• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Secession

Started by Russell Kanning, December 19, 2005, 06:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I'm all for it.  I don't give a flip about the rest of the US.  They can find freedom if they wish.

tracysaboe

Quote from: russellkanning on January 02, 2006, 04:05 PM NHFT
I guess I have about 3 issues going.

Personal secession from all governments
Keene Property Tax Revolt
State of NH secession

I was thinking that I only have one statewide issue ..... and that is secession.

What do you guys think of NH secession?

Completely for it. We'd have a lot more freedom and security if Individual states reclaimed their soveranty. But I want NH to secede.  None of this Crap about seceding w/ Vermont and Main etc and then being subservient to a different confederation. NH independence.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

Murray Rothbard: "It was up to me"
http://wconger.blogspot.com/2006/01/murray-rothbard-it-was-up-to-me.html

Why do what is politically correct, when you can do the right thing?

AlanM

Nice article/commentary.  8)

Lex

Quote from: russellkanning on January 11, 2006, 06:10 AM NHFT
Murray Rothbard: "It was up to me"
http://wconger.blogspot.com/2006/01/murray-rothbard-it-was-up-to-me.html

Why do what is politically correct, when you can do the right thing?

Great article!

I sent it to some relatives who have been weary of my radical leanings :-)

incognito

Heard about you guys in the paper and it sounded interesting.  I am not sure how to be apart of this, but I would love to be.  I am independently wealthy and was wondering if anyone was interested in purchasing an island.  We could make it our own country.  If we all got together on this we could have our cake and eat it too!!!!!  Tell me what you think.

Pat McCotter

Already happened. The nearest island government invaded.

KBCraig

Quote from: patmccotter on January 11, 2006, 04:54 PM NHFT
Already happened. The nearest island government invaded.

That's happened a couple of times. There was the island that was taken over by (Fiji? Tahiti?) without guns, and then there's the one in the English Channel.

Kevin

Russell Kanning

Quote from: incognito on January 11, 2006, 04:53 PM NHFT
Heard about you guys in the paper and it sounded interesting.  I am not sure how to be apart of this, but I would love to be.  I am independently wealthy and was wondering if anyone was interested in purchasing an island.  We could make it our own country.  If we all got together on this we could have our cake and eat it too!!!!!  Tell me what you think.
Do it.
How much money do you have? Are we talking an uninhabited island or Manhattan?

incognito

I don't see a problem with invasions.  As long as we declare our neutrality we should be fine.  Look at Costa Rica and Switzerland.  Both great places and Costa Rica doesn't even have an army.  Their crime rate is extremely low.  I vacation down near the Panamanian border and they have it made!  I just see a lot of wasted time here in the US.  If you really think about it, you aren't going to make big changes here like you want.  We need to start fresh and establish our own set of rules and regulations.

incognito

Quote from: russellkanning on January 02, 2006, 04:05 PM NHFT
I guess I have about 3 issues going.

Personal secession from all governments
Keene Property Tax Revolt
State of NH secession

I was thinking that I only have one statewide issue ..... and that is secession.

What do you guys think of NH secession?
I am not arguing here, just making a point.  Don't you think that the majority of the people want to stay apart of the United States.  I think a secession is impossible.  You would need a LOT of people to do that.  How many are in your group?  There only seems to be a couple dozen in here...Tell me what you think.

AlanM

In talking to people here in NH, I am hearing a lot of folks are just plain fed up with the Feds. When I suggest secession, they nod their heads in agreement.

Lex

Quote from: incognito on January 14, 2006, 09:56 PM NHFT
I don't see a problem with invasions.  As long as we declare our neutrality we should be fine.  Look at Costa Rica and Switzerland.  Both great places and Costa Rica doesn't even have an army.  Their crime rate is extremely low.  I vacation down near the Panamanian border and they have it made!  I just see a lot of wasted time here in the US.  If you really think about it, you aren't going to make big changes here like you want.  We need to start fresh and establish our own set of rules and regulations.

How do you figure that your version of the rules and regulations will be better then the existing rules and regulations?

Caleb

I'm with Alan.  There is TREMENDOUS support for secession here in NH.  Now granted, there isn't a lot of optimism that its possible ...

But I honestly believe it would win a referendum vote.   People don't realize how much support there is for it.

I went to a campaign event today and was myself surprised.  These people are not "Libertarians" ... most of them are liberal democrats.  But nearly everyone I mentioned secession to was favorable to it.  I mentioned it among the peace protesters today too, and found hearty support for the idea, even among state representatives!

Buying an island is too easy.  By that I mean no one has to truly make a sacrifice for their liberty, so they don't appreciate how precious it is.  I prefer to duke it out now and win.

Caleb

AlanM

Both old and young, I hear people say every day, "When does the revolution start."