• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mom, Ticketed By Police After 2-Year-Old Son Pees On Sidewalk

Started by Silent_Bob, September 16, 2012, 06:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13/caroline-robboy-mom-ticketed-police-son-pees-video_n_1881659.html

A Philadelphia mother is outraged over receiving a $50 ticket and a parenting lecture by a police officer after her 2-year-old son peed on the sidewalk.

Caroline Robboy was out with her family on Sunday when her kids, ages 9 and 2, had to use the bathroom.

After being refused restroom access at a clothing store, 2-year-old Nathaniel, who is still being potty trained, couldn't hold it any longer. The boy took relief into his own hands and peed on a nearby lamp post.

NBC Philadelphia reports that Robboy tried to "redirect" her son to a grassy patch, but a police officer wrote her a ticket for public urination.

Robboy said that the officer then gave her a lecture on parenting, telling her that the ticket was "for her own protection" in case there was "a pervert watching [her] son."

Robboy maintains the situation was an accident, although the ticket does not acknowledge it. She plans to fight the fine.

This isn't the only potty training mishap to make national news recently. Last week, a Utah mother drew criticism for allowing her children to use their portable potty in the middle of a restaurant dining room.

But unlike that incident, this accident has been received with considerable sympathy. As news of the story spread, other parents shared in Robboy's outrage.

"I wouldn't encourage my son to [pee in public] except in an emergency, but there were plenty of times that we had no other choice than to go in a corner of a parking garage or at a park," CafeMom blogger Julie Ryan Evans wrote. "It happens."

Jim Johnson

I always like when they give me tickets for my own protection.  I can use them in my ballistic vest when cops are randomly spraying bullets.

KBCraig

The cop was a prick, for sure. But what kind of store owner refuses to let a 2 year old use the restroom?

Never mind, it's Philadelphia... all that "brotherly love", and the rudest city in the world.

Becky Thatcher

When William was being potty trained, I never went anywhere without the heavy-duty ziplock baggies.  They really come in handy when your little one has to go and no bathroom in sight...or you're stuck in traffic in the Bronx. ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on September 17, 2012, 07:58 AM NHFT
When William was being potty trained, I never went anywhere without the heavy-duty ziplock baggies.

I actually remember seeing you carry around the Bag O'Pee at Roger's.  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on September 17, 2012, 07:58 AM NHFT
When William was being potty trained, I never went anywhere without the heavy-duty ziplock baggies.  They really come in handy when your little one has to go and no bathroom in sight...or you're stuck in traffic in the Bronx. ;D

That's a great idea Becky. :)  When I go to Maryland, the 2 day way, I buy those big disposable plastic cups but when my oldest grandson was younger, we pulled over and told him to pee in the cup but no one thought to tell him to point his pistol in the cup first.  Everybody got a golden shower as his pee hit the top of the car and went all over.  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on September 16, 2012, 08:02 PM NHFT
The cop was a prick, for sure. But what kind of store owner refuses to let a 2 year old use the restroom?

Never mind, it's Philadelphia... all that "brotherly love", and the rudest city in the world.

I always got lucky in Philly when the kids were little the store owners would always let them use the bathroom even if it wasn't for public use.............I guess that was then though.  :(