• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Screw you, Ohio.

Started by Jim Johnson, March 22, 2013, 01:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Prosecutor seeks death penalty for Punxsutawney Phil

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/ohio-prosecutor-reportedly-seeking-death-penalty-for-punxsutawney-phil/

Prosecutorial jokes are on the same level as dead baby jokes.

Free libertarian

Shouldn't that prosecutor be doing some "work"... you know like fucking over some victimless crime perpetrators or something ?

So I'm wondering, if Phil went to trial would he be forced to use his given name, his "groundhog" name ?  Or would he rise up and state, I am NOT a ground hog!! I am a WOODCHUCK!!  Phil Freechuck, yeah, that's my name.

Raineyrocks

I read this too and I think it's bullshit! Poor little groundhog :(

jerry

Just more prosecutorial overreach.  Phil is a PENNSYLVANIA groundhog.
Where does this OHIO prosecutor get off thinking he has jurisdiction?

Anyway, Phil already has a lawyer to fight extradition, as well as a 15 man armed security team.

What's the complaint anyway?  Phil never promised Ohio an early spring.
Weather reports from Pennsylvania indicate a normal spring...the snowdrifts are under 4 feet and the sun comes out for several hours each day.

I think he's just jealous that PA has such a fine specimen (see picture) while Ohio is still using those canned groundhogs.

Silent_Bob

Not at all, Ohio has long arm jurisdiction since Phil's prediction affected commerce in Ohio.

Jim Johnson

That's funny... someone from Ohio with his head up someone else's can.

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 25, 2013, 03:47 PM NHFT
That's funny... someone from Ohio with his head up someone else's can.

...as long as it keeps him out of the cabbage!

jerry

Phil became despondent when the prosecutor demanded that he accept a plea agreement with a 35 year prison sentence.

Jim Johnson

"I hope it snows in Ohio forever."  -Grumpy Cat