• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine 2014

Started by Kat Kanning, July 13, 2013, 10:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 16, 2013, 04:08 PM NHFT
I like august or september, but i think i get the least amount of votes :)

I kinda like August 10 myself.

Porcfest in June,
Bardofest in July (tentative),
Burning Porc in August and
Applefest in September.

Pat K

Quote from: jerry on July 16, 2013, 06:17 PM NHFT

Porcfest in June,
Applefest in September.

Leaf peaking in October
Rehab in November.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jerry on July 16, 2013, 06:17 PM NHFT

Porcfest in June,
Applefest in September.
that would be my favorite :-)

MaineShark

I concur.  The weather is typically drier in August, as well.

Kat Kanning

Sounds like an august date to me :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MaineShark on July 18, 2013, 06:16 AM NHFT
I concur.  The weather is typically drier in August, as well.
yes
And warmer if it does rain
Seems cold rain is the real bummer

MaineShark

I asked a few folks around town what they thought, and so far, no one has said they think it would be a bad idea.  A few think it is a good idea, and a few don't really care which date is used, as long as BP happens.

Russell Kanning

how about we have TomP and Jerry call it then?

jerry

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2013, 01:59 PM NHFT

Tom was just here and he agrees that August 10 is the best.
He also requests that you re-activate his account here.
Could you also do Jean Alexander's account?

To clarify, Sunday August 10, 2014 will be the LAST day of Burning Porc, yes?

Kat Kanning

sent Tom an email.

can someone help me out with Jean's email?  I don't know what her user name used to be or anything.

Kat Kanning

Aug 10th is Sunday, so that being the last day makes sense.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jerry on July 22, 2013, 05:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2013, 01:59 PM NHFT

To clarify, Sunday August 10, 2014 will be the LAST day of Burning Porc, yes?
I second it

John

Tom Sawyer

I was away for work... we were feeling bad about not being able to make it to Grafton to visit with our friends. Hope everyone had a good time.

Being that we have friends and a connection to Grafton, building houses for Porcs, spending time with people we have connected with over the years... makes this post difficult.

We just found out who the featured speaker was, and I must say I'm disappointed and am concerned about the judgement of that decision.

Many folks seem to feel the gooberment is the biggest threat we face. At times people have gotten worked up about the threat of alphabet soup agency attack.

Infiltration and disruption from within is a more likely scenario... We have had dividers and problem people orbiting the NH freedom movement before. Several times I was in the position of warning people, many times having to defend and prove to their satisfaction the danger I sensed. Pretty much to a person my concerns proved out.

From Powerchuter to the latest idiot to be involved, I believe the worst enemy is likely to be the Cantwells and other hate filled attention whores who claim to be our fellow travelers. Libertarians are often a myopic bunch and can get caught up in one issue arguments like "freedom of expression" and ignore the whole story. Like drunken rages, fist fights, bullying of women, etc. which old Chris is guilty of. His landlord waving a shotgun around at PorcFest and threatening people who called him on his unsafe behavior. Don't be surprised when the gun rubbers see violence as the answer to most problems. Focusing on the abuses and tactics of our overlords, can lead to us taking on those same traits.

Ultimately the psychology that is most often behind anger is fear. Letting go of as much of that fear as possible makes a person less angry and ultimately leads to being able to persuade others that you are on a better path. Perhaps, then, they will join us as well.

The bottom line is I hope it is a matter of being unaware rather than a lack of wisdom. We don't want anything that further distances families like mine from participating.

blackie