• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moose alert

Started by Jim Johnson, April 12, 2013, 08:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I saw a moose.    :D
It was on the 101, east of Peterborough.
It crossed about 50yds in front of me, I saw him coming from the right.
The guy behind me almost hit me, because I break for moose that are as big as my van.
I've been in New Hampshire almost 8 years and that was my first.

Becky Thatcher

Cool!!  I'm so jealous...We've been here about 16 years and I have never seen one. :(  Tom and the former prez on the other hand have seen three!  One was right down the road in a neighbour's yard. :)

There was also one that made the front page of the paper when he strolled right through town on main street.  :D

Kat Kanning

Wow, I saw bunches of them.  :o  It helps if you drive around  at dawn or dusk.

firecracker joe

:)  I love seeing mooses, ive seen many up in coos county if you drive between berlin and pittsburg in the early am or around dusk i'd say there is a 70% chance you will see atlest 1 moose they are majestic.

Kat Kanning

Goofy looking, I'd call it :)  But I like seeing them too!

MaineShark

Saw a Mack hit a moose, once.  The moose walked away.  The Mack was dead on the scene.  I'm sure the moose died later, but it did live longer than the truck...

KBCraig

Quote from: MaineShark on April 14, 2013, 10:27 AM NHFT
Saw a Mack hit a moose, once.  The moose walked away.  The Mack was dead on the scene.  I'm sure the moose died later, but it did live longer than the truck...

Common police report in Coos County: "Police responded to a moose-vehicle collision on Route 110. The moose was last seen running into the woods. The vehicle was totalled and towed from the scene."

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 13, 2013, 12:21 PM NHFT
It helps if you drive around  at dawn or dusk.

That's when I don't want to encounter a moose, because they do crazy things like crash through your windshield.

Jim Johnson

Moose should have lighted license numbers and be required to stop after an accident.  That would save the State a ju-be-job of moneys in accident stuff from uninsured moose.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

we have some stills and video of them in the front yard in Grafton

KBCraig

I saw my first moose Sunday morning, just south of the Flume Gorge exit.

She was definitely less-than-ambulatory, laid out on the shoulder of I-93.

Russell Kanning

Funny
I have never seen a dead one. Just saw a poor baby deer in Oregon.

Free libertarian

Had a good sized bull moose in my blueberry patch the other morning....no freezer....moose is safe....this time.

Russell Kanning