• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

3D dove

Started by John, January 08, 2013, 05:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 26, 2013, 10:40 AM NHFTWhy doesn't seem to be very powerful on this thread.

;D

Sometimes we see things as they could be, and simply say, "Why not?"

;)

Pat K

Lately the phrase What The Fuck ! Seems to need to be used a lot.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on January 26, 2013, 04:16 PM NHFT

That's salty sailor talk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzxchU4RUY

John

This morning's wave of gentle snow allowed me to reestablish the pattern around the 3D, PLEASE DON'T TREAD ON OTHERS Peace dove. I also placed a 3+ foot high marker at the center-point just in case the weather hype is a case of under-hyping - as if that ever happens.

I'll also go out occasionally and clear some of the "Purple Art 4 Peace" as the snow accumulates.

;D

Wanna know why?
Because God told me to.

(file photo)

John

This combo painting/snow sculpture (just from the purple to the hoop) is longer and wider than a pro basketball court.

I'm gonna have to have a picture taken with me standing near the 3D Peace dove.

MaineShark

But John... you could have been attending budget committee meetings, instead of doing that.

Where are your priorities?!

(obviously, they are in the right place)

KBCraig

Happy birthday, John!

John

Thanks for the birthday greetings. :) I use Feb. 14 to celebrate my "birthday" for two reasons:
I finally began my move to NH in mid-Feb. 2004 after promising myself that I would, for many years, and because it appears that on Valentines Day "Mommy and Daddy" did "the hard work" of giving me this body to live in. :)
Thanks Mom and Dad.
So far in ths life: While (for about a half-century)  I've been (and continue to be) so rough on this body that (in some ways) it seems I'm wearing it out; and during the same time, I've been able to repair my spirit to the point that I've (unexpectedly) experienced a sense of true "Nirvana" comeing over me 3 times in the past several years.
To me, fixing ones spirit before totally wearing out ones body is "SUCCESS!!"
With help from all around, and above - I think, "I've made it." <3
Thanks every one. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUt7bonGoXw

"Cat Stevens - Miles From Nowhere"

Miles from nowhere
I guess Ill take my time
Oh yeah, to reach there

Look up at the mountain
I have to climb
Oh yeah, to reach there.

Lord my body has been a good friend
But I wont need it when I reach the end

Miles from nowhere
Guess Ill take my time
Oh yeah, to reach there

I creep through the valleys
And I grope through the woods
cause I know when I find it my honey
Its gonna make me feel good

I love everything
So dont it make you feel sad
cause Ill drink to you, my baby
Ill think to that, Ill think to that.

Miles from nowhere
Not a soul in sight
Oh yeah, but its alright

I have my freedom
I can make my own rules
Oh yeah, the ones that I choose

Lord my body has been a good friend
But I wont need it when I reach the end

Miles from nowhere
Guess Ill take my time
Oh yeah, to reach there.

KBCraig

Quote from: John on February 14, 2013, 05:30 PM NHFT
...it appears that on Valentines Day "Mommy and Daddy" did "the hard work" of giving me this body to live in...

I understand... this was our 11th wedding anniversary, which means it is 9 months and 1 day until John David's 11th birthday.  ;D

John

"Glacial retreat" of Snow Art 4 Peace.
...Only 4 hours work/play today... I've had several people tell me to, "Be careful, because you can have a heart attack shoveling snow if you are not used to it." My relpy? "Trust me: I'm very very used to it."

Today the combo painting/snow sculpture started going back towards "just" a painting.

When enough snow is gone from this end of the parking lot, the gezebo i bought for last year's Apple Festival will go into the parking lot and become a place for outdoor music and other fun suff.
We'll likely have a grill in the parking lot (for "pot luck" and donation-based cooking) this year as well.

Russell Kanning

I am sending you some more snow to work with.:-)
Maybe next year a hockey rink over the purple since you can still see it.:-)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on January 26, 2013, 04:16 PM NHFT

Yeah, that's one of my favorite phrases! >:D   I also have this theory why mince words when fuck you says it all.  ;D

Raineyrocks

Oh man, I'm sorry John for putting my swear words on such a nice post but Pat made me do it! ;D

Damn it Pat you bring out the worst in me!  :evil5:

John

John

Almost every bit of the snow surrounding the PLEASE DON'T TREAD ON OTHERS dove was gone yesterday.
Today's work on this Art 4 Peace parking lot painting/snow sculpture took well over half the day, while working at a quite vigorous pace.

The art in this picture is about 125 X 60 feet.