• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tour de Shire

Started by Tom Sawyer, July 27, 2012, 10:22 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Dang it we need some fun...

Showing kids, families and friends having a good time in the Shire. It's a fun and a productive way to promote more folks to come join our efforts. The need to show others that there is more to do than get arrested.  ;D
If we create fun video associated, so much the better.

More info to follow...
Stay tuned!  :D

Meanwhile remember

Finding Life and Liberty in the Free State Project, Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykYVIUk-mqs

Finding Life and Liberty in the Free State Project, Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDtvclolrs

Russell Kanning

good idea
each month we went for a nice walk in the woods with families and active singles (read "people that go outdoors") after the concord porcs meeting. It was nice to leave the political discussions behind and enjoy the river, woods, and conversations. :)
I would be interested in buying some ad time for any video or sponsorship for any events.

Tom Sawyer

The walks after the Monadnock Porcupine Meetings were always a good time, as well.

Thanks for the offer of support.  :) 8)

I neglected to mention that bicycling was the main thrust of the get togethers... thus the spin off name of Tour de Shire, from the Tour de France...

At this point it seems that Winchestershire, Keeneshire, and Graftonshire would be featured. Much as with the videos I posted links to, we would include some other fun stuff from each place. Graftonshire during it's Apple Festival would be a nice time to do it to include a destination of the Peaceful Assembly Church. Perhaps we could try to attend an Apple Seed Shoot, although I don't think we would ride our bikes over to there... we are doing the easy going, lazy folks, joke version of the "race".  ;D

We have friendly offers for the three Shire destinations, so far. Would anyone else be offering other Shire destinations? Manchestershire seems appropriate, as an example.

Pat K

Very cool now if you could only figure a way
that we would always be going down hill.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on July 27, 2012, 11:50 PM NHFT
Very cool now if you could only figure a way
that we would always be going down hill.

Start on top of Mount Washington.

Tom Sawyer

There is no way any of us can compete with and hope to match PatK's potential energy.

"First man to break the speed of sound on a bicycle."   :o

William's ability to keep pace with me has improved, better 18 speed bike, he's taller and stronger... but, dad's downhill speed greatly exceeds his. Top gear, pedaling full power downhill... haven't clocked myself, but I would say 50+ mph.

We have ridden down from the mountain peak to the west of Keene on Rt. 9 to town... that's pretty fun.

Russell Kanning

in grafton the rail trail might be nice

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 29, 2012, 09:57 PM NHFT
in grafton the rail trail might be nice

Goes right to the Peaceful Assembly Church.  8)

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

OK... Putting the finishing touches on the first episode of the Tour de Shire, Grafton Apple Festival.

The piece is dedicated in memory of Lloyd Danforth, founding Cider Meister.

Looks really good, foliage is beautiful. Features music from Rich Angel and John's daughter Maria (need her full name) what a lovely song she did.

KB, would you ask Ben if he is interested in helping promote this on YouTube. He had some good ideas and seemed to have done pretty extensive research on the subject.

My goal is to make a splash with these videos. Grafton comes across as a nice destination.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 11, 2012, 06:23 AM NHFT

Grafton comes across as a nice destination.

The grave stones make it more of a final destination.

KBCraig

KB, would you ask Ben if he is interested in helping promote this on YouTube. He had some good ideas and seemed to have done pretty extensive research on the subject.

My goal is to make a splash with these videos. Grafton comes across as a nice destination.

I sure will. He's about to leave for the weekend, but whenever you get it posted I'll get him on it.

I'm looking forward to the series. I think you have a great idea here, and a good promotional tool.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on October 11, 2012, 10:34 AM NHFT

I sure will. He's about to leave for the weekend, but whenever you get it posted I'll get him on it.

I'm looking forward to the series. I think you have a great idea here, and a good promotional tool.

Thanks,  :)

Tom Sawyer

Rich does a nice cover of the Grateful Dead's song "Box of Rain" which he dedicates to Lloyd... as often happens, I can't get the song out of my head. Particularly poignant lyrics which were written, by Robert Hunter, for Phil Lesh's dying father...

QuoteLook out of any window, any morning, any evening, any day.
Maybe the sun is shining, birds are singing,
No rain is falling from a heavy sky.
What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
For this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago.

Walk out of any doorway, feel your way, feel your way like the day before.
Maybe you'll find direction,
Around some corner where it's been waiting to meet you.
What do you want me to do, to watch for you while you are sleeping?
The please don't be surprised when you find me dreaming too.

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 11, 2012, 06:23 AM NHFTMaria (need her full name) what a lovely song she did.

sent Maria a link 2 this thread so she can give you some info, Tom...