• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ah, ha, here's a moral dilemna I have and would love some input

Started by Raineyrocks, January 15, 2013, 09:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

;D

Okay so tonight I listened to this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VACzNHB0yuA it's over 2 hrs though so I'm pretty sure no one will want to sit through watching it.  So after watching it I looked up some information on "new age" stuff and satanic sneakiness of how this stuff can really lead people off the path of having trust in God.

I'm not sure if anyone else would get the same message as I did but it doesn't matter because now it's in my brain and gut; right vs. wrong. ::)   I'm thinking that I should get rid of all of my crystals, new age books, and cds but to list them on Amazon would be just spreading evil stuff around, right?  I need money but can't money be a root to evil?  Shouldn't I just trust in God to take care of me the way he always has?  So I should just throw all of this stuff away, right?

Here's how I am thinking of the new age stuff I have and I know everyone isn't going to have the same view as me.  If I count on crystals to do this or that good thing for me then I'm not relying on God, if meditation can allow evil entities to have control of aspects in my life then I don't want to meditate and if the new age books I have focus on reincarnation, all of us being part of one big energy source then they are making God no part of my life, I think, right?

I'm still not sure about the bible but I'm looking into that more too because I'm starting to think just maybe it does all fit somehow even though I don't want to join a religion.  Aren't the wrong things to do usually the easiest and the right things the hardest or do I just make it that way in my head?  If I just ditch all of this stuff I know it means I need to move on to other things too like horror movies, and whatever else I have that is evil but I'm trying to deal with one issue at a time.

Also, somehow I ended up on this website that said the bible says masturbation, sex toys, oral sex, and anal sex are a sin has anyone else read this?  I know I can't base my life off of everything I read on the internet but a lot of this isn't stuff I'm reading these people are showing proof!  Did you know that Sara Coventry, (sp?) jewelry has satanic symbols on it?

Kat Kanning

Raineyrocks

Kat Kanning

The second story here came to mind when I read your post....

http://worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=6467

...just regarding why it's better to get rid of such things, not that you're possessed or anything :)

Jim Johnson

That post shows that you are not "trying to deal with one thing at a time".

Money is not a root of evil.
Your crystals will make a nice decoration on something.  Give them to me I'll make an ugly lamp base.
Your right, don't spread that stupid new age shit around... it's not evil, it's just stupid.
Seek what is good for yourself and you won't have to believe in anything but yourself.
Why do you have to move from crystals to horror movies?  Why not comedys or 80's feel good movies?

How in the fuck could meditation let in evil entities?

Religious doctrine is the worst place to get sex advice.

Proof should always be examined for what it really is.

In what possible way could it affect your life for Sara Coventry to have satanic symbols on what ever... rings or bracelets or toilet seat covers?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 16, 2013, 12:16 AM NHFT
The second story here came to mind when I read your post....

http://worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=6467

...just regarding why it's better to get rid of such things, not that you're possessed or anything :)

Thanks Kat  :)  Interesting story and I wonder if that's why so many strange things have happened in this house, remember my house is haunted thread?  I just bought this stuff a little while before we moved here and then more once we moved otherwise I was never really into using crystals for healing or any of the other stuff.  Another thought too, I used to think the "new age " stuff was creepy until I got into a car accident and started taking pain pills which totally messed up my whole perception of a lot of things. 

Interesting, I'm so glad I watched that video tonight maybe this will be a positive turning point.  Gosh, I just got done watching youtube videos of Hollywood and all the satanic symbolism there.  I guess I'm going to tackle getting rid of movies next.   I've got to admit "cleaning house" feels good but scary too. 

I just feel creepy selling this stuff or giving it away I feel like it needs to be trashed.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 16, 2013, 12:26 AM NHFT

Your crystals will make a nice decoration on something.  Give them to me I'll make an ugly lamp base.
Your right, don't spread that stupid new age shit around... it's not evil, it's just stupid.
Seek what is good for yourself and you won't have to believe in anything but yourself.
Why do you have to move from crystals to horror movies?  Why not comedys or 80's feel good movies?

In what possible way could it affect your life for Sara Coventry to have satanic symbols on what ever... rings or bracelets or toilet seat covers?

I think money can be a root of evil, I guess like a lot of things if you let it affect you from doing what you know is right.  Meditation leaves you "open", at least deep meditation, and there's a lot of stuff out there that we don't is there.  I agree with you about religion and sex. :)
Think about it if I was wearing jewelry with satanic symbols what kind of energy am I throwing off or receiving?  It makes total sense to me. :)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 16, 2013, 12:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 16, 2013, 12:26 AM NHFT

I think money can be a root of evil, I guess like a lot of things if you let it affect you from doing what you know is right.  Meditation leaves you "open", at least deep meditation, and there's a lot of stuff out there that we don't is there.  I agree with you about religion and sex. :)
Think about it if I was wearing jewelry with satanic symbols what kind of energy am I throwing off or receiving?  It makes total sense to me. :)

You are equivocating on the word energy by saying; people have emotions that you are aware of, therefore this object has a physical property.  And by equivocating I mean your assertion is wrong. 

