• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I got a job (for 5 weeks)

Started by Raineyrocks, August 30, 2012, 09:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I'm going to be cleaning the bathrooms at a campground, very cool.  :D

I'm really scared because Daddy Long Leg spiders are out again  :o and I also get to drive a golf cart but I just have a feeling something bad is going to happen.  I'm really accident prone and I've never operated a golf cart before.  :P

This sucks, knowing Lloyd isn't going to comment on this post.  :'(

WithoutAPaddle

Is it really a campground, or is it an RV park?

My family camped at Swain's Lake in Barrington in the 1960s.  For three years, we stayed at Swain's Lake Park, where we paid $85 for the whole season.  There was no electricity and no on-site running water.  The only amenities of sorts were that there were a couple of bathhouses with flush toilets, and there was a small store.  We followed the Red Sox on shirt pocket, transistor radios and read by our Coleman lanterns at night.

The owner of that campground, Myron "Barney" Peabody, sold it to a young man named Spin Hemingway, but about a dozen families had falling outs with him and so they arranged to lease undeveloped lots from Barney on other land he owned across the lake.  The campground purchaser went broke and defaulted on the mortgage shortly thereafter, and last I knew, which was about 30 years ago, that campground was being operated under the name Len-Kay(e?).

Little known NH trivia: Brad Whitford, who would later become a guitarist and base player for Aerosmith, camped there in the early 1960s. 

A more famous, and infamous campground nearby was Cedar Waters, with which I am sure many of you are familiar.

Pat K

My daughter is afraid of spiders too Rainy.

She swears there's ninja spiders that appear out of
no were and jump at you.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Raineyrocks on August 30, 2012, 09:17 AM NHFT

Lloyd liked ABBA.  This isn't very relevant to this thread, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA&feature=g-vrec

lildog

I don't know.  I've seen some bathrooms on campgrounds that were really nasty.  Having to clean them is anything but what I would call "cool".

Raineyrocks

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on August 30, 2012, 05:46 PM NHFT
Is it really a campground, or is it an RV park?

My family camped at Swain's Lake in Barrington in the 1960s.  For three years, we stayed at Swain's Lake Park, where we paid $85 for the whole season.  There was no electricity and no on-site running water.  The only amenities of sorts were that there were a couple of bathhouses with flush toilets, and there was a small store.  We followed the Red Sox on shirt pocket, transistor radios and read by our Coleman lanterns at night.

The owner of that campground, Myron "Barney" Peabody, sold it to a young man named Spin Hemingway, but a about a dozen families had falling outs with him and so they arranged to lease undeveloped lots from Barney on other land he owned across the lake.  The campground purchaser went broke within a year, and last I knew, which was about 30 years ago, that campground was being operated under the name Len-Kay(e?).

Little known NH trivia: Brad Whitford, who would later become a guitarist and base player for Aerosmith, camped there in the early 1960s. 

A more famous, and infamous campground nearby was Cedar Waters, with which I am sure many of you are familiar.

Yup, it's a campground.  :) 

That sounds like fun and the price is better than now that's for sure. 

That's neat, (trivia)!

We used to rent a little cabin in Maryland for $30 a night on weekends and it was neat but I didn't stay there all night because you had to walk to the bathrooms and I was afraid of frogs and anything else that might be around.  I tried peeing in a plastic Solo cup but my cup over-floweth, (word?), too many times, ha, ha. :-\ 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on August 31, 2012, 12:11 AM NHFT
My daughter is afraid of spiders too Rainy.

She swears there's ninja spiders that appear out of
no were and jump at you.

Oh my gosh, me too!  It's like they are just waiting to attack me ! :o 

I am afraid of frogs jumping on my feet and hopping up my leg so one time I was brave enough to "barefoot" it in Florida at night and damn if this huge frog didn't jump out of a bush and land on my freaking foot! 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 31, 2012, 07:37 AM NHFT

Lloyd liked ABBA.  This isn't very relevant to this thread, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA&feature=g-vrec

I think it's a good choice.  :) :'(

Raineyrocks

Quote from: lildog on August 31, 2012, 03:39 PM NHFT

I don't know.  I've seen some bathrooms on campgrounds that were really nasty.  Having to clean them is anything but what I would call "cool".

Ummm, okay but I think any job that I don't have to do a piss test for is very cool.  8)  I looked at the bathrooms anyway before I said I'd take the job and they aren't that bad at all.  I'm just afraid of snakes and spiders going into them.  Aren't snakes a possibility?  The entire campground will hear my scream if that happens. :o

Tom Sawyer

Congrats on the job. Doing things others don't want to do is called job security.  8)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 01, 2012, 11:07 AM NHFT
Congrats on the job. Doing things others don't want to do is called job security.  8)

Thanks Tom ! :)   I couldn't agree with you more.  :)

Raineyrocks

Wow, what a paranoia day yesterday, holy crap, there were daddy long legs all over the entire bathroom facility yesterday!

I am so scared to go back.....but I will.   I took a broom and carefully got them off the walls and out of the sinks and then I used the broom to block them from coming at me so I didn't kill any thank goodness.  :) 

I did a search about daddy long legs and campgrounds and here's a story I found, I feel sorry for this girl and hope she found out what the heck was wrong.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090910224630AA801Os

Raineyrocks

Geesh, I really screwed up this time.  :BangHead: ::)  I accidentally closed the padlock on a toilet paper bar to the up position and now the key can't fit in between the keyhole and the toilet paper bar.  ::)

Rick is going to try to bend the key so it will fit in there and open it up but if that doesn't work I don't know what else can be done except to take the "walk of shame" to my boss and tell him what I did.

Raineyrocks

Wow, I can't believe this, we went back up to the campground and Rick's plan to bend the key didn't work and then to make everything worse we checked the other 3 bathrooms and I did the same thing to the other padlocks on those toilet paper roll bars.

Does anyone have any idea of what else can be done, please?

WithoutAPaddle

You can leave little stacks of napkins on top of the toilet tanks, just like they do at McDonald's when they can't replace the secured toilet paper rolls there.   ;D