• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stooges on the Roof

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 17, 2012, 06:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Stooges Construction
Another Fine Job!

They're at it again... Ian has commissioned the Stooges to install a metal roof on his place.

The first panels of the anti-mindwave scanning roof going up on the KAC and FTL's headquarters.

"Hey Moe, how come I have to be up on the roof!"

Precision work and entertainment.

"If I were a rich man,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
I wouldn't have to climb around on this roof."  ;D

Russell Kanning

Pat K

;D 8) ROOF BOYS! ROOF BOYS!
What ya gonna do when these crazy bastards
come to cover a roof for you.

ROOF BOYS! ROOF BOYS!.......

Jim Johnson

So I don't have as far to fall.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on September 17, 2012, 04:21 PM NHFT
;D 8) ROOF BOYS! ROOF BOYS!
What ya gonna do when these crazy bastards
come to cover a roof for you.

ROOF BOYS! ROOF BOYS!.......
;D

That would require us to wear flat brimmed hats and bling... I just can't be down with wearin' no flat brimmed hat.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 17, 2012, 06:41 PM NHFT

So I don't have as far to fall.

You forgot to add the "ya knucklehead" part.

This is a steeper and higher "jump" than the Grafton World Record you so artfully established.

Tom Sawyer

I wanted to post a Stooges film of them working on a roof... found one called "Goof on the Roof" but it's got Shemp in it... I can't except that, that's almost as bad as Curly Joe! I'm a Curly purest, I will except no substitutes!

Pat K

It is good to see some ropes, and harnesses and tie offs.  ;D 8)

Tom Sawyer

Ya Mr. Johnson takes care of his crew...

Lauren, Jason and I.

Not to mention thanks to Ian for the project, thus the work that feeds my family.

KBCraig

I might need to get an estimate on my roof.  8)

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 17, 2012, 07:51 PM NHFT
I wanted to post a Stooges film of them working on a roof... found one called "Goof on the Roof" but it's got Shemp in it... I can't except that, that's almost as bad as Curly Joe! I'm a Curly purest, I will except no substitutes!

Wow, thanks for the clarification.  See all this time I thought the liberty on tour guys were the stooges.  Thus making Beau "Shemp", when Jason stayed in N.H.

So how come Talley gets to be a stooge with you guys now?  I think there needs to a "stooge off" so we can decide who the real stooges are.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 18, 2012, 03:35 PM NHFT
I think there needs to a "stooge off" so we can decide who the real stooges are.

This make me somewhat uncomfortable...Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Stooges are who is Stooging at that time and place. I have been fortunate enough to be involved in helping create some Homesteads in the Shire. Moe hasn't changed, I kind of have to end up being Larry... ahhh, such is life.   ;D

Stooges on the Road...
Those guys Stooged their activism all across the land from their Cordial Welcome of Mississippi to the White Mountains of NH.

QuoteBeau "Shemp"
He is of much higher status than that... No Shemps, I say... and definitely no Curly Joe's.

Curly was the lowest in the hierarchy but he could upstage Moe. He'd do one of the things that became his trademarks, often because he forgot his lines.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 18, 2012, 02:33 PM NHFT
I like the custom ladders

The wooden raft works pretty well... Johnson conceived of a cool "key", the part that goes over the peak, that folds for sliding it down the roof. "Rigger" Johnson secured it with a rope attached to an auger screwed into the ground. Gots to be trusting the guy tying you off. Makes it sane feeling.

Jim Johnson

Hey what cha doin'!  It's talks like a pirate Day, ya bloody boob!  It's not a rope it's a sheet! (slap)