• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Heh....heh...heh

Started by Kat Kanning, April 07, 2012, 05:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky Thatcher

Yay Kat!!!

So when is your first cross-country trip to New Hampshire?  :D

Kat Kanning

Well, now only Russell is going to school.  I graduated today.

Russell's looking into a NH dedicated run, so we'd keep going back to NH each week.

Russell Kanning

did we tell you the story about a trucking recruiter we were talking to?

she was wondering what we were going to do for child care for our 12 year old :)

Becky Thatcher

Bring the kid with you, of course.  Silly recruiter.  ;D

That would be sweet if you guys were up this way more often.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 20, 2012, 06:49 PM NHFT
she was wondering what we were going to do for child care for our 12 year old :)
'Why would we need child care for our Scotch?'

Kat Kanning

Now we're just waiting for a truck :)  Russell took us out to test drive a brand new Volvo the other day.  That was fun, and Kira got to ride around in it.

Tom Sawyer

I just caught up on this thread... awesome news.   8)

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 26, 2012, 10:30 AM NHFT
Now we're just waiting for a truck :)  Russell took us out to test drive a brand new Volvo the other day.  That was fun, and Kira got to ride around in it.

Is Kira going on the road with you?

And, reading between the lines, did the recruiter think Kira was only 12?

Russell Kanning

exactly
I am trying to talk Kira into going to nursing school. She seems more cut out to help old people than to drive the big truck like Kat. She can be around to help Kat's parents when they don't feel that great.

So we have been on a crazy roller coaster with getting started truck driving. We had trouble getting a place that was ok with both Kat and I. She is new to the game and I have not had my license from 2002 until January. Different places had a problem with us. Now we are all set up at the same place .... my old employer.

On my side .... California lowered my child support payments and lifted the suspension on my license. So now we can go be empty nesters and run around the country hauling food and making dough.

KBCraig

LOL, Kira looks young, but not 12.

On the other hand, I totally understand: Sarah is 22, but on any given day/makeup/mood/dress combination, she can look anywhere from 13 to 29.

Nursing is good. Nate is probably leaving the Army, and I hope he gets his RN when he does. He'd be good at it for all the same reasons that I suggested he change MOS to Combat Medic: he's smart, empathetic, reads people well, and sees right through any BS claims.

I'm glad they lifted the hold on your license. Suspending driving and/or professional licenses is the modern equivalent of debtor's prison: you can't ever get out of it with their foot on your neck, and they'll keep their foot on your neck until you get out of it.

Any time I see a big red rig going through on I-30, I'll wave and hope it's y'all. If you see a big red GMC conversion van near Texarkana or Shreveport, you'll know it's me. We'll be sporting Ron Paul and Porcupine stickers, and nhfree.com. :)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

we will tell you guys what color truck we have and when we get nearby to visit anyone

Kat Kanning

Well, we get on a truck Sunday afternoon.

John

:) Happy and Peaceful traveling to you(s)  ;D

Lloyd Danforth