• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Response Cilley's Foxhole of life

Started by sgtusmc, May 26, 2012, 08:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtusmc

Response Cilley's Foxhole of life
   First let me talk about US Senator Ayotte's Day of Honor for Afghanistan Veterans.  This would come from a person that never served that does not under stand we are one.  All service men and women no matter what War or Conflict cannot be separated by a special day for today's war.  You forget about all in the past and how about those children of the future.  Veterans Day and Memorial Day are days to honor all not single out and honor one.   Bruce Chilley's Foxhole story reminded me not because I ever fought from a Foxhole but the trust in others for it is your life.   A politician exists because good men and women give their livers for your freedom.  Vietnam and the men and women that were there are rejected even today by this civilized society.  I did thirty-one months over there from 70-74 base camp U-born Thailand.  I was TAD to Vietnam twice and was American Advisor on eight convoys across Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.   The only American-speaking leader of truck convoys deep into the "Bush" to bring surplus supplies to friendly camps.  I was taken from a friendly village in Cambodia one night and with a bayonet during hand-to-hand combat killed a child to get my M-16 back and escape.  I laid still in a Benjo ditch on another convoy as the enemy passed because under orders my M-16 could not be locked and loaded until eminent danger of death.  I have four life changing disabilities from my tour.  Three of my injuries came at separate times during two separate Vietnam offensives I participated in.  One night I was taken from my bunk at MCAS Iwakuni Japan to some MABS post in Vietnam to repair absorbers used to stop fighter jets with a tail hook for landing on a short runway.  The perimeter wire was assaulted as stray bullets zinged past during that entire mission.  Enemy mortar fire destroyed the pisser that I left seconds earlier.  The blast slammed me to the mat with out mercy.  I have said it a million times and it is true.  I came back alive while many better than I died that would have fit far better into your civilized world than I.  This is not right just as opinion letters from US Military Veterans being censored.  The reason does not matter.  How will the public ever understand if the horrors and difficulties of what we are will never told. 
   The VA and NH government stopped my VA medical care until I stop writing letters of government wrongs.  Will Jackie Cilley be the same as the past governors and send the State Police after me.  Jackie is an elected NH government official that so far has refused to cover my back as I have notified her of the situations.  Will Jackie some how get newspapers to stop censoring US Military Veterans letters?  NH has refused me a "Redress of Grievance" it is the Constitution does Jackie care.
   Thank You Bruce for your letter.  I am sure Jackie will be a great governor she has my vote, as I know being with you she has some insight to Vietnam Veterans and what it is like to live with us.
Peter Macdonald Sgt USMC Semper Fi 
465 Packers falls rd Lee NH 03824 603-781-3839