• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I peed on Stefbot

Started by dalebert, August 04, 2012, 01:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

So as some of you guys may (unfortunately) know if you've read many of my dream posts, I have pee anxiety dreams sometimes if I make the mistake of drinking too much right before bed. My full bladder eventually haunts my dreams. Last night I peed on Stefbot (Stefan Molyneux). There was this big plastic tent thing that was designed as a sort of make-shift outdoor urinal at Porcfest and he was standing right behind it and I didn't see him and splattered him right in the face. He got really annoyed for a moment but then just seemed to shrug it off and make a joke about it. I was very apologetic.

I don't know if it's at all connected, but my only recent thoughts about Stefan were that I couldn't watch one of his recent videos. I don't even remember now which one it was about. As a general rule, I watch anything of his less than 20 mins which is more time than I give to most of my subscriptions. Usually it's about 8 or 10 before I say "Nah, I'm too busy". I like a lot of his stuph. He puts out some of the better liberty-themed media IMO.

But in a recent one, my immediate impression was he was sounding like a preacher. There's a very affected manner of speaking that preachers use. I don't know if they have a class for this or if it's just something they pick up from watching other preachers and seeing how effective it is. It doesn't feel like a natural way of speaking and in that sense it feels manipulative, like it's trying to appeal on an emotional level rather than via logic, which is also not at all what I tend to expect from Stefan. I literally clicked off the video in probably less than 30 seconds. It was reflexive.

I don't even know if it can be counted as a real criticism. It was just my personal reaction to the sound of his speech in that moment. It's very possible that he's just using some speaking techniques that are supposed to be good for keeping your audience engaged (usually).

In any case, I'm sorry for peeing on Stefan, even if just in the dreamworld.

dalebert

On a sidenote, it was barely a pee anxiety dream. After I peed for a while and it seemed like it was never going to stop, I woke up. As usual, checked my crotch and it was dry. I didn't even feel a need to pee that badly so I went back to sleep.

Jim Johnson

You should Skype the 'Stefbot' this Sunday. 

Pat K

Don't pee on a steffbot and then tell him it's just raining.