• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Justice

Started by Lloyd Danforth, August 03, 2012, 11:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

"It felt like I was in a Monster Jam rally or something," witness Rene Morris told WCAX. "I just couldn't believe it. He's backing up, going over it, turns around, makes his way to the other vehicles smashes those up, did his business and headed right down Route 5."

Silent_Bob

KBCraig

Better PR than Carl Drega.

Jim Johnson

Something always happens right after you wash your car.
I'll bet they won't be washing cars again for a while.

Tom Sawyer

;D ;D ;D

This story made my day. So much for the invincible authorities. "But, we can't do anything without our cars!"

Reading the comments was both encouraging and funny.

Typical Republican response "He cost the taxpayers money!"  ;D But they have nothing to say about the cost of the Drug War. "I don't mind the tyranny so much, but the cost to the taxpayers... if we can just get the tyrant to pay for it without tax dollars, I'm OK with it."

John

"...one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident."
negligent? NOT guilty.
accident? - NOT guilty.

"...did his business and headed right down Route 5." :)

John

i'm thinking JUROR info outreach

Jim Johnson

Article 10, the right to revolution; the courts have trouble with "what revolution should look like"... look, right there, look... it's farmers taking their implements and destroying government things, that's what revolution has always looked like. 

John

i'm thinking some JUROR(s) could see things exactly that way

MaineShark

Does Vermont allow nullification arguments?

Lloyd Danforth

We were informing potential Jurors of their right of Nullification here in NH before it became law.

MaineShark

Indeed, but the question is whether the defense can make that argument right in the courtroom, as it will obviously have a powerful effect on the jury if they hear it at the same time as they hear the judge telling them that they have to do what he says.

Tom Sawyer

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1tqaa/VermontBarAssociatio/resources/14.htm

This article points out that it was considered a right for the Jury to judge the law in Vermont till a ruling in 1892.

From a practical matter the Jury can do it, if they know about it and keep their mouth shut as to their reasons for acquittal.

Lloyd Danforth