• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I have lots of homeschooling books and stuff if anyone needs them

Started by Raineyrocks, August 30, 2012, 08:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I have a couple science kits, lots of workbooks, (I think they are like grades 3-5), some have a couple pages written in them but tons of unmarked pages.  I think I have vhs tapes too about dinosaurs, etc.   

If you want something specific just let me know and I will look and see if I have it so you don't have to take boxes of things you don't need.

MaineShark

We can use almost anything.  Particularly science and math.  For example, the five-year-old apparently taught himself multiplication.  So we mostly try and play catch-up and keep them supplied with whatever may help them learn...

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on August 30, 2012, 10:06 AM NHFT
We can use almost anything.  Particularly science and math.  For example, the five-year-old apparently taught himself multiplication.  So we mostly try and play catch-up and keep them supplied with whatever may help them learn...

Oh good, I'm glad you can use some of it.  :)  So, should I just go through the science and math stuff that I have? 

MaineShark

Well, we can use almost anything - they have to learn it all, eventually.  But the biggest demand right now seems to be for science and math.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on August 30, 2012, 01:09 PM NHFT
Well, we can use almost anything - they have to learn it all, eventually.  But the biggest demand right now seems to be for science and math.

Okay, we can plan a meeting place or you guys can come up if you don't mind a messy house.  I haven't felt like cleaning lately.  :P   

I smoke in the house too so I don't know if that bugs you guys just let me know and I will start going through the boxes.  I have 2 science kits too that I got at Sam's Club a few years ago but the stethoscope is missing out of one them. ::)   I might be going to Tilton sometime within the next week or two also.  :)

PassionatePantherrr

Tilton is likely to be a better place to meet (since you mentioned that you smoke in the house, that's not a good place for me as I'm allergic). What do you have besides math and science? (as Joe said, that's the current focus/interest, but they will need to learn it all eventually :-). The science kits sound fun (I know I have a stethoscope around here somewhere), but most things should be useful... drop us a PM with a phone number so that we can coordinate details, and we can talk a bit more about what details/other items you may have :-) I really need to go through and create a "schooling" area in our house so that I have it all relatively organized for current and future use! Thanks a bunch!