• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fenway Park Wounded Warriors Day

Started by sgtusmc, May 17, 2012, 08:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtusmc

Fenway Park Wounded Warriors Day
   You can have all the fundraisers but the fact is if you do not listen and hear what the Wounded Warrior is saying nothing will help.  Each individual US Military Veteran is different.  Different in personality, in experiences, in type of wounds and most of all the protocol of how all this will affect the individual later in life.  PTSD the deep recurring thoughts crippled by our pride and civilized society's hate of the actions taken to defend and protect our Constitution against the enemy.  TBI-traumatic brain injury is a common every day occurrence in military life, especially in country, where the brain is damaged.  I never thought of suicide during my tour because it was more than likely the Conflict would take my life anyway.  I had no memory of life back state side from TBI and my hope was to live long enough to see her just once.  We lived like pigs and graduated into cruel animals to win so innocent children would not have to follow as we did.  After the TBI my tour took me into two Vietnam Offensives where the first one I broke my back and in the second one lost most of my hearing in both ears from the enormous noises.  I am One Hundred Percent disabled with four received at separate times disabilities and the government stops my VA medical care to stop my opinion letters of government wrongs and no one hears my words.  I am vocal but there are thousands affected in worse way that their disabilities prevent them from speaking out. 
   The Boston Red Sox kept me alive even though there was no memory of them in my head.  I am sure that is so even for the thousands of other NE neglect disabled veterans.  It was my team to listen to on armed services network every chance that I got.  It was the same for all other teams as their hometown military were routing for them.  It was a friendly tap of the one beer a day can jester after the game no matter which team one.  It gave us a chance to listen to home for such a short time and dream of being back in the real world.  We lived in a world of HE-double-L and inflicted that on the enemy as they did us.  I only mention the Boston Red Sox's because of the Wounded Warrior Article in today's paper.  It reminded me of how important as all Baseball teams are to those in country giving their lives for you.  Fundraisers are great but if you never learn to listen and hear we will never find our way home. 
Peter Macdonald Sgt USMC Semper Fi
465 Packers falls rd Lee NH 03824 603-781-3839