• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My brilliant business idea

Started by Caleb, December 19, 2005, 07:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

Caleb, I hate to tell you, but as it's been demonstrated, there's no market for that ;). There are a billion DRM-cracking apps out there for various platforms. Now if you can take those MP3 players, hack the firmware, and make them do other cool stuff for cheap, then we'd be getting somewhere!

aries

You could try contacting creative labs about bulk orders of unmarked muvos

They are really convenient, just a little USB stick that shows up as a drive in Windows, mac or linux. They require no software, small enough to wear with a neck lanyard, really durable and cheap too. Also they take regular ol' AAA batteries so the battery life stays the same for the life of the unit - around 12 hours at medium volume.
I use rechargeable AAAs that only get about 6 hours, to save a little $$

b1ueemu

I second the notion regarding Linux. Something I've always been curious about is how other libertarians and liberty-lovers think of copyright and intellectual property law. Do you support a brief copyright and patent period for the benefit of the public commons or a long one (or seemingly perpetual, as is now the case) to ensure the maximum property rights?

James

MaineShark

Quote from: b1ueemu on May 12, 2006, 10:34 PM NHFTSomething I've always been curious about is how other libertarians and liberty-lovers think of copyright and intellectual property law. Do you support a brief copyright and patent period for the benefit of the public commons or a long one (or seemingly perpetual, as is now the case) to ensure the maximum property rights?

Copyright?  Patent?  You mean, like having thugs from the government go and attack people for daring to compete with me?  No, I don't support either.

To steal someone's property, you would have to deprive him of it.  If I build a widget and you see it and build your own, you haven't deprived me of mine.  I still have it.  "Intellectual property" is a nonsense notion.  If I don't want you to build your own widget, I should let you look at it.  Or, if I want you to look at it but not build your own, I should make you sign a contract declaring that you will not, in which case I could go after you for breach of contract if you did.

Joe

CNHT

iTunes will play 'protected' files and also will unprotect them if you follow the right import process.