• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

D’oh! Attorney Drops A Doobie In Court Then Swiftly Resigns

Started by Raineyrocks, October 04, 2012, 11:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

http://www.popularmoron.com/doh-attorney-drops-a-doobi-in-court-then-swiftly-resigns/

D'oh! Attorney Drops A Doobie In Court Then Swiftly Resigns
0 Posted October 4, 2012 by admin in Work & Politics

Now this makes me smile! A city prosecutor from New Orleans was slapped with a court summons after a joint apparently fell from his pocket while he was gabbing with a police officer – epic fail! 43 year old Jason Cantrell was in Orleans Parish Magistrates (assumedly going about his pointless daily business) when the unfortunate, yet hilariously ironic incident occurred. Officers were then reportedly seen snorting between themselves as their colleagues led the 'offender' out of the courtroom to have him booked.

Now, I'm not one for the mindless criminalisation of a plant that naturally grows in the ground according to the laws of nature, especially when there are far more harmful, man made substances being 'legally' peddled, however, one can't help but revel in the thought of a prosecutor getting prosecuted for a petty misdemeanour, one of which he has probably been involved in persecuting others for many times. Karma's a bitch buddy, time to change profession and do something worthwhile with your life!

Free libertarian

He should fight the charges using a jury nullification argument.  He should also write on the blackboard 1000 times, " I will not be a hypocrite anymore."

Of course a few years back a judge in Vermont was busted for growing cannabis, I think she got her mind right thru counseling, kissed the mighty ring and all is forgiven now.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 04, 2012, 12:57 PM NHFT
He should fight the charges using a jury nullification argument.  He should also write on the blackboard 1000 times, " I will not be a hypocrite anymore."

Of course a few years back a judge in Vermont was busted for growing cannabis, I think she got her mind right thru counseling, kissed the mighty ring and all is forgiven now.

I'm not sure what a jury nullification argument is but I totally agree with the blackboard idea.  :) 

Wow, unreal isn't it?  Counseling for growing herb, I can't stand the demonization of such a beautiful plant.  Yup, she kissed ass so I'm guessing she's still a judge putting people in jail because they got nabbed with weed. ::)