• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to approach a situation with my mother........please help me

Started by Raineyrocks, February 11, 2013, 08:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

My mother and I have always had issues with each other and I don't know what to do...........

When I first moved up here she sent me a nasty letter accussing me of wanting to get further away from "the family" and that wasn't true at all so finally after about 3 yrs. we moved past that issue.  We began texting with each other on our tracfones for a couple of yrs and everything was great until she just stopped responding to my texts.

I got tired of feeling like I was a disposable daughter so I sent her 1 last text a little over a year ago letting her know that I didn't understand why she wasn't texting me like she used to and that I wasn't going to stay in touch with her anymore until things were okay again.  Well I haven't heard from her since then and I miss her but don't know what in the world to say in a letter, (she doesn't turn her phone on anymore), to try to reconnect with her.

My oldest daughter has always been really close to her and my mother never, ever ignored her until recently and Laura has no idea why either.  I'd hate to leave things as they are because I miss her and wish I'd never even written the last text that I did but I was hoping she would tell me why she wasn't texting with me like she had been.  She lives in a mother-in-law apartment on top of my brother's house and I've asked him what is wrong with her and he says, "she's just being fucking weird".   I don't know how to find out if she's okay because this is my brother's usual answer and I don't know of anyone else that has contact with her.

Jim Johnson

The simple answer is, if you don't like being around her, don't be around her.

Other wise you need to talk to someone in depth about the relationship you have with your mother.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 11, 2013, 02:43 PM NHFT

Other wise you need to talk to someone in depth about the relationship you have with your mother.

I do like being around her sometimes and I'm sure that works both ways to be fair to her :)  Really the only person I can think of is Rick and he always says, "I don't know". :-\

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Raineyrocks on February 11, 2013, 04:09 PM NHFT

I do like being around her sometimes and I'm sure that works both ways to be fair to her :)  Really the only person I can think of is Rick and he always says, "I don't know". :-\

I was referring to someone who has studied in the arts of relationships.  More than likely it will not be someone you currently know... unless you already know a relationship therapist... who is not providing you help.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 11, 2013, 04:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on February 11, 2013, 04:09 PM NHFT

I was referring to someone who has studied in the arts of relationships.  More than likely it will not be someone you currently know... unless you already know a relationship therapist... who is not providing you help.

Ha, ha!  :P I like getting advice from people I like not a therapist that I pay.  You guys are probably smarter than them :)