• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anti-war demonstrators in Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, December 23, 2005, 04:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

LTE from the Sentinel.  Hey, did you know we were getting paid by moveon.org?   ::)

Anti-war demonstrators are local people

To The Sentinel:

I must respond to Kevin Leandro?s Dec. 15 letter in The Sentinel.

He insinuates the war protestors in Keene at their weekly Saturday vigil at Central Square are paid by moveon.org, an organization he states ?would like nothing more than see the U.S. defeated in the Middle East.? He also suggests that peace vigilers are not welcome in Keene.

I am one of a group of local people who have been at this vigil every Saturday since shortly after 9/11. If Mr. Leandro had stopped to talk to us he would have found we are not an organized group, nor do we represent any organization.

We include carpenters, professors, housewives, state representatives, ministers, college students, among others, from Keene and nearby towns. We come to the square on Saturday between 11 a.m. and noon because we believe peace is possible and desirable.

As for not being welcome in Keene, I?m happy to report that in the last few weeks positive responses from people in cars passing by, have been 75 to 100; negative responses only one or two. We are grateful to live in a country that allows us to protest the war in public, and in an area where so many people agree with us.

MEG BARDEN CLINE

mvpel

Russell Kanning

moveon.org? hahahahahaha that must be a laugh for the little old ladies with peace signs ..... moveon.org

Caleb

Wow.  I wish I could get some of that funding from MoveOn.org.  When does my paycheck come in?  ::)

Why is it so hard to believe that people could actually be against an inethical war?

Caleb

Kat Kanning

It would force them to reconsider their own beliefs?

KBCraig

Reconsider? No. It would force them to consider their beliefs for the first time.

(To be fair, there are many on the anti-war side who are just as knee-jerk.)

Kevin