• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recycled houses

Started by KBCraig, April 22, 2012, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Didn't care much for it in 2008, either.

Jim Johnson

Making houses from junk doesn't make them affordable to anyone except the craftsman.

Affordable houses are places that aren't taxed or regulated by the Government.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 23, 2012, 10:50 AM NHFT
Making houses from junk doesn't make them affordable to anyone except the craftsman.

Even that depends  upon how he values his time and any opportunities available for work. The time spent attaching the frame samples would have framed another house.

Russell Kanning

what's not to like?

I loved the idea.

I can totally see the wall of frame corners. Growing up .... one old guy I knew had a garage full of them, since he was a traveling frame salesman. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Jim Johnson

Where is that constant supply of picture frame corners so we can make more than one room?

How long does it take to piece together one of those baby choking deck railings made from random sticks?

I think his buildings look great, but he isn't going to house the poor huddled masses with junk; they can do that themselves.

His market is the eccentric 1%... which, if he actually did wish to build low costs houses for the poor, he would service extravagantly so that there would be large amounts of waste that he could lavish on those he finds needy.

Russell Kanning

I agree. Those creations would take so much time and energy. Did you see the guy busting perfectly good tile, so he could have tile pieces?

Pat K

Man what a bunch of crabby old men you have become.
Go out and take a walk, catch a fish, lighten the Fuck up.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 23, 2012, 03:14 PM NHFT
Was his name Art?
'cause if his name was Art, and he traveled in frames...........just say'in

Russell Kanning

btw it is 70 degrees today and this is the cold day this week

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 23, 2012, 03:45 PM NHFT
I think his buildings look great, but he isn't going to house the poor huddled masses with junk; they can do that themselves.

His market is the eccentric 1%... which, if he actually did wish to build low costs houses for the poor, he would service extravagantly so that there would be large amounts of waste that he could lavish on those he finds needy.

He says from the start he's not out to house everyone. People have to be willing to learn and to work hard, which leaves out most people who accept charitable housing.

The frame corners are time consuming, but stylish. Individual choice.

Breaking tyle for mosaics only looks wasteful to those who like a bland repetitive pattern. For those who like mosaics, it's the way to get them. Again, individual choice.

Lloyd Danforth

I guess we will have to have our fun when Pat & Kevin, apparently, weird builder guy's bitches, aren't looking.

Jim Johnson

That's OK, put a little rum around the nipple and send them off to bed.