• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine 2014

Started by Kat Kanning, July 13, 2013, 10:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: blackie on August 11, 2014, 07:08 AM NHFT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GGmCMCNK6o

Wow. Someone needs to lrn2cam. 5 mins of the ceiling and shaky as Hell thereafter. I'm seasick.

Tom Sawyer

To summarize...
Lots of intellectualizing about the NAP. The belief that the NAP is enough to build a community around, ridiculous. Makes me question if this social experiment has any chance of working.

Missing the forest for the trees, a sometimes raging drunk whose reckless behavior causes division. Caused good activists to withdraw from participating until finally he was kicked out of the KAC. Still being a dividing force and yet still promoted because he is "edgy".  ;D

Conversations regarding his behavior towards valued members of the liberty community, to include intimidating women who I wouldn't trade for 10 of his kind.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 11, 2014, 08:13 AM NHFT
The belief that the NAP is enough to build a community around, ridiculous.

The NAP is the absolute bare minimum to not be considered a criminal in a libertarian's eyes. It doesn't make you beyond criticism in all other respects.

You can be massively destructive to a movement without aggressive violence. Hell, you can without any violence at all. This is what they mean by vulgar libertarians.

Russell Kanning

I guess he will be getting his "free speech".
When I looked at his website a year ago ... he didn't seem like a person who I would want to hang out with.
I don't remember us having speakers at the beginning .... maybe just friendly people doing the Alt Expo with our friend Jack. :)
Maybe John will have to host the friendly loving people at the church. :)

ptb

You can count me out of any future events too if Cantwell is invited again. The types of people he attracts are not the types of people I'd want as my neighbor.

- Peter

Russell Kanning

and that abrasiveness seems to be his goal

KBCraig

I was working and couldn't make it, but even if I'd been off I wouldn't go if Cantwell was featured.

Russell Kanning

I am sure people had fun in Grafton for the week without having to hang out with him. :) I hope.