• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eminent Domain Seminar Protest February 8th Wednesday

Started by Kat Kanning, December 14, 2005, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Are we going to protest in Weare at the Town Meeting? >:D

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on December 16, 2005, 03:03 PM NHFT

The protest is on Feb 8 at the Radisson in Manchester.

Dreepa

Quote from: CNHT on December 16, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

I know I am joking.
Isn't there going to be some ED goings on in Weare at their town meeting?

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on December 16, 2005, 03:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on December 16, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

I know I am joking.
Isn't there going to be some ED goings on in Weare at their town meeting?

I guess that would be appropriate...as well.

FTL_Ian

Shouldn't a thread like this be in the "Underground Projects" forum?  I always look there to see what's next.  Topics get buried in general, because there's so much action here.

Russell Kanning

I like to put threads under "projects" cause hopefully we are doing things ..... I just don't always finish them.

Russell Kanning

There much better ...... I have never moved a topic before. But I use to not delete posts and that has turned out to be such fun. :)

Kat Kanning

Moving the threads breaks the links to the calendar.

FTL_Ian

A listener emailed to suggest we give out the number for the hotel so that our listeners can call and complain.  I'm willing to do this?  Would you like me to?  If so, can you get me the number, and name of the key management?

CNHT

Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 18, 2005, 01:25 PM NHFT
A listener emailed to suggest we give out the number for the hotel so that our listeners can call and complain.? I'm willing to do this?? Would you like me to?? If so, can you get me the number, and name of the key management?

February 8th Wednesday
Protest times:  8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Radisson Hotel Manchester-Center of New Hampshire
700 Elm Street
Manchester , NH

CNHT

Another one for you:

An Eminent Domain case regarding the taking of the private property of Sam Bourne in Madison, NH. for use as a snowmobile trail is being heard in Superior Court in Ossipee NH.

The hearing is set for February 6, 2006 with a? docket #03-E-0144 and docket #05-E-0014. The victim doesn't believe he will get a fair and impartial judgment. He has had no help from the AG's office. He has already been locked out of the town records vault in violation of 91A laws.

If you want to support Sam in some way, please email the NH Liberty Calendar webmaster.

Here is some background information in an article of Dec. 7, 2005:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051207/NEWS0202/112070151/-1/services0509

Sam says:
"The basis for their claim is to create a new snowmobile and future ATV trails through private land for the benefit of the local snowmobile and ATV clubs, who invite non-resident members to use for a membership fee." [This sounds like commercial use to me!]

And:
"The Town of Madison, NH has already been found guilty of violating due process of law and violating the 'right to know' laws as the road study committee was held in private homes without any recorded minutes and was implemented by this one person to create trails on private land by claiming them to be old public roads, docket no.02-E-036 Riss V, Madison and NH Supreme Court docket no.2004-0323."

[Here is why you must tell your reps to vote NO on HB 626 -- 91A is being further gutted]

There is much more:
"To make things worse to circumvent the case, the selectmen, through the efforts of the same group have decided to lay out a new road over the same location of their prescriptive claim, without any appraisals, construction, compensation and without clearly stating what the use is, and admitting they are barred from laying out a highway for a trail. They wont let me repair my deeded access, they wont allow me to install new electric power to the locus, they have revoked my build permit for a newer dwelling, and rejected a four lot subdivision for uneven handed reasons as suspected when the subdivision application was reviewed and rejected. During the winter months the selectmen and local Court allow the snowmobilers to speed within 6 feet of my doorstep, endangering my family and causing a complete nuisance."

From Intervention Magazine:

"...in Madison, New Hampshire, where the town has appropriated a private right of way. Despite the contradictory opinion of a surveyor, Madison has taken Sam Bourne?s right of way as an old Class 6 town road?although the selectmen deny Bourne the same maintenance rights that it allows others who live on Class 6 roads. Madison retains the slickest land-use lawyer in the county, while Bourne must either impoverish himself or risk acting as his own attorney. The outcome will probably be dictated more by the town?s greater resources than by what is right."

Sam has not said whether he wants people to simply sit in on the hearing or protest with signs outside...so stay tuned.

CNHT

Quote from: freedominnh on December 14, 2005, 10:19 AM NHFT
Maybe we can get Dana Berliner from the IJ to join our street rabble.? We can show even them a thing or two about organizing.? They told us that you have to be well under way in the process of being taken---they are so overwhelmed.? Our motto should be strike first and strike severely at the first dog chicken shit whiff of eminent domain.? ?Anyone who thinks that they can undertake an ED venture in this state should know that they will be filleted and boiled in tar.

IJ is useless on this new case in Madison. I already tried. The response was:

"Thanks for the email.  Unfortunately, this is not our area of expertise.  We focus on cases involving the private-to-private taking of property, not those involving public highways, roads or trails.  I wish this individual luck."

CNHT

Pat McCotter