• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Heh....heh...heh

Started by Kat Kanning, April 07, 2012, 05:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

It's got a beer refrigerator!

Kat Kanning

Right now we have a 53 foot beer refrigerator.

MaineShark

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to refuse to deliver particular shipments, when working for a typical trucking company, if the content violates your personal beliefs?  For example, could you refuse to deliver equipment to an abortion clinic since you are adamantly pro-life, or refuse to deliver a shipment of ammunition to a police station, or somesuch?

Kat Kanning

Company drivers are supposed to take what they get, but in reality, you could refuse the load without repercussions.  Right now we're lease drivers and can refuse any load.  Where we're going, we will chose all our loads, so of course, wouldn't take any military loads or loads to abortion clinics.

The worst load I heard about was billed as "Medical Supplies" but was at -10, which is unusual for drugs.  They tried to make the driver unload it.  The way I heard the story, he walked away, leaving his truck even.  It was dead bodies, I guess for medical research.   A lot of times you don't know exactly what you're hauling until you go to unload it.  Who knows if this story is true though.

firecracker joe

:) Kat & Russell,
thats a good lookin, love that color, truck I just passed my cdl A and am a certified  licensed trator trailer driver however until i take care of my pendig legal issues i cant even apply for driving jobs but if all goes right i will be set to go on the road truckin in december I hope to be off fed. probation by then and have my current charges dropped or atleast not pursued by  a superior grand jury its been 40 days now and i hear they have 90 days, im keeping my fingers crossed. keep on truckin. firecracker Joe

Kat Kanning

Great news, firecracker!  What do you think you'll do when the feds let go of you?  Got a company in mind, or doing more like you were before?

Kat Kanning

Oh, can you do local driving just in NH, firecracker?

We didn't get the blue truck either  :'(

Jim Johnson

Kat Kanning

Well today we bought a white truck.  I paid for it this time, so they can't sell it before we come get it.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 10, 2013, 08:46 PM NHFT
Well today we bought a white truck.  I paid for it this time, so they can't sell it before we come get it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2UeBPRHdE

Russell Kanning

yea got a boring white truck
hopefully we will drive it to the Shire soon for Burning Porcupine or porcfest :)
resting in tejas doing paperwork to start at Landstar.
they do military loads that we just wont do. other companies have been mostly food. have to stay away from DC too .... gotta starve the beast.:)

KBCraig