• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Report on the 1/27 anti-zoning protest in Hampton

Started by Dave Ridley, January 28, 2005, 03:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I counted 18 of us who showed up for the protest yesterday at Hampton City Hall, not all on the street at the same time of course.

One of the other protestors tell me Schultz was heard to complain that "all these people weren't supposed to be here" or something to that effect.... Would like to hear this from the person who actually heard him since I'm sure it lost some accuracy in transition.

Dave Ridley

There was 1 reporter there; Barbara Burbank and her daughter were there as well as the contractor who developed the room and also their plumber...I'm not counting any of those four in the above count of 18.   The contractor, Paul, was a real trooper and brought us coffee!   

His company is New England System Built Homes; Paul Cole 800 495 1090  www.nesbh.com   

I believe he is giong to speak on Barbara's behalf when she goes before the board.  Speaking of which...the board delayed her part of the hearing or what not until feb 17!   justice delayed/denied....

One of the town cops was very kind and professional, another was aloof but no major problems to report there.

Kat Kanning

Actually, I was mistaken.  The person who was so rude was one of the zoning board members -- the younger man who looked like he could be a boxer or something.  I had been standing in the lobby, no sign or anything, and I was the only one of us in there.  That zoning board man went downstairs and complained loudly to the security guards, "Are they supposed to be in the lobby?"

As for Shultz, he walked by my and I asked him 'how's it going?'  He sort of reluctantly answered.  My quick impression was that he wasn't all that evil.  That zoning board guy was a jerk, though.

It's kind of interesting about the police...tells you a little about the town.  In Dallas they were all over us, much worse than anywhere in NH.  In Keene they did one or two drive bys, but didn't sit there watching us trying to intimidate.  Outside Rockingham courthouse they were non existant, as in Nashua.  Last night was the worst in NH, but not all that bad.

So was Paul Cole the one telling us about the eminent domain?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: katdillon on January 28, 2005, 04:17 AM NHFT
...they did one or two drive bys....
Don't do that to me...I am from LA....when you hear drive-by you think "DUCK"

Lloyd Danforth

Definite KUDOS! to that contractor.  I was tempted to pour some of that coffee on my COLD FEET!

jcpliberty

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 28, 2005, 09:14 AM NHFT
Definite KUDOS! to that contractor.  I was tempted to pour some of that coffee on my COLD FEET!

You hear that ladies? Lloyd has COLD FEET so don't EVER plan on getting MARRIED to him or anything. LOL

JP

Lloyd Danforth

John

" . . . to stand against them."

So, how do we get 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or more Hampton residents to stand with us for the next meeting?

We had some prety supportive honks and waves and comments from folks passing by and that is all very nice, but I was not there for the fan fare.  I came to stand (for hours in the freezing cold) on the side of Liberty and Justice.

Hampton must stand up!
Let your neighbors and town leaders know that the spark of liberty has rekindled a passionate fire for what every school child is taught - " . . . LIBERTY & JUSTICE FOR ALL."  Ask them to honor that pledge.

hamptoninsider

Mrs. Woodward's Attorney wrote a letter to the editor in the Portsmouth Herald today to clarify his client's position.  It should be duly noted in future letters.  It is always easier to protest in another town than ones own.  THERE SHOULD BE 5000 HAMPTON VOTERS READY TO CAST BALLOTS AGAINST BAD ACTORS.  Maybe 15 or 20 will be sparked to take up another cause outside their town or go to Concord to speak for or against legislation.

jcpliberty

Quote from: hamptoninsider on January 28, 2005, 03:06 PM NHFT
Mrs. Woodward's Attorney wrote a letter to the editor in the Portsmouth Herald today to clarify his client's position.  It should be duly noted in future letters.  It is always easier to protest in another town than ones own.  THERE SHOULD BE 5000 HAMPTON VOTERS READY TO CAST BALLOTS AGAINST BAD ACTORS.  Maybe 15 or 20 will be sparked to take up another cause outside their town or go to Concord to speak for or against legislation.

Where is the letter to the editor?

JP

hamptoninsider

Bono, Bill Gates and Bill Clinton attended the World Economic Conference recently.? Bono described a meeting he had with Cong. Lantos (D. CA).? Lantos described to Bono what it was like to watch the faces of people who did nothing as Jewish families were loaded on to cattle cars and lead to the death camps.? Lantos a Hungarian Jew survived one of those train trips as a young boy.? Bono asked him for permission to use his personal story one day soon.? Lantos only asked Bono one critical question and that was how he would you use the information Lantos gave him.? Bono's reply was "that instead of watching the train pull away---that he would be lying down on the tracks in front of the train to stop it."? ?In higher conciousness, no one person should feel the need to take credit or defend their actions.? Like minded people can change a state, country and someday even the world through singlemindness-- be it prayer or action.? The critical piece is discernment,? how many times in history could madmen have been stopped if enough people had taken the courage to act.?

Humility in knowing that your actions have made a huge difference is probably all the thanks you would receive on a good day.? ? On our worst days we are living in the best country in the world.

"....life is a bally battle, so just grin." Robert Service

Kat Kanning

It's nothing like watching Jews loaded into the cattle cars, but to my everlasting shame, I watched the San Francisco police kick at a bum who was lying in an alley on Haight Ashbury.  They kept yelling at him to get up, and kicking him.  He hadn't done anything, the shop owners just didn't want him sleeping on the street.  I hate it that I didn't step up and at least try and stop it.   :(