• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

fiJURORa warrant article -at long last

Started by John, February 06, 2013, 11:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Our warrant article going into deiberative session this Saturday in Grafton, NH:

" To see if the Town shall notify the voters of Grafton of their natural
and historic right and responsibility as jurors, sitting on juries in
all cases including grand juries, to judge the law as well as the facts
before them, a right recognized by the State of New Hampshire with the
passage of HB146 (Laws of 2012, c. 243) and codified as RSA 519:23-a,
which states that "in all criminal proceedings the court shall permit
the defense to inform the jury of its right to judge the facts and the
application of the law in relation to the facts in controversy." The
information shall be sent by the Town to all voters individually via
first-class mail, and shall be prepared entirely by volunteers,
information which may include pamphlets prepared by the Fully Informed
Jury Association, a federally-recognized 501(c)(3) organization. All
costs shall be paid using voluntarily raised funds."

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LElHztREucE

My idea from about 5 years ago is, at long last, happening.
Jeremy Olson also of Grafton, and of NHLiberty . org helped with the wording on this warrant article.

Pat K

John

The original idea was for a JUROR warrant article which would inform all potential JURORs via town mailing, but that it MUST NOT cost my neighbors anything other than voluntary contributions.

More information about how/why this idea evolved and grew will likely appear in the Fully Informed Jury [JURORS] Association's newsletter.

John

Snow storm Saturday. Moved Grafton deliberative session to tonight. Got back here around 2a.m.

Tonight i mostly had a chance the speak about the warrant article for several minutes at deliberative sesion, which gave some of the (most active) Grafton folks their first introduction to the issue.
Got some questions which i think i can handle as well as anyone around these parts since i've been at "JUROR info outreach" since the very early 90s.

More later on those specifics. I'll write something up by this time next week.

Peace

firecracker joe

good job john,I hope people know about  fija in carroll county for when i go to trial . If a trial is warranted

John

KBCraig

Quote from: firecracker joe on February 12, 2013, 12:07 PM NHFT
good job john,I hope people know about  fija in carroll county for when i go to trial . If a trial is warranted

If you have an appearance before a state jury, it's already the law that you can inform them about nullification. It took effect January 1.

John

Knock knock.
Who's there?
FIJA.
Another FIJA? Which FIJA?
Fully Informed Juror Article.

So, what is this Fully Informed Juror Article?
Fully Informed Juror (warrant) Article(s) is an effort to inform every potential Juror (starting) in the town of Grafton, NH of their inherent rights and responsibilities as (regular and grand) Jurors long before they are in a situation where they need to know, but are hearing about these ideas for the very first time.

The idea behind this bold new Juror info outreach is to start putting warrant articles before town-meetings - and to fund these info outreach efforts voluntarily.

Jeremy Olson (research director) of New Hampshire Liberty Alliance helped John Connell (founder) of Peaceful Assembly Church (in Grafton Center) with model wording being used in Grafton.

The town of Grafton, NH will vote on this article in March: [insert article]

p.s. - I'm working on signs, and a mailer to send out before Grafton's town meeting,
Draft wording of postcard mailer:

"
Be a Fully Informed Juror - Vote YES on article 18

- Learn about your powerful rights and responsibilities as a regular and/or grand Juror
- Restore these traditional and historic Juror rights for your children and grandchildren, now (before it is too late)
- Learn what lawyers, judges, and politicians don't want you to know

If you are involved in a current or upcoming (including civil) case, PLEASE don't wait.
Get your free info right away. Contact:
1-800-TEL-JURY and/or FIJA. org

Please let others know to also vote YES on article 18. Thanks!
"

p.p.s. - One person has offered $20 support - if this passes.
I'm putting lots of effort into seeing that this happens.

If anyone wants to support me in this (or in any of my other efforts), I'm at:
John Connell
c/o Peaceful Assembly Church
860 Main St. (Rt. 4)
Grafton Center, NH 03240

John

Started layout (with someone who has publishing software) of postcards last night... lots of work to go.

Worked on wooden, hand-painted signs today. 4 signs "1/2" done.

John

4 signs painted and planted. 1 on each end of town, 1 across from volunteer fire and ambulance building, and this 1 on the green in Grafton Center, across from Peaceful Assembly Church.

Silent_Bob

Quote from: John on February 22, 2013, 02:50 PM NHFT
4 signs painted and planted. 1 on each end of town, 1 across from volunteer fire and ambulance building, and this 1 on the green in Grafton Center, across from Peaceful Assembly Church.

I was wondering which warrant article the signs were referring to... :)

Russell Kanning

John

:) & :)

Grafton warrant article 18 (Juror info) is intended to inform folks regardless of pass or fail - which has always been one of our goals in the fiJURORactivist movement.
Additionally, I've decided that regardless of pass or fail here in Grafton, I'll be sending Juror info to the entire town anyway.
If by chance article 18 fails, why should we let that take any wind out of our sails?
Regardless of pass or fail, folks in Grafton will likely be as interested in this issue as ever. Why not reach them all while we have their attention? ;)
One guy has committed to kick in $20 if #18 passes. When Tom Ploszaj heard that I will send Juror info out regardless, he kicked in $20 today.
Anyone else interested in contributing a few bucks can send it to:
John Connell
c/o Peaceful Assembly Church
860 Main St. (Rt. 4)
Grafton Center
Grafton, NH 03240

Russell Kanning

Good idea
Can't let the election cycle hold you back:-)