• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I got a job (for 5 weeks)

Started by Raineyrocks, August 30, 2012, 09:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

You could also, if need be, cut the lock off and then replace it...  And, as was noted, if you can find locks with the same key, then that won't even be an issue.

Also, I've gotten MasterLock keys cut at Home Depot and a number of hardware stores.  Not sure why they'd be having an issue with that.

Jim Johnson

If it's this key, no one makes a duplicate except Master Lock.

Jim Johnson

But there should be two keys for every padlock.

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 09, 2012, 12:30 PM NHFT
If it's this key, no one makes a duplicate except Master Lock.

If it's that key, you just file off all but the end.  Honest.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on September 09, 2012, 09:39 AM NHFT
Do the padlocks have 3 digit numbers on the bottoms, next to the key holes?  Master used to send out bulk quantities of "keyed alike" locks for low security applications, and used the same numbers so often that you usually could just go into a store and find one and buy it to get the key.  The instructions with the lock said to erase it, but for that matter, the number should be on the key.  I remember 216 and 150 were the two most common key numbers for their smallest padlocks.

When you say you went to places that copied keys, nowadays those are nearly all "home centers".  I'm sure a for-really-real locksmith could copy one, but not for the $1.89 or whatever that Home Depot charges.

If you want a key to cut and file, you can buy a replacement one here: http://www.padlockoutlet.com/Keys/

And here is the FAQ page on Master Lock's own site regarding key replacement:

http://www.masterlock.com/faq/LostKeysKeyReplacement/

Thank you so much for all of this information and the links.  We left before I knew you posted this and Rick fixed it, yay!  :D

Raineyrocks

Thank you so much everyone that posted!  :)  I am giving you guys all karma every chance I get on here :)

The campground owner was awesome, totally understanding and I'm so sappy I started crying, I don't even know why.  Brandie calls me an emotional toolbag, ha, ha!

Rick used a grinder to grind the slot from the edge to the keyhole on 1 side allowing the lock to slide to the other side of the bar and then remove it.  Then he drilled 2 90 degree holes from the original holes and removed the sharp edges.  (Rick dictated this because I asked him to, I really don't understand it; but it worked)

I will never forget to put the locks on the right way again, I swear!  :)

Pat K

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on September 09, 2012, 04:29 PM NHFT
I love a happy ending.

... :huh:

I thought she was working at a campground, not the Asian massage place.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: KBCraig on September 09, 2012, 04:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on September 09, 2012, 04:29 PM NHFT
I love a happy ending.

... :huh:

I thought she was working at a campground, not the Asian massage place.

Maybe it's an Asian campground.

Raineyrocks

Ha, ha, ha, you guys are very funny!  :D

Raineyrocks

Oh boy, now there's a bat in the cleaning supply room! :o

A few days ago as I was unlocking the supply room I heard something moving in there so I quickly jumped over to the side when I opened the door.  I didn't see anything so I figured maybe it was a mouse and then the mouse hid somewhere, so as I was getting the supplies I needed I looked up about 2ft in front of me and there it was, hanging there; a bat!  A big bat! 

I already had the broom, paper towels, and cleaner, so I quickly closed the door and locked it.  I ran with all this stuff in my hands to the campground office and I told my boss there was a bat in there, he started laughing.  Brandie's description of me, 'emotional toolbag', came into my head and I could see why he was laughing.  Anyways, he told me bats are great for eating bugs and I knew that so I totally agreed with him that it's good to leave the bat alone but I was terrified to go back.

Everytime I went in the room I kept looking to make sure the bat wasn't getting ready to fly at me but it was morning time so I knew I was kind of safe because they only come out at dusk, right?  I took my sons with me last night around 4:30 p.m. and it looked like the bats hanging nest, (?), was empty.  Is it normal for bats to go out at that time? 

Pat K

Sure if they have a really early date.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on September 20, 2012, 05:15 PM NHFT
Sure if they have a really early date.

Ha, ha Pat !  ;D   Actually I have to do "the walk of the shame", it's not a bat.  :P  I went to the campground with my 2 sons, (Jon and Lil' Ricky), they both said that it wasn't a bat.  I didn't believe them but Rick went up with me the next day and said it's a gigantic spider web.

So I did some research on bats and I can't find one that looks like the webby bat shaped thing that I saw, bats just wrap themselves with their wings they don't make a web around themselves, I guess.  Now, I'm out 200 million dollars on the bet I made with my sons that it's a bat.

Raineyrocks

Oh well this is my last week of working at the campground.  I have enjoyed this job somewhat except for the spiders, it was nice doing something and earning some money. 

Now I guess I will keep looking for a job with flexible hours and no drug testing, ( I feel this violates my personal liberty), preferrably paying cash too so no money is taken out for taxes. :)

Raineyrocks

:P

Crap, it's going to be a long weekend.  The campground is pretty packed and my boss wants me to go up there 3 times a day, starting tomorrow through Sunday.  Monday I have to clean it for the last time before the bathrooms are shut down for the winter.