• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Proof of heaven?

Started by Raineyrocks, November 14, 2012, 09:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I didn't paste the entire article here, it's pretty long, however I thought it might be an interesting topic. :)  The guy wrote a book as many people that have NDEs do so I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one.  There was also a guy that claimed he was a christian and had a NDE or a realistic dream of hell and wrote a book about it too, so I don't know what it all means. :-\

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037917_Proof_of_Heaven_afterlife_Creator.html#ixzz2CDAf1iOZ

'Proof of Heaven' documents existence of afterlife, multiverse, intelligent life beyond Earth, multidimensional realities

Monday, November 12, 2012
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com   

(NaturalNews) There's a secret that's much bigger than politics, health freedom, science or even the entire history of the human race. That secret remains entirely unacknowledged -- even condemned -- by the scientific community, and yet it is the single most important secret about everything that is. Yes, everything.

That secret is simply this: We all survive the physical death of our bodies. Our consciousness lives on, and upon our death in this Earthly dream, our consciousness transcends this physical reality and experiences an existence so amazing and powerful that the human language cannot even begin to describe it.

This is the message from Dr. Eben Alexander, author of the newly-published book, "Proof of Heaven." I recently read the book and found it both fascinating and also confirming of several important theories I've been developing about the nature of life and the Creator.

A lifelong science skeptic who never believed in God, Heaven or consciousness
Long before this book was ever written, Dr. Alexander was a practicing neurosurgeon and a lifelong "science skeptic." He did not believe in consciousness, free will or the existence of a non-physical spirit. Trained in western medical school and surrounded by medical colleagues who are deeply invested in the materialism view of the universe, Dr. Alexander believed that so-called "consciousness" was only an illusion created by the biochemical functioning of the brain.

This is a view held by virtually all of today's mainstream scientists, including physicists like Stephen Hawking who say that human beings are nothing more than "biological robots" with no consciousness and no free will.

Dr. Alexander would have held this view to his own death bed had it not been for his experiencing an event so bizarre and miraculous that it defies all conventional scientific explanation: Dr. Alexander "died" for seven days and experienced a vivid journey into the afterlife. He then returned to his physical body, experienced a miraculous healing, and went on to write the book "Proof of Heaven."

Jim Johnson

Raineyrocks

Quote from: jerry on November 14, 2012, 12:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 14, 2012, 11:49 AM NHFT
tripe

Brain damage.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201104/religious-beliefs-divine-revelations-or-mental-disorder

I'm not exactly sure how this fits in with this guy's experience though?  He claims that he is/was, 'A lifelong science skeptic who never believed in God, Heaven or consciousness'.

I just don't understand how there can be any scientific basis on near death experiences when the question, was that person "really" dead, still remains.   In my opinion, they are interesting stories and I don't doubt all of the people that have had them but I view dead as just not waking up again.  In the words of NDE the "N" stands for near, right?

I personally find the Pineal Gland theories to be more interesting and logical.   http://www.viewzone.com/pineal.html and http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-10/fyi-what-causes-near-death-experiences and there are tons more of course. :)