• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Go home you Freestaters

Started by jerryswife, January 06, 2013, 03:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryswife

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130104/NEWS0602/121229960

Just to clarify, I think Chase is a bigoted idiot who should go back to RI.

Jim Johnson

Democrat Shoots Self Using Political Gun

Russell Kanning

jerryswife

I came across a quote by the late, great Sydney Harris today, that is germaine to the attitude discussion of the Rhode Islander' remark, "Conventional society has as its guiding, unspoken, maxim the censorious attitude: If we can't make the unconventional people act like us, the least we can do is make them miserable."

Russell Kanning

Sam A. Robrin

I expressed it thusly in this excerpt from a song:

You're crazy, nutty, weird, insane, you're different, you're strange—
   Unfit for human company unless you start to change.
   We'd excise the offending parts, but don't think that they're scissorable,
   And so we'll compensate by making your existence miserable.

(And man, was that final rhyme-pair a challenge!)

lildog

The more I read about this and the more I read of those defending Rep Chase, the more I'm just out right amazed how some of these people can continue to get elected.

Rep Jim Splaine publicly called Rep Chase's comments an example of "good speech" which should be protected and supported.  Then attempted to spin this into a free speech argument instead of focusing on the fact we have a state rep who publicly called for limits on the rights on what is basically a minority group.

When I attempted to call him on it he in turn spun it around yet again claiming ""Pro-freedom" and "anti-freedom" is a matter of perspective".

MaineShark

I do like the title, though.

Because New Hampshire is my home.

Russell Kanning

Maybe they are put in office but no one votes for them.
Maybe she will limit your speech but hers will be protected.