yours. 

The 'FSP' view is pretty clear though: if you _sound_ like you want violence, you're out.  Jim's sounding like it, a lot.  Yes, maybe the media is misreporting... but Jim admits he's saying those things, even if it is under stress.  Jim needs to take a cue from Lauren and shut his mouth tight.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:23 PM NHFT

Bravery is cheap when its cheaply made. 

WinBear

This from Alan Weiss who risks so much he can't even move to NH and can't even sign in under his own name.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on September 24, 2005, 09:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 08:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on September 24, 2005, 07:59 PM NHFT
you need to listen to the mp3 from FTL from the first night ..... they packed the room so that none of the residents could be in the meeting

Had the meeting been about EM, which it wasn't, and, I was one of the owners effected, I would have been at the door when it opened and in the front seat!
What did they pack the room with, if not residents?

Russell, the anti-ED people got the vote they wanted out of the counsil. There was no way it would have gone diferently.
listen to the mp3 .... Ian posted it here.

Michael Fisher

If that is all you got out of the Weiss posting, you're not thinking very clearly.

If you protest, if you fight, do you have a plan to win?? Do you have bail money, a media plan, a media spokesperson who is winsome and attractive to your cause, do you have "ammo", do you have people ready to protest in the streets and prosecute this in the streets and in the media?

Or are you just an Activist without a clue?

Do you think that you can shame every participant in the FSP into joining your little ragtag army?? Do you think your efforts are going to actually result in anything?? Recruitments for liberty?? A change in the moronic Supreme Court?

Back to Johnson.? No one in the FSP speaks for the entire FSP except the President of the FSP, and even then she's really speaking for herself.? I thought the notion of Johnson trying to shame and goad the FSP into action was pathetic, and bad planning.? Bad planning gets people killed.?

Bravery is cheap when its cheaply made.?

WinBear

I am thinking very clearly. ?His posting is an obvious assumption of Lauren's violent nature because of her husband's accidental comments that he already apologized for. ?What am I missing here?

What do you know about our activism? ?Probably nothing. ?I've never even seen you on these forums before.

Nobody is shaming FSP participants into helping us. ?Jim's comments were a mistake, he admitted it, and he has apologized for it. ?Forgive him. ?Get over it. ?Your arguments are meaningless and apply to no one here, not even Jim, who has apologized for the mistaken offhand remarks.

Russell Kanning

The Free State Project will not be sullied by this. ?We will not be
taunted by those who advocate violence, bullied into intemperate and
ill-advised masochistic slaughter. ?Technically, there *is* no "we",
because individuals in the FSP are simply that: ?individuals. ?It is up
to each of us to decide What To Do. ?But one thing the FSP will not do
is endorse violence.

We wish Lauren and James would retract their statements, publicly. ?We
wish Lauren well in her protest. ?We wish a lot of things.

Alan R. Weiss

"sullied" hahahahaha
So who is we if there is no we?
I for one have not advocated violence. I do think that we should oppose the government to the point of breaking the law.
Lauren has not hurt anyone and I support her efforts.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 09:27 PM NHFT

Bravery is cheap when its cheaply made.?

WinBear

This from Alan Weiss who risks so much he can't even move to NH and can't even sign in under his own name.

I figured that's who it was.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:13 PM NHFT
So anyone that disagrees with you can kiss your ass?

OK.

I don't have a gun and don't know what you're trying to say.

Yah, that was a little confusing and a little out there for a 'kiss my ass'

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:13 PM NHFT
So anyone that disagrees with you can kiss your ass?

OK.

I don't have a gun and don't know what you're trying to say.

Yah, that was a little confusing and a little out there for a 'kiss my ass'

/shrug....I thought he'd enjoy that sort of activity.  Who knew?