• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

All My Sins

Started by Alex Libman, May 25, 2013, 12:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

After posting over 700 times, the board of review for name selection (I just made that one up) has put in a motion to rename Silent Bob, to not very talkative Bob.

...and I sense with his recent demeanor, he could be vying for my position as Jr. Asst. Curmudgeon.   ;D

Kat Kanning

Alex Libman

Bulldozers demolishing parts of Tent City as I write this...

So, when I get to New Hampshire, Silent_Bob...

The two of us...

... are going to hug it out!   :D

Kat Kanning

Bummer re: bulldozers.

jerry

Alex Libman

::pain::

* Alex Libman again crosses the Free State Project off, and re-arranges his life plans accordingly...

Kat Kanning

...left wondering what happened there.....

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 25, 2013, 07:57 AM NHFT
...left wondering what happened there.....

Whatever it was, you can be sure it was All About Alex.

Jim Johnson

I was going to say that Alex should sell screen doors to submarine commanders to get use to a little rejection... but then that's kind of what he's been doing around here, selling an idea that no one can use. 

That can only mean that he likes the rejection, so he'll be back.

Tom Sawyer

The thread title keeps making me think of My Three Sons, or is it All My Children.... All My Sins, with your Host Alex Libman.

Quote from: Alex Libman on June 25, 2013, 07:55 AM NHFT
::pain::

* Alex Libman again crosses the Free State Project off, and re-arranges his life plans accordingly...

Well I see that you realize that Jerry and "Not as Silent as He Once was" Bob are the Official screeners for the FSP... if they say go away, well you can't move to New Hampshire!

Alex Libman

OK, so some people have come onto this personal thread looking to insult me.  (And it is, indeed, a very personal thread.)

Insulting me isn't much of an accomplishment.  I am a fat isolated socially-retarded homeless bum with Clinical Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, and all that other fun stuff.  I've been very transparent over the years about the fact that, for all my reverence of logic, I am at times utterly overwhelmed with emotion.  Yes, you can hurt me.  It's like kicking a lame chicken...

What makes me particularly vulnerable to your scorn is that I have a lot of respect for the "liberty folks" in New Hampshire, with on-and-off aspirations of joining you someday when I am ready, and what people like you think about me matters to me a great deal.  If any of your criticism had been constructive, I would have processed and answered it constructively.

There is no shortage of places on the Internet where I can plant my bits.  I am very much capable of self-hosting (and maybe even self-actualizing) my ideas, in a place where malicious people wouldn't be able to get a word in.  But this isn't what I want - I like openness, and further isolation is scary...  Many of the things I have to confess are porcupine-related, and I do not want them hidden in obscurity.  The reason why this thread is located here (especially after my... misunderstandings... with Ian) is a tribute to Kat Kanning.

So, in conclusion: I love you guys:)

Please just ignore my "endless (introspective) debate and whining", if you wish, until I've earned anything more.

Alex Libman

Quote from: Jim Johnson on June 25, 2013, 01:51 PM NHFT
I was going to say that Alex should sell screen doors to submarine commanders to get use to a little rejection... but then that's kind of what he's been doing around here, selling an idea that no one can use.

"Selling"?

I've promoted about a hundred specific FSP-related ideas over the years (ex. an open coordination strategy of buying up adjacent land).  I still stand behind a large majority of them.  (Many are now libricided...)  I can't recall any ideas that would have profited me personally - all that was for the good of the Project.  I've also written maybe a couple of hundred Thought Experiments, where I was "selling" debate and the pursuit of Truth rather than any particular conclusion.  I am now "selling"
my ideas about Tent Cities, which I believe in wholeheartedly.

But what is it that you think I'm "selling" on this thread?  I'm just putting all my cards on the table here.  I don't want anybody to do anything, I just want my posts on this thread to exist where people can see them if they so choose.  What I hope to get (as years of trying show that interpersonal understanding is unattainable) is a clean conscience.

I want to reject these sins moving forward: cowardice, a zillion personal weaknesses, the One Lie (whether only my mind or also my ass has actually been to NH), stealing back some of my tax-money by mooching, etc.  It makes sense in my mind that confessing sins of the past is a good place to start.

Alex Libman

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 26, 2013, 05:44 AM NHFTWell I see that you realize that Jerry and "Not as Silent as He Once was" Bob are the Official screeners for the FSP... if they say go away, well you can't move to New Hampshire!

I   AM   A   COWARD  !!!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Alex Libman on June 26, 2013, 03:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 26, 2013, 05:44 AM NHFTWell I see that you realize that Jerry and "Not as Silent as He Once was" Bob are the Official screeners for the FSP... if they say go away, well you can't move to New Hampshire!

I   AM   A   COWARD  !!!

NO YOU'RE NOT  !!!

Jim Johnson