In the same manner, money is nothing with out someone applying their values to it.  Money is not evil.  If your going to do things you think are evil to get money, that's you not the money.

Tom Sawyer

The actual quote from the bible is
QuoteFor the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. -1 Timothy 6:10

A musician friend of mine "found religion" and was told to burn his Black Sabbath albums...

Obviously they were going by the marketing guys selling the whole Ozzie "Dark Lord" angle which was designed to scare the teenager's parents and the kids will buy the albums angle.

In fact their lyrics were not Satanic. The "christian right wingers" promote war, while Sabbath created lyrics against war.

An example
War Pigs
QuoteGenerals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!

The only power crystals hold are what someone thinks they hold. They were created by god right? If you are looking to them to have magical powers then like Jim says you would be letting stupid into your life. Stupid is a sin.  ;D

Many people promote fear to "sell" their ideas. How you and your husband share sexual fun is not going to be a "sin". Cheating, lying and creating the conditions that leave your children without both parents is.

Many "Christians" would throw Jesus in jail today... after all he hung out with thieves and whores and was anti-government. Be careful to not confuse the social conservatives that "worship" their pious traditions ie. wear nice clothes on Sunday and pretend that war is not evil, with the true Jesus followers.

Here is a work that Russell turned me onto...
"THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU"
CHRISTIANITY NOT AS A MYSTIC RELIGION
BUT AS A NEW THEORY OF LIFE
LEO TOLSTOI

http://www.aibi.ph/politics/DOCS/Tolstoy/withinyou.html

Kat Kanning

Rainey, if you feel funny about putting the new age stuff in the hands of someone else, then maybe throwing it away is best.

Pat K

Jim Johnson

Inspector Clouseau:  I see you are using the old Barbed Wire Toilet seat Ploy.

Agent Smart:  Ah, the old barbed wire toilet seat trick.

Stefan Molyneux:  I'm sure the people in government believe that this devise is worth every penny of the ten billion dollars it took to develop.  And, no one should expect that the government could come up with anything accept a ten billion dollar barbwire toilet set.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Regarding where the different races came from, the sons of noah were all different colors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 16, 2013, 07:16 AM NHFT
The actual quote from the bible is
QuoteFor the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. -1 Timothy 6:10

A musician friend of mine "found religion" and was told to burn his Black Sabbath albums...

Obviously they were going by the marketing guys selling the whole Ozzie "Dark Lord" angle which was designed to scare the teenager's parents and the kids will buy the albums angle.

In fact their lyrics were not Satanic. The "christian right wingers" promote war, while Sabbath created lyrics against war.

An example
War Pigs
QuoteGenerals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!

The only power crystals hold are what someone thinks they hold. They were created by god right? If you are looking to them to have magical powers then like Jim says you would be letting stupid into your life. Stupid is a sin.  ;D

Many people promote fear to "sell" their ideas. How you and your husband share sexual fun is not going to be a "sin". Cheating, lying and creating the conditions that leave your children without both parents is.

Many "Christians" would throw Jesus in jail today... after all he hung out with thieves and whores and was anti-government. Be careful to not confuse the social conservatives that "worship" their pious traditions ie. wear nice clothes on Sunday and pretend that war is not evil, with the true Jesus followers.

Here is a work that Russell turned me onto...
"THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU"
CHRISTIANITY NOT AS A MYSTIC RELIGION
BUT AS A NEW THEORY OF LIFE
LEO TOLSTOI

http://www.aibi.ph/politics/DOCS/Tolstoy/withinyou.html

I get it now, thanks Tom! :)  I did believe the crystals had magical powers so yeah I let stupid in.  :P  The crystals are supposed to be for healing and stuff; is that the same as believing they have magical powers?  I also have a crystal pendelum that I used to ask questions to and wait for it to move in a certain direction for the answer.

There is no way I was going to become conservative or even a christian, I don't believe in any one religion and hope I never will again.  I met the most two-faced, hypocritical people in church, it was horrible.  I think Jesus would not have liked these people. :-\   I was just worried that maybe I'd be selling things that could be used against God's will and didn't want to do that.   

As far as sex with Rick, yeah, there was no way I was going to give up great parts of our sex life.  I was just surprised there were so many rules when it came to sex.

Thanks! :)