• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Apple Festival 5th Annual

Started by Free libertarian, July 28, 2012, 07:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: porcupine kate on August 24, 2012, 09:44 PM NHFT
May I have more finalized information on the festival?  I would like to get the information to Chris Lopez sh she can let new movers and people visiting NH know about it.

I don't know if I will make it.  I just had more knee surgery this morning and I don't know wht the recovery will be like.

The Grafton Apple Festival started back in 2008, when several of us Free Graftonians thought we ought to have a fall event.  I will claim much of the glory associated with naming it and none of the mishaps that may have occurred or will in the future. It also helped a helluva lot that Lloyd had an apple press.  So we cleaned it up and bada bing bada bang....Apple Fest was created!

The first couple were well attended at Hoyt Farm.   I believe the metal roof at Hoyt was being applied during or around the same time as the first apple fest, Jim Johnson found out falling is okay, but landing not so good.  We poured apple cider on his wounds and he grew 3 inches  was promptly cured.

Perhaps the next year? Russell tried to climb an apple tree, the tree fought back, clearly it didn't want Russell stealing its apples.  Despite his wounded pride and punctured leg and near miss neutering he remained intact.  Or at least we'll take his word for it.

The third one in 2010 and 4th one in 2011  were held at the Peaceful Assy. Church.  To my knowledge no major mishaps have occurred at this location.  Clearly the holy apples are spiritual and would not desecrate the church grounds. John has powerful magic and the apples have thus far obeyed.

This years, 2012, we'll be missing some guy named Lloyd, so its possible after we tell our favorite Lloyd stories the nominees for the future Grafton Curmudgeon will named.    Or to honor Lloyd maybe we'll procrastinate this and just hang out.

To persons thinking of coming, it is typical Grafton laid back.  Bringing apples to be squeezed into cider might be a good idea as well as bringing an empty container to put the cider in. Many of us have used empty soda bottles or plastic milk jugs in the past. 

Those who think they can cook something appl(e?)ish (sic?)  should bring something...a pie, a tart (we need more tarts in Grafton, the gender ratio is very skewed) , a cobbler or something made from apples.  Sometimes we award a prize to the best tart, er apple dish. 

I hope this helps...

Free libertarian

...okay I screwed up in the way my post quoted Kate.  arggh.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 25, 2012, 10:01 AM NHFT

Just need the ] bracket at the end of the quote tag.

;D
Funny and succinct history of the event. 

jerry

using the new superpowers granted by Kat I fixed it for yah.

MaineShark

Quote from: Free libertarian on August 25, 2012, 09:58 AM NHFTMany of us have used empty soda bottles or plastic milk jugs in the past.

Don't you know that's illegal?

Dang activists.  Don't they know that you have to obey the stupid laws, too?  Just because the law is outdated and has no bearing on modern life, is no reason to ignore it! :)

Russell Kanning

I still have a scar but we beat the tree by taking its fruit

Free libertarian

Quote from: jerry on August 25, 2012, 01:05 PM NHFT

using the new superpowers granted by Kat I fixed it for yah.

Super Powers?  You're gonna need a cape !

Free libertarian

Quote from: MaineShark on August 25, 2012, 03:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on August 25, 2012, 09:58 AM NHFTMany of us have used empty soda bottles or plastic milk jugs in the past.

Don't you know that's illegal?

Dang activists.  Don't they know that you have to obey the stupid laws, too?  Just because the law is outdated and has no bearing on modern life, is no reason to ignore it! :)

Yes I know, but I'm a criminal, it's what we do.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Jim Johnson

KBCraig

Been known to masticate in public places.

porcupine kate

Umm...

Where will it be this year?  I see the date, time and town but I really could use an address. 
Thanks

Free libertarian

Peaceful Assy Church in Grafton is where this years Grafton Apple Fest happens.   It's the one with all the war is not the answer signs and features a colorful fence.    Directly across from the "town common" and close enuff to the landfill you could combine it with a shopping trip!    ;D