• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Democrats, Massholes invade NH

Started by error, December 13, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Stratham is one town that turned from reliably "red" to solid "blue," says Smith, noting the correlation here between newcomers, their higher education levels, and a rise in voting Democratic.

John Decker is one of those voters. He moved to Stratham from Massachusetts in 1998, and since then has joined a fight to get local government to take a more active role in putting boundaries on business and development for the benefit of the community's character. His particular pique? Advertising signs that line local roads.

In his alter ego as the "sign bandit," Mr. Decker has plucked, by his own estimates, more than 1,000 commercial signs from roadsides around the region. The ads are technically not allowed on public property, but the police seldom bothered with them. So Decker, a former ad executive and campaigner for Howard Dean in 2004, took it upon himself to remove the "litter."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1213/p01s03-ussc.html

Can we send them back now?

Braddogg

Quote from: error on December 13, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT
Stratham is one town that turned from reliably "red" to solid "blue," says Smith, noting the correlation here between newcomers, their higher education statist indoctrination levels, and a rise in voting Democratic.

error

I think it would have been poetic justice to throw some bureaucracy back in his face.

"If you want to remove litter, adopt a highway!"

As it stands, he's facing theft charges for removing people's signs, which is probably even more poetic.

Braddogg

Quote from: error on December 13, 2006, 06:15 AM NHFT
"If you want to remove litter, adopt a highway!"

"And a sign will be placed in your honor"   ;D

error

Speaking of which, this very forum comes up #1 in a Google search for New Hampshire Adopt a Highway.

davemincin

You know thinking many of the folks moving from Mass are getting a bum rap.  Know lots of the folks I have been working are from Mass and have arrived in NH in the last 5 years or so.

Truth is we got crushed in the past election, but really don't think it was because of folks moving from Mass.  More like students voting for bigger government then going home.

Take a look at the Nashua, Salem, Derry area.  Lots of former Mass folks, but they vote pretty much for freedom.  Thinking many of them are here for the same reasons that brought many of us.

just my 2 cents.

FrankChodorov

QuoteTruth is we got crushed in the past election

who is the "we" that you are referring to?

QuoteMore like students voting for bigger government then going home.

it was the student's vote that was the margin of victory for Lynch?

Dreepa

We I think means GOP.. Dave ran under the GOP banner.

I think that a lot of good reps lost some of whom happened to be GOP.
But that straight ticket balloting which the GOP was all for, backfired on them.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 14, 2006, 08:45 PM NHFT
QuoteTruth is we got crushed in the past election

who is the "we" that you are referring to?

QuoteMore like students voting for bigger government then going home.

it was the student's vote that was the margin of victory for Lynch?

Dave was clearly not talking about Lynch because there was no pro-freedom person on the ballot for gov.

TEBON

Quote from: davemincin on December 14, 2006, 06:36 PM NHFT
You know thinking many of the folks moving from Mass are getting a bum rap.  Know lots of the folks I have been working are from Mass and have arrived in NH in the last 5 years or so.

Truth is we got crushed in the past election, but really don't think it was because of folks moving from Mass.  More like students voting for bigger government then going home.

Take a look at the Nashua, Salem, Derry area.  Lots of former Mass folks, but they vote pretty much for freedom.  Thinking many of them are here for the same reasons that brought many of us.

just my 2 cents.

the masshole factor in NH is quite alarming.  Those same people who, in the last 20 years, have moved into NH and slowly but surely started to vote for bigger government, more taxes, etc. . . are ruining the state.  Those same people, see them all the time. . . they want the big wide spaces for their friggin horses and once they're there, they want better roads, sidewalks, free education, no tolls, curbside pickup, and gun control.

And they're the same as that bastard Kennedy (the NH version), who wants to raise income tax. . . to help OFFSET the property tax.  To eliminate the property tax, he wants an 11 percent income tax.  This guy is out of his mind, and he's the typical liberal masshole who have been squatting in teh state for 20 years, just to run for office with the new fact that they've been in the state for 20 years.  I spoke to a liberal tard yesterday, they explained to me how much better NH would be if it were more like MA. . . I said do you mean the treeless areas, or the trash, or the corruption, disallowing the will of the people, or do you prefer the crimminals having the guns instead of the law abiding folk?

he was at a loss for words, he looked at me as if I'd just sullyed the name of the greatest state to grace the world.  I told him that if he wanted the crap, to live in the latrine.  He said the one thing I can't come back with. . . "I'm here, and I'm going to make this state the way I want it"

hence why I'm moving to NH, if for nothing else, I'll offset his vote.  I'll call him too to remind him that there are more of us than there are of you.  Ah those will be the days.

As a lifelong prisoner of MA. . . I can understand and feel for you when you speak down about the commonwealth, and its residents that come up to the Great White North, and try their best to ruin it.

error

"I'm here, and I'm going to make this state the way I want it"

That's truly frightening. Who the hell is this guy, George W. Bush?

TEBON

well, I'm not a fan of the Bush's, any of them, and I'm even less of a fan of the Kennedys. . . bottom line is, both of the major parties want to have more than 50% so that they can still be corrupt, yet still be able to keep their jobs.  That balance is so critical.  Too much power, you have a citizen uprising, not enough and you can't make tons of money off the commoners.

But no, alas the guy was quite liberal, and brainwashed to think that his money goes to things that actually affect way of life issues in his state. . . instead they go for pork and hack jobs (ie- the Mass Pike)

eff mass-- I'm not affiliated, but at least the republicans in my state are the true underdogs.  Give them up, and you give up all rights to freedom, and liberty.