• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Liberties Protection Act of Nashua

Started by jcpliberty, January 27, 2005, 06:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

SECTION 1: Name.
The Civil Liberties Protection Act of Nashua
SECTION 2: Purposes.
The purposes of this ordinance are as follows:
A. To protect the civil rights and civil liberties for all and to affirm the City of Nashua's commitment to embody freedom and liberty, and to embrace, defend and uphold the inalienable rights and fundamental liberties granted under the United States and the New Hampshire Constitutions; and
B. To ensure that local law enforcement continues to preserve and uphold residents' freedom of speech, assembly, association, and privacy, the right to counsel and due process in judicial proceedings, and protection from unreasonable searches and seizures, even if requested or authorized to infringe upon such rights by federal or state law enforcement agencies acting under new powers created by the USA PATRIOT Act (Public Law 107-56), Homeland Security Act (Public Law 107-296), or related Executive Orders, or by future enacted laws, executive orders or regulations.
SECTION 3: No Unconstitutional Detentions or Profiling.
No management employee of the City of Nashua shall officially engage in or permit unlawful detentions or profiling based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or political or religious association that are in violation of individuals' civil rights or civil liberties as specified in the Bill of Rights and Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
SECTION 4: No Unconstitutional Voluntary Cooperation.
No management employee of the City of Nashua shall officially assist or voluntarily cooperate with investigations, interrogations, or arrest procedures, public or clandestine, that are in violation of individuals' civil rights or civil liberties as specified in the Bill of Rights and Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
SECTION 5: Notification.
Management employees of the City of Nashua shall promptly notify the Mayor when, in the course of City of Nashua employment, the following occurs:
A management employee of the City of Nashua is contacted by another law enforcement agency and asked to cooperate or assist with an investigation, interrogation, or arrest procedure under provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act (Public Law 107-56), Homeland Security Act (Public Law 107-296), or related Executive Orders, or future enacted law, executive order or regulation, where such procedure is in violation of an individual's civil rights or civil liberties as specified in the Bill of Rights and Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Upon such notification from a management employee, the Mayor shall promptly report to the Board of Aldermen, specifying the law enforcement agency seeking cooperation or assistance and the actions requested of the management employee.
SECTION 6: Defense.
The City of Nashua shall provide legal defense to any management employee who is criminally charged by another entity for his or her actions in compliance with this Ordinance.
SECTION 7: Signs.
Every road entering the City of Nashua, which has a sign marking the city limits as of the date of the passage of this ordinance, and every road entering the City of Nashua of Nashua which shall, after the passage of this ordinance, be so marked, will also be marked equally prominently with a sign reading "Patriot Act-Free Zone, established by City of Nashua Ordinance #____." These signs shall be posted no later than ninety (90) days after passage of this ordinance, and shall be at least two feet by three feet in size.
SECTION 7: Severability.
If any section or sections of the ordinance is or are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other sections shall nevertheless continue in full force and remain in effect.
Section 2: This ordinance will take effect thirty (30) days after the date of its adoption.

Grunt

Anyone have the list of cities in NH that came out against Patriot Act I, II, III, IV, etc?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Grunt on January 27, 2005, 06:52 AM NHFT
Anyone have the list of cities in NH that came out against Patriot Act I, II, III, IV, etc?

Only Peterborough and Marlborough have.

JP

Grunt

rothamerica

There will be more very soon, if we have anything to say on that subject.

danhynes

The act says California constitution, I think you mean NH con. JP check out the bill of rights defense committee if your not familiar with them. They promote local action against the patriot act. http://www.bordc.org/index.html

jcpliberty

Quote from: danhynes on January 27, 2005, 06:18 PM NHFT
The act says California constitution, I think you mean NH con. JP check out the bill of rights defense committee if your not familiar with them. They promote local action against the patriot act. http://www.bordc.org/index.html

I am very familiar with them and served as Chair of the Billerica chapter for two years.

JP

danhynes

Cool, im gonna use you as a reference, I applied for a summer fellowship position with them this year :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: danhynes on January 28, 2005, 04:45 AM NHFT
Cool, im gonna use you as a reference, I applied for a summer fellowship position with them this year :)

Very good! Make sure you refer to me as Jim C. Perry from Billerica, MA. They do not know I have moved as of yet.

JP

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Jim "JP" Christian Perry on January 28, 2005, 05:19 AM NHFT

Very good! Make sure you refer to me as Jim C. Perry from Billerica, MA. They do not know I have moved as of yet.

JP

How in Hell could anyone in the world not know that YOU ESCAPED from Massachusetts?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 28, 2005, 09:09 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim "JP" Christian Perry on January 28, 2005, 05:19 AM NHFT

JP

How in Hell could anyone in the world not know that YOU ESCAPED from Massachusetts?

LOL, they are Western Massachusettsites... you know how THAT is... takes them YEARS to catch up with anyone....

JP

danhynes

Yeah we are backwards here in Western MA  ;